Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-04, 07:20 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare*
Are you at all into step?
I like step, but have to limit it to once a week or so. High impact and pivot stuff are out for my knees.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 07:36 PM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
... High impact and pivot stuff are out for my knees.

Oh no, you are not going to like the Fast 10 cardio at all then!

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 08:00 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare*
Oh no, you are not going to like the Fast 10 cardio at all then!
I was thinking I'd try them on my rebounder. We have a power rack in our workout room, so I don't need the door attachments. I can set my rebounder up inside the power rack.

That's how I do those jumping pull-ups!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 10-14-04, 09:19 PM  
jmander

This one is perfect for you!

I'm quite surprised that nobody has suggested the new Alta-Tude workout yet. From what I've heard (although I'm too cheap to order it and have heard that the customer service is horrendous), it would suit you perfectly. Perhaps you can get a discount on it. :rolleyes:

Jane
jmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 12:31 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Genius!

Wow, Jane, what a great idea! I went over to the Alta-Tude website and immediately saw some perfect workouts. (BTW - you aren't working for the Alta-Tude Corporation, are you? ):

Inepti-Tude - A true non-choreographed workout consisting of marching in place for 40 minutes to the vocal stylings of William Shatner and Joan Rivers.

Lassi-Tude - A one-of-a-kind workout where you go to your workout video shelf and spend 25 minutes NOT picking one to do.

Fickle-Tude - This one is awesome! You do ten minutes of a workout, get fed up and take it out. You put in another workout and do it for eight minutes and push eject. After 30 frustrating minutes and six videos, you figure you have gotten about three minutes of cardio!

They are having a special right now. If I buy all three DVDs for $240, I can have the opportunity to send them more money whenever they beg for it. Making me an "Alta-Tude Angel". I can't wait!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 10-15-04, 06:30 AM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
Lassi-Tude - A one-of-a-kind workout where you go to your workout video shelf and spend 25 minutes NOT picking one to do.
Sorry, Alta, I'm going to have to invoke copyright on this one. I have it down to a science.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 03:43 PM  
Adrienne
VF Supporter

Wink Inepti-Tude

I heard that William Hung was going to be a featured singer in Inepti-Tude, but the producers removed him from the lineup after the pre-order and before the release, much to the dismay of his fan base.
Adrienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 04:03 PM  
Alan

Alta, I don't know if you're into kickboxing, but XKO Kickboxing with Larry Lam is a nice non-killer, mind numbingly repetitive workout that I think is fun. The workout is about 40 minutes. There are some kicks, but it's mostly punches and speedbags. The music is great, and the background exercisers aren't bad looking, either!
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 05:43 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
I heard that William Hung was going to be a featured singer in Inepti-Tude, but the producers removed him from the lineup after the pre-order and before the release, much to the dismay of his fan base.
Wait, I'm an Alta-Tude Angel and I ponied up a big wad of cash for this workout and now I'm steaming mad!
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 09:41 PM  
meggie
VF Supporter

Don't forget the HeavyHands Walk Plus... effective, but BORING.

Also anything with Debbie Siebers.

BTW ... what's this about William Hung *not* singing for the Alta-tudes? Darn! Maybe you can get William Shattner instead...??

Tags
aquatics, boring cardio, mindless workouts, simple cardio