Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-21, 07:39 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

My Memorial Day workout was

Pahla B - Day 8 - Body Shaping series - 30 minutes

This was a Push Day strength workout. Even though I lifted much lighter weights than Pahla, it was still a push for me because of the design of the workout - 3 straight intervals of 40 seconds of lifting, followed by 10 seconds of rest for each exercise. I am a little more sore today than usual, but not too much, so I must have pushed myself just enough. I think I'm kidding myself when I decide that I can't gain strength doing Pahla's workouts (just because she's not Cathe).

I'm not exactly sure which Pahla I'm doing today - her June 1st workout or the Day 9 workout in the Body Shaping series. I'm also thinking about starting Kim Saha's 10 Minute series that she did last year during quarantine. It's probably 6 or 7 weeks long, with a 10 minute pilates video for each day - an abs day, glutes day, arms day, etc. - all filmed outside.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I did take my Golden for a walk...

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - June Playlist Day # 1 - metcon. I enjoyed this one - 40 second intervals - cardio followed by two strength exercises. No repeats.

Trifecta Pilates - 14 Day Challenge Day # 1 - this was a 'reformer on the mat' style workout. It moved a bit faster for me - but it is marked as a Level 2 class. Since I tend to just dabble in Pilates