Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-19-21, 08:19 AM  
Venus

I did Release and Receive (39 min) with Eoin. I liked what he said in the beginning, that releasing tension in the body makes us more receptive to love. That is definitely one reason I do yoga. I think it makes people not just more receptive but more loving, too.

Eoin did more tai chi movement in this practice, which I'm not so familiar with. I have to admit I was a bit distracted and got a little lost a few times near the start and during the faster flow portion; I found myself glancing at the video more than usual. I still enjoyed the practice and the deep stretches felt especially nice. I also liked the lunge to seated twist transition; it was a great way to get into the pose with ease. There was a long relaxation at the end (my favorite part!).
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 08:28 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Kudos to you for being able to do both scheduled practices. When you really enjoy something, you find time to do it. I could practice yoga two to three hours a day and not get tired of it. My body, mind and soul craves and thrives off it.
Well, it's only been about an hour a day I know what you mean about craving yoga. Some days, I'll go on YouTube and do one short practice after another and pretty soon it's been an hour or more. I feel like a better person after!

Quote:
Today was another great practice with Eoin, 'Release and Receive'. I liked the Tai Chi / Yoga flows, as well as the other mid-practice flows that weren't like any I've done before.

Only three more days of the challenge. I'll be sad when it's over, but hope this is just one of many (free) challenges Eoin and Insiya offer in the coming months.
Some of the sequences in the flow portion were also new to me; I really enjoyed the arm movements added to the poses in those flows.

I'm hoping to try out some of the yoga practices on the Blissology Yoga YouTube channel. I bookmarked it some time ago, but haven't had a chance to try any of the videos.
Old 11-19-21, 10:47 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I'm hoping to try out some of the yoga practices on the Blissology Yoga YouTube channel. I bookmarked it some time ago, but haven't had a chance to try any of the videos.
I've tried all of Eoin's practices (he has great pose demos / form pointers as well) on his Blissology channel. I've enjoyed them all, albeit some a bit more than others. If you enjoy his practices in this challenge, you'll definitely enjoy what he has to offer there.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 10:48 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
There was a long relaxation at the end (my favorite part!).
Hmm...I'm sensing a definite pattern with you.
Old 11-19-21, 06:13 PM  
SpiritYogi

Today's practice with Eoin, 'Flow Into Bliss', was another enjoyable practice. I liked the two (main) flows he put together as well as the floor work at the end.

My eye kept getting drawn to the bandage he had on his ankle and wondering how he got his boo-boo.
Old 11-20-21, 12:56 AM  
Venus

Day 8 was Flow Into Bliss (39 min) with Eoin. This had a faster flow portion and he added arm movements to some of the poses. I'm liking all the triangle poses in the videos; that pose/stretch has felt really nice for my body these days. I was a little tired after my workout today, but I was blissed out after the practice. I got sleepy during corpse at the end; I barely noticed the video ended. I'm hoping to sleep in tomorrow so I thought I'd post tonight
Old 11-20-21, 01:01 AM  
Venus

Quote:
I've tried all of Eoin's practices (he has great pose demos / form pointers as well) on his Blissology channel. I've enjoyed them all, albeit some a bit more than others. If you enjoy his practices in this challenge, you'll definitely enjoy what he has to offer there.
Good to know- thanks! I browsed and saw several practices and videos I want to do/watch.

Quote:
Hmm...I'm sensing a definite pattern with you.
I do prefer a restorative practice

Quote:
My eye kept getting drawn to the bandage he had on his ankle and wondering how he got his boo-boo.
I didn't even notice the bandage! I had to go back and look...
Old 11-20-21, 02:43 PM  
SpiritYogi

Today's practice was 'Devotion In Motion' with Insiya. I was surprised when she went into crow so early, but as an intermediate / advance yogi, I didn't mind it and really enjoyed the more challenging poses she offered in this practice and the transitions between each. I added a 15 minute free flow onto the practice since it was only about 40 minutes, and finished off with 'Peace In Conflict' meditation -- a separate video outside of the challenge that I received from Eoin this morning.

I also forgot to mention that I really liked how Eoin flowed from downdog directly into updog in yesterday's practice, skipping right over chaturanga. I never thought to do it that way but like having another option to choose from when doing that transition.
Old 11-21-21, 09:25 AM  
Venus

Quote:
I also forgot to mention that I really liked how Eoin flowed from downdog directly into updog in yesterday's practice, skipping right over chaturanga. I never thought to do it that way but like having another option to choose from when doing that transition.
Dena, I enjoyed that move, too. I struggle with the chaturanga to upward dog transition (I feel like I'm not doing it quite "right"), so I'm happy to have another option as well.
Old 11-21-21, 09:31 AM  
Venus

Saturday was Day 9 Devotion in Motion (42 min) with Insiya. This practice had more challenging poses (for me) and lots of twists and balance work. It was a nice flow; I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it and was willing and able to attempt most poses. I especially liked the sort of side plank flow with one leg bent in front. I was also happy to see chair (fierce!) pose with arm movements and wheel pose (I got into it again- yay! But I got a little shaky) which were in Insiya's Day 4 practice. I can't do crow, but I did practice the posture. My practice with Adriene was much more gentle and restorative, so I should have probably done Insiya's video first

I'm looking forward to Day 10 later today