Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-01-21, 08:40 PM  
momofcha

Pahla B

I just finished my 9WCF rotation and I don’t know if I’ve lost any weight, but as I approach August I’m debating either 80DO or actually following Pahla B as she recommends - moderate workouts every day. Obviously what I’m doing isn’t working. I am better about taking rest days, but am I still over stressing my body? Has anyone here listened to her - and had it work?

I’m sure I have nothing to lose, but I’m also looking forward to trying 80DO because I loved 9WCF. I’m just torn

Thanks

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 08:55 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I am turn 65 in October - and have definitely switched to more moderate workouts for many reasons.

I did lose a substantial amount of weight last year mostly while doing Pahla's workouts which I still do from time to time. I'm continuing to lose weight and am at my lowest weight in 40+ years. Sadly, though, it was not that I exercised it off. It was due to completely changing the way that I eat (per doctor's advice) because of a diabetes diagnosis.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 06:27 AM  
sbh

I agree with Carol. I am 59 years old. I just finished 90 days with Pahla and lost 7 pounds. Her program made me realize that intense workouts were making me gain weight. Too stressful for my over 50 body. Also, I was just eating too much. The food culprits were snacks and sugar.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 11:50 AM  
Sollamyn

Sorry I don't have any advice because I'm struggling with weight loss, too (because of my awful eating habits. I've been doing well with exercise.), but just out of curiosity, what is 9WCF and 80DO?

Thanks,
Donna
Old 08-02-21, 11:52 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
Sorry I don't have any advice because I'm struggling with weight loss, too (because of my awful eating habits. I've been doing well with exercise.), but just out of curiosity, what is 9WCF and 80DO?

Thanks,
Donna
I am guessing 80 day obsession from Beachbody streaming. I keep seeing the commercials. I do not know the other one.

Eta, nine week control freak from Beachbody

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 02:07 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

My 2 cents - I think generally exercise does not have much to do w/ weight loss - you can lose weight w/out exercising at all. But I do think that over-exercising (and this is individual - there is no one size fits all) may increase inflammation and stress which could make it more difficult to lose weight. Also, if your exercise increases your appetite that is also another way exercise could cause you to gain weight.

Ultimately, I think it all comes down to d*et, unfortunately, and it is more d*et the older we get.

That being said I think it is worth changing up your exercise to see if it makes a difference - your body may feel less stressed, your inflammation may go down and/or your appetite may decrease as a result of more moderate exercise.

Pahla explains that for women of a certain age, our declining estrogen slows down our recovery from intense exercise, so that results in the inflammation and stress.

Carol - that is so awesome about your weight loss results!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 04:15 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

My 2 cents - I think generally exercise does not have much to do w/ weight loss - you can lose weight w/out exercising at all. But I do think that over-exercising (and this is individual - there is no one size fits all) may increase inflammation and stress which could make it more difficult to lose weight. Also, if your exercise increases your appetite that is also another way exercise could cause you to gain weight.

Ultimately, I think it all comes down to d*et, unfortunately, and it is more d*et the older we get.

That being said I think it is worth changing up your exercise to see if it makes a difference - your body may feel less stressed, your inflammation may go down and/or your appetite may decrease as a result of more moderate exercise.

Pahla explains that for women of a certain age, our declining estrogen slows down our recovery from intense exercise, so that results in the inflammation and stress.

Carol - that is so awesome about your weight loss results!

Donna
Interesting. I honestly wonder if that’s my issue because I am inflamed. Maybe I’ll give it a shot for the month and see what happens. I am on HRT so I’m not low in estrogen but you never know.

I need to write down what I’m eating. I often wonder if it’s not enough. I cut out all snacks recently. It’s just so hard not being at home in my own kitchen. Puts a damper on things.

Yes the acronyms are Beachbody. I loved the 9 Week Control Freak. I am definitely going to do that again when I get back in my own house. Maybe I’ll do the Pahla B until I’m able to move back home.

Carol - I’m sorry for your diagnosis but congrats on the weight loss

Thanks!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 05:26 PM  
Sollamyn

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am guessing 80 day obsession from Beachbody streaming. I keep seeing the commercials. I do not know the other one.

Eta, nine week control freak from Beachbody
Okay, thanks, Sherry!
Old 08-02-21, 05:34 PM  
donnamp

momofcha - Pahla talks about all of what I said on her You Tube channel. I think for the most part it is all individual as to what works, but if you have been doing intense workouts and not getting the results you want it is worth it to try to see if working out moderately is the ticket.

Donna
Old 08-03-21, 09:22 AM  
donnamp

Pahla revamped her website and the first page explains her theory on weight loss in the peri-meno/meno time of life:

https://pahlabfitness.com/

I have to admit, I'm missing her a bit - after not doing any of her workouts for a few weeks.

Donna

Tags
appetite, lowering intensity, moderate intensity, over 50, pahla bowers, successful weight loss