Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-21, 03:24 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Anybody have/like one of those personal-sized ones?
I just bought this one from Macy's a couple weeks ago and like it.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/k...atchColor=Blue
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 07:30 PM  
Sollamyn

I know you said you were looking for a ready-made drink, but I've been concocting a "drink" (which I actually ate from a bowl with a spoon a couple of times because it was so thick!) with frozen blueberries (because that's what I have on hand) and frozen banana slices, plus 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup of plain kefir and a scoop of protein powder (tried chocolate and vanilla, but vanilla is my favorite). I've been really pleased with the results of my experimentations. These drinks are really yummy and rich tasting. The more kefir, the less thick it is, and this evening I left the banana slices thaw a little bit first, because it is just too hard to blend them otherwise. (I, too, have an old, old-fashioned blender!)

Best wishes on your continued recovery!

Donna
Old 09-23-21, 09:20 AM  
anetta

Not a drink but do you like cottage cheese? I have this for breakfast everyday, with some fruit and vegetables and a small piece of turkey or chicken.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 09:23 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Well, those of you that regularly make smoothies, what blender do you use? I have an ancient blender that needs replacing (I never ever use it; it’s at least 20 years old). Maybe I’ll just get a blender tomorrow at the big box store. Anybody have/like one of those personal-sized ones?
I have this Ninja blender. I generally make smoothies in the 24 oz single-serve cups. It works well. For green smoothies, the key is to blend the greens with the liquid first, then add the other fruits, etc.

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/product...to-iq-zidBN751
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-21, 01:38 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetta View Post
Not a drink but do you like cottage cheese? I have this for breakfast everyday, with some fruit and vegetables and a small piece of turkey or chicken.

Anita
Good thought. I usually do like cottage cheese, though I’ve not tried it since having my taste issues. Adding that to my list!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 06:09 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Tangential: a local news station did an interview with a woman who owns a bakery and caught Covid early in the year before the vaccines were available, She's still dealing with taste and smell issues, which is of course part of her job--sometimes bread will taste fine and other times like a "bag of garbage." She said she's had to get over her initial embarrassment and to rely on her staff to help her out.

It must be incredibly frustrating, and I hope you recover soon, Alison!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 10:05 AM  
Terry

Not a balanced meal, but: I use Premier Protein for a 30 g dose of protein when I’m in a hurry. I like the chocolate when it’s been in the freezer for about 10 minutes after already being refrigerator cold.

I had covid in December 2020. Now I’m wondering if K-cup coffee, several brands from which to choose at my work, really does stink like some funky chemical rather than smell like good old-fashioned coffee. Star Bucks House Blend De-caf is the worst.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 03:42 PM  
alisoncooks

I tried this today:
https://www.oatsovernight.com/

Interesting. I definitely didn’t mind the texture (I like to chew my drinks — like boba tea or smoothies with oats).

Anyway, blueberry was pretty good this morning but a bit sweet for me. Some reviews say they divide a packet into two servings and add extra oats to bulk the half portion.

I’m thinking I could probably use oats, protein powder and such (chia seeds, flax) to make an approximation of these (but cheaper)… But these were super convenient (though I was hungrier sooner than I expected!)
Old 09-28-21, 03:44 PM  
alisoncooks

Also, I’ve found that a lot of nuts/nut butters have a new rancid taste. Boo! I’m wondering about peanut butter powder instead. Anyone use this in drinks/smoothies? Is it good?
Old 09-28-21, 08:18 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Also, I’ve found that a lot of nuts/nut butters have a new rancid taste. Boo! I’m wondering about peanut butter powder instead. Anyone use this in drinks/smoothies? Is it good?
I've used peanut butter powder in both my smoothies and plain coconut milk yogurt. The taste isn't as strong as regular nut butters, but I like it.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meal replacement shakes, protein powder, protein shakes