Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-17-21, 12:33 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi all!!
What a fun workout week!!
Wed I did H&C Chisel Agility + Total Body. I think maybe my favorite 2 Chisels.
Yoga: Gaia, David Magone Advanced King Pigeon. Ahhhh...can't get into the full pose but everything else felt amazing.

Yesterday I pulled out an OLDIE!! Tae Bo Live Advanced #8. I have not done any TB for YEARS!! What fun and lots of sweat. And feeling my butt. This one is mostly all cardio so perfect. I also found all the Live Advanced workouts on YouTube (my copies are shakey) so I may add these in from time to time.
Yoga: PowerYoga Dan Do You Yin. Wow...just what I needed to slow down.

Today I did Dove's Bodies #4. Weeee. This one uses a high step and the usual light weights or bodyweight. I used mostly 10s and one 15 for some tricep work. I really like these. Total change of pace for me. Big time metabolic!

Think today's Yoga will be a little Eoin Finn.

ChelePA: I don't know if there is anyplace better than the Mayo? I have heard of lots of alternatives and already using some herbal products.

bee: Thank goodness NEGATIVE!!

Linda: All I can say about cancer is GADANK!!!!

cat: I always liked Jari's workouts because of that high rep/low weight affect. Brutal! I was going to call the guy "Bob". LOL

Waves to Kim, manley, kitty and ALL!!! Your hugs really do help. I will NOT give up and must stay resolute for both my boys.

TGIF!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 05:43 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Ones,
Thanks for all of the well wishes and congrats on the negative covid test. And yes, manleym! It is just that time of year, isn't it?! I'd sort of forgotten that pattern! And Kim, yes, very much like cold symptoms but great that your husband was also negative!

I have to tell you guys..... I was feeling mighty sore in the abs from that Barlates workout I did! I haven't felt like that in a long time, so it seems good. That was Thursday, I guess? For Fun Friday I walked, twice, with a different friend each time. Good to catch up with them and I got in a lot of steps Friday -- something over 14,000. Today I did the Epic III Total Body Complex that manleym mentioned. I really liked it too. As manleym said it was possible to go pretty heavy (though I was considerably lighter than Caroline!). My heart rate got up really high throughout much of it. I was jello after -- have a feeling I'll be sore from this. It was fairly repetitive, but the kind of repetitive that I somehow don't mind -- or maybe it was just my mood this morning -- but I was able to really focus in on each move and sort of zone out the rest of the world. I like
it.

Kate, as always, I love your enthusiasm for your workouts. You've got me really close to pulling out Dove. I may do one this week -- I'm a little bit afraid, truth be told.

Hope everyone is having a peaceful weekend.
Old 09-19-21, 12:40 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Dear Watulans!!

Circle up, clasp those hands, and whisper your love to each other!!
This is such a great group! Love to all Watulans!
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 12:58 PM  
lavna

Happy Sunday everyone!

I saw the doctor this week. She said that I don't feel pain, I don't have tu use crutches to walk! Yay! Yesterday, I went to the grocery store on my 2 legs! It felt great! In 1 week, I can remove the boot in the house. I have to keep using it outside the house just to be on the safer side until the end of October. I've already started some easy rehab moves and I'm starting PT next week. So, I'm slowly getting back to normal.

I'm so very late but Birthday wishes to Kate and Kittybug!

Kate: I'm sorry about Justin. I admire you for your energy and your positive thinking. Hugs to you and your family.

Chele: I'm often thinking about you and your daughter. {{Hugs}}

BabyW: Sending thoughts and hugs to you.

bee: I'm happy that your test was negative.

kim: Congrats on being able to get discharged from PT. Such good news!

MamaVol: Thanks so much for everything you're doing for our group! You should ring so crystal bells in your honor.

Waves to manleym, cataddict, horusosiris!

Have a great week!
Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-21, 01:00 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
This is such a great group! Love to all Watulans!
Yes!!!!!

And Nathalie, great news about walking into the grocery store on two legs! That's got to feel great!
Old 09-19-21, 01:46 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!

Yikes, busy week and another ahead...sorry for the lack of posting and in keeping this kind of short!! The workouts this week were:

Cathe Pyramid Upper (Intensity Series) (never. gets. easier.)
Cathe Pyramid Pump Lower plus abs (LITE) (ouch, so underrated!)
Kaylie Daniels 60-minute Yoga Sculpt Total Body (yikes)
Cathe Cross Fire ()
Bar Method Super Sculpting (sshhhhaakkkkkinnggggg)

Like Horusosiris, these days I'm trying to mix all kinds of stuff up!

Bee, SO glad you're on the mend and got to see family! And Nathalie, great news from the doc!! I bet it felt great to go to the store, hah! Special shout outs to Kate, BabyW, and ChelePA with huge hugs all the way around.

Kim, when I hurt myself in June, I too had this crazy awareness of how I moved which slowly left the more I felt better, sliding into bad habits again. It's so important!!

