Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-22, 12:30 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Yeah, well. I'd say if this is my controversy, I really need to work on my skills. Maybe I should change my word of the year to REBEL...
Well.... You never got into trouble before you started hanging out with me....

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 12:43 AM  
Venus

I don't choose a word for the year. But, if I did, it would probably be one of these this year:

Forgive - others (I tend to hold a grudge and need to work on that) and myself (for my shortcomings)
Breathe - relax, take it easy, stay present, focus, let go of stress
Ease - being at ease with what is and finding ease (in movement and in life)

I thought about it just for fun and ended up with these. Breathe and ease came from thinking about my yoga practice and wanting to find and dwell on these themes off my mat.

For 2021, I did write down a phrase, "A little goes a long way." I heard it from Yoga with Adriene. I did a lot of Yoga with Adriene this past year and found myself dwelling on several of the little sayings Adriene mentions, both during my yoga practice and off the mat. She mentions them often, so I could think of them often. It really helped me get through the year. Some of the other sayings are:

Find what feels good
Breathe love in, breathe love out
Trust that this time is valuable
Move like you love yourself

My life motto is "Be Kind", so I suppose that is my word(s) of the year every year. I try to remind myself to be kind to myself and others, though it's a struggle sometimes.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 03:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Love your post, Venus!
Old 01-06-22, 09:03 AM  
Venus

bee -
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 11:18 AM  
Demeris

This thread has got me thinking. I've never chosen a word for the year, but I know that having a principle or an idea to focus on helps me clarify my goals and choose more wisely my actions. So I thought for a while what would move me closer to my goals, and I came up with the word GENEROSITY. Oh, I'm not a stingy person when it comes to material goods, but I don't have a very generous spirit when it comes to people who irritate me or people who stand in the way of my pursuits. So this year, 2022, I will bring my thoughts back to my need to foster a generosity of spirit when I come face to face with anyone who irks me, even in very small ways.

Oh dear. I fear I've set myself up for some serious work.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 12:17 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
This thread has got me thinking. I've never chosen a word for the year, but I know that having a principle or an idea to focus on helps me clarify my goals and choose more wisely my actions. So I thought for a while what would move me closer to my goals, and I came up with the word GENEROSITY. Oh, I'm not a stingy person when it comes to material goods, but I don't have a very generous spirit when it comes to people who irritate me or people who stand in the way of my pursuits. So this year, 2022, I will bring my thoughts back to my need to foster a generosity of spirit when I come face to face with anyone who irks me, even in very small ways.

Demeris - You've been kind to me and I irk many people.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 01:47 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Demeris - You've been kind to me and I irk many people.
You haven't irked me. Yet
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 01:51 PM  
Pam

Thanks to the thread, I have been giving thought to what my word would be for the 2022. I have chosen JOY, one that has already been used by a few VFers. This region has been hard hit (as many other places in the world) by tragedies in 2021 and the more joy, peace and love I have in me, the more I can out and help in a small way this region.
Old 01-06-22, 10:55 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post

Demeris I have only ever known you as kind!

..but I'm totally cheering you on with the whole idea of being generous with kindness...that's awesome!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 06:37 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Demeris - Yeah, if you do a good job at picking a word or concept for the year, you create work for yourself. I think your word will be a good one for you and hope that at the end of the year you can look back and see the changes you want.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goals, new year goals, word for the year