Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-21, 10:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Quick check-in for me, today was:

Ellen - Walk w/ Weights - this is on her streaming site and the title says it all. I really enjoy the music on this workout, but it is otherwise unremarkable. Ellen shines more in her fusion style, but if you are looking for a lower key cardio workout this one is pleasant and does have Ellen's upbeat flavor to it.

Yesterday I walked my doggie - short walk.

I think I'm over the COVID-vaccines side effects - yay! Maybe it was good to get it over with in one fell swoop of misery.

Happy Friday.....

I'm not sure what I want to focus on for May but I think the weekend will be some outdoor walks (weather permitting) and Ellen...and then I'll try to decide what is next!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 07:44 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

Pahla B - May 7th Workout Walking with Weights - 25 minutes & Full Body Stretch - 20 minutes

Pahla was especially giggly in this workout, but it was a solid workout and didn't bother my shoulders at all. I'm not sure why some of her Walking with Weights workouts whip my butt and some do not, but this one was very do-able. Her Full Body Stretch is such a departure - Pahla is actually calm and soft-spoken and it's a nice relaxing stretch, which was perfect after a week from work hell. Oh well, only 15 more days.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 08:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

it is dreary today - so I am thinking a walk may not happen, so I did:

Jenny Ford - Basic Step - Zion (this is from her You Tube Channel)

Ky Autumn/Blessful Body - Flowing Alignment - she offered a $1 for 21 day special for her streaming site, so I joined up. I have used her stuff before it is mostly Pilates/Yoga fusion blends. This was nice, nothing remarkable, but good beach scenery and a gentle routine.

Carol - I know what you mean about Pahla!! I'm missing her some, so I may do her May workouts next week. Sorry you had such a rough work week. I did as well.....I don't think things will get better until July, though. LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
Old 05-08-21, 08:35 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

WH Pilates Sculpt Workout - 27min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hB5fCFpRHY
Leslie's Ultimate 5 Day Walking Plan DVD - 2 miles. Yellow & Red mile.

Karen's Pilates Sculpt workout was terrific! Efficient, full body, sneaky little burner. I really like her workouts. Leslie's walk was meh. Yellow mile was very boring with a terrible "music". Red mile was a little better. It was one of those days where I couldn't decide on the cardio so instead of spending a lot time going back-and-forth between different options, I followed the path of least resistance and chose Leslie.

Couple of days ago I did D&A Core & More and said that it was more of a glute workout than abs. I take that back. I had real DOMS in my abs and core yesterday, something that I rarely have.

Donna, I'm glad you're back feeling normal after your 2nd shot.

Linda, are we on for Ellen's Fusion Flow tomorrow?

Hi to Carol, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!
Old 05-08-21, 08:45 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I love outdoor scenes. CS and yoga zone are great for that. I know I don't enjoy the CS episodes that are indoors simply because they are indoors, lol. Carol will you take a vacation when the school year ends?

Donna I read, and was delighted to see, that you're feeling normal again. Very good news.

Yesterday was Tracie Long signature series mobility warmup (still love this one) and Cathe PHA3 with ab stacker and extended stretch. I subbed in my last day of PPS Challenge for some moves and was sooo excited I completed it. The actual workout itself was tough for me and I almost quit but changed up my music and powered through. I think the kettlebells substitution will be something I continue to do in all my Cathe workouts as I can. The ab stacker bonus was really fun and I can see that would be an ab workout I will do often. The extended stretch was just ok.
Today I am taking a rest day. Hugs to all for a sweet Saturday

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 11:47 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

You guys are totally right! Thanks for the push. I promise to call the dr on Monday.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-21, 06:45 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Pahla B - May 1st Workout Happy Cardio - 25 minutes

I was pretty tired, so I opted for a fairly easy Pahla workout - 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. Twice through 2 circuits of probably 8 low impact moves.

Donna - So glad you are covered from your vaccination! May is usually a difficult work month in the school environment - in my 8 years of doing this type of work, this is by far the worst May I've experienced. Teachers are tired, parents are crazy. I am beyond tired.

Linda - Yes, I'm taking Memorial Day week, the week of June 20th, the week of July 4th and the week of July 18th off. It will be a little stressful to be gone that much, but I can do it; additionally we work short days in June and July, like 9 to 2 and 9 to 12 on Fridays. I think my new assistant will be up to speed completely by then and can handle all of the day to day stuff while I'm gone. So far no plans for any of those weeks, except for a virtual genealogy institute on the week of June 20th.

Dana - I've added that WH workout to my to do list.

Carol
Old 05-10-21, 08:06 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

WH Standing & Mat Pilates - 21min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6l5MWRW7j0
WH Pilates Arm Workout - 16min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTVKZJ8vvEU
JS Mile 2 Walk - 15min. This is from her 4 Mile Power Walk DVD. Meh.

I took a rest day yesterday and did absolutely nothing. Today I have some errand to run. Last week I had my eyes checked and need new glasses. Pain in the butt, not to mention the expense but such is life.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 05-10-21, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I forgot to post yesterday....

Ellen - Prayer Flow
Outdoor walk - it cleared up enough for DD and i to take one of our longer outdoor walks. We also picked up take out from a new (to us) restaurant. It was a little pricey, but good food!

Today was:

Lucy Wyndham- Read (LWR) - Feel Fabulous for Summer (FFS) Challenge Day 1 -

This was an 11 min cardio/tone - all body weight. But surprising raised my HR and an 8 min standing abs routine.

She is offering another free challenge this month and I decided to try it out since i'm at loose ends about what I want to do workout-wise these days.

You do repeat the cardio workout for 6 days but the toning workout is different for each day.

https://www.lwrfitness.com/summer-ready-challenge/

So, we shall see how long I stick with it.

I added in Caroline Jordan's Recovery Day workout for some stretching.
And, if time and weather permit, I'll probably go for a walk later.

Dana - those WH workouts look great!

Carol - My busiest time at work is always March - June. This year is better than last year though since we have all gotten used to doing everything remotely.

Waves, Linda, Brenda, Christine....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 05-11-21, 05:32 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Just a walk:

Dog Walk - 40 minutes

Yesterday wasn't too bad at work. I hid in my office and worked.

Carol