MamaVol/Watulan Social Director Extraordinaire, I SO agree with FN2 and Manleym about your position here. And I so laughed about your driving comment AND snake comment!

FN2 and Manleym, durn (got that from Manleym!) if you all aren't making me want Cathe Live again. Stop!!!!

We had a cold front come in and I'm looking forward to making some soup today!!!

Big hugs to all having challenging times. Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 07:47 AM  
horusosiris

Good Morning to All

I am glad to see that everyone is doing well.

Kitty- What type of soup did you make and how did it turn out?

KateTT- hang in there. I am sending many hugs your way.

I plan to do last weeks Cathe Live "Switch It Up Bootcamp" today and I have a bunch of reading to do today so I am off to get it done.

Have a great day everyone.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 11:10 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post

Kitty- What type of soup did you make and how did it turn out?
Horusosiris, I made a smoky vegetable soup and it's deeeelicious!!

Yesterday I did the Legs and Glutes Extreme premix. Watulans, I never did this one before with ankle weights and I was really questioning getting through it when that standing ankle weight section went to repeat! But I did it and was a soaking wet mess when it was all over. I'm wondering why I'm not sore today though...maybe it just hasn't set in yet?

Have a great Monday all!!

Old 09-20-21, 02:57 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

First the workouts. I have done CL #362 Switch it Up Bootcamp, and manley, yes, it is definitely easier than her previous bootcamps. I'm wondering if Cathe is lowering the intensity due to lingering eye issues or if she is just making them easier as her users are asking for easier. Anyway I have plenty of harder Cathe so I'm not going to complain. I've also been to the gym and tried the stairclimber machine on the recommendation of horusosirisand I do like it! I've kind of decided that with the cardio machines it's best for me to limit them to 20 minutes each as I get bored. I also did the recumbent elliptical interval program and walked and sprinted on the track. I also have revisited Jari Love's Ripped and Jacked thanks to Kate's reminder. I did all the segments except legs and abs. Oh, the guy's name is Robin. He does a good job. I usually chose weights that were somewhere between what he used and what the women used and that worked for me. Yesterday for CheleFunSunday I did a Christina Dorner Fast and Advanced Step workout on Youtube. She really does put together a good step workout. There's a bit too much chattering to the virtual participants for my taste, but it's a free workout and I know she's running a business so I am working on tuning it out. I like the creative way she puts together the moves and I have no problem picking up the choreography as I don't really think there are any new step moves under the sun, just different names and combinations. Fun stuff!

So I've been in a bit of a funk lately. Last Friday was the first anniversary of when we lost our sweet Watula, and our oldest guy Tank has not been doing so well. He was diagnosed with some sort of growth in his sinus cavity in April, and our vet said they could do a bunch of invasive testing to see what it is and if it's cancerous or not, but due to the location it isn't operable or even treatable with any real success. So we decided not to pursue it as we didn't want to put him through a ton of stressful tests for essentially nothing. Fast forward to last Friday---he just stopped eating out of the blue. Other than not eating he was doing everything else in his routine as he normally has been doing. We "assumed" his tumor had grown, was cancer, and we were going to lose him within days if not hours. We got an appointment with the vet this morning and he said he doesn't think his not eating has anything to do with the growth and is possibly related to something else. So we are getting some bloodwork done once he has calmed down enough to let them get his blood (he was pretty worked up by the whole vet experience and was going full on wild tiger in the jungle on the tech) to give some clues as to what might be going on. We are still worried but ever so slightly relieved because honestly I know we thought deep down that we would not be bringing him home today or ever. So we are waiting on that score but we've just lost so many of our precious companions within the last year or so that it's sad.

Oh, and daughter tested positive for Covid and has been quarantined. Fortunately the grandsons tested negative and her only symptoms were the loss of taste and smell. She has been fully vaccinated fortunately. She had traveled to a concert prior to the diagnosis with a new boyfriend and no masks or distancing so there you go. BF also tested positive. The grandsons can't go back to school until October 11th so they've had to be at home for weeks and the quarantine period includes the youngest one's birthday. Poor kid. We aren't happy as to us she was irresponsible, but of course we can't do anything about what she chooses to do. Guess she thought being vaccinated made her bulletproof but the kids are too young to be vaccinated so there it is.

bee, glad your test was negative! Don't you love that Ted Lasso got all those awards? We really enjoy the show.

Hugs to all that need them! Sorry this is a bit of a downer update---I'll post more later.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 05:58 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh Cataddict/FN2, my heart goes out to you for Tank...sending healing thoughts from every heart and paw in this house and that's a lot. Also sorry about your daughter, sheesh!! Hang in there!!

Just a public service announcement...there are no apologies necessary for posting about difficult times. We're here to support each other through challenges and nobody is bringing anybody down, okay? I'm guilty of the same sentiment, not wanting to be a downer , but I'm realizing how much we help each other stay sane, so, just sayin'. I love you all!!!

Tags
watulan check-in