Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-17-21, 08:57 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 16 Recovery Stretch and a neightborhood walk with DH.

Did I forget to post yesterday? It looks as though I did.

Anita, hope the booster shot went well for you and you didn't have any negitive side effects. As Laura said, you're the middle child - I'm the oldest at 70. Did anyone pickup the free stuff you put out?

Laura, how did the appointment with the ENT go?
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 08:36 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shapring Day 17 - moderate cardio followed by some stretching and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Guess I am the only one posting today - hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 11-19-21, 07:58 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Weird, I thought I had posted yesterday.... Yesterday we played Carcassonne, I walked Gus with my friends, and just basically spent the day catching up on recorded TV shows. Adelija came home with a female friend from her school and they are sleeping together downstairs - no school for them today. I did step outside tonight at 3 am to see the moon eclipse - cool! I'll be going off to work at the WRC this morning and may stop by a grocery store on my way home to pick up a few things. I'll take Gus for a walk, then do more putzing around the house.

Paula, sorry you've been the only one on here yesterday! I was kind of sore yesterday - don't know if it was the booster or everything I've been doing around here. My walker got picked up yesterday - gas container is still out there - I might crush it and toss it when garbage comes for me next week if no one grabs it.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 07:45 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sorry I dropped out of sight. It has turned into a crazy week. We have had a lot of appointments - medical appointments, training sessions, etc. Plus, I finally found someone to come in on Monday to clean the main floor in the house. I found them on a site that caters to one-time task experts, so it's just the one time so far, but this means we have been working to clean up the house of the clutter some.

Plus, we found out that my MIL fell and fractured her knee. She feel a couple of weeks ago and didn't tell anyone for a while and then wouldn't go for an x-ray for a while because she didn't want to bother anyone, so they just found out that she suffered a fracture. DH's family doesn't ask questions, so we do not know if it's her kneecap or another bone in the knee or what. DH feels like we should go in to help, but they keep saying that we should wait to decide until she gets the brace they are ordering for her, but the brace isn't coming in. It didn't arrive on Wednesday or today, and now they're hoping for Monday. With next week being Thanksgiving week and storms being predicted for early next week on this coast, I keep telling DH that someone needs to simply make a decision because, if we go, we'll have to rearrange a lot of different things.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 09:25 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 18 - Moderate Weights, some stretching and a neighborhood walk with DH.

It was a nice day so we went flying.

Anita, it's possible you lost a day due to the side effects of the booster - I was sure fatigued for a couple days afterward. Plus pain at the injection site. All things considered that's mild side effects. Glad Adelija is making good friends. I didn't even know there was an eclispe of the moon last night.

Laura, so sorry to hear of your MIL's fall. Would it be easier and quicker for you to buy the brace she needs and take it to her? I know there are some huge medical facilities near you (thinking of Duke). The supply line problems are affecting everyone everywhere aren't they!
Old 11-20-21, 08:58 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, raking my yard, and taking Adelija to a mall to meet some friends. Last night I got her to watch The Full Monty with me - we were both entertained - I think I've watched that about ten times over the years...

Laura, I'm sorry your week has been so busy and I feel sorry for your MIL - how far away from you does she live? Does she live on her own or in some sort of elderly facility? Hope the brace comes in quickly and wish she would have gotten my walker on the curb.

Paula, I'm a bit fatigued, but mostly just whole body soreness - feels like I've exercised a lot - I assume that's from the booster. No difference between my two arms though. Adelija is making lots of good friends, both foreign from her group, foreign from school, and a variety of kids from the school. She used to have a close friend from school that she would hang out with, but don't see her doing as much with her now. She now has to add back one of the classes she dropped (probably painting) for the program she's in - she's upset about that. I didn't know that limitation when it happened. I didn't bother taking a picture of the eclipse because so many others have better cameras and focusing equipment than me - no regrets standing out on my porch in freezing weather in pajamas for a few minutes though . Have fun flying!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-21, 09:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Following a lazy morning, we had a busy afternoon with stuff around the house - laundry, cooking, cleaning up the kitchen, etc. We also went to Mom and Dad's to try to help them figure out their router woes (no luck - it's an actual outage) and then hung out there some. We still haven't gotten the house cleaned up like we want, but there's always tomorrow.

My MIL lives in Huntington, WV (8 hours from us) with DH's brother living in front of her house and his sister living up the drive and other family in another house. But my BIL is caring for his wife in the end stages of emphysema and my SIL has an adult child who is severely autistic and schizophrenic, so they are maxed out. Plus, the other people are dealing with COVID. It's just a crazy time there. My MIL lives in her own house with support from the surrounding family, but this is just a crazy time and with Thanksgiving coming up, it's even worse.

Anita - It sounds like Adelija is getting an education in American entertainment. It sounds like a fun night in.

Paula - Yeah, the supply issues take so many different forms - it's nuts. The brace has to be fitted before it's ordered and they are waiting on her customized brace. That was a really good idea though. I thought about it...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-21, 09:22 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this mornig was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 19 Balance, followed by some stretching and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, I remember watching The Full Monty years ago - it was a fun movie. Glad Adelija is having a good experience living in our country and is making friends. I'm not surprised she had a problem with a course she's taking (or not). I don't believe I ever had a truely good course advisor. I suspect all my friends would say the same. I ended up having to take one course three times. I took it in community college (my advisor said to) I transfered to the four year college where it was upper division so they wouldn't give me credit for it from my Community College. So I took it again as a 400 level course. I was told since it was a 400 level course it would count toward a section of my graduate school requirments - it didn't I had to take it again as a 500 level course. Yes, they were all different perspectives and not idential but the advice I got was off base at every level. So, welcome to the world of higher education in the US Adelija.

I wonder if Laura is on her way to West Virginia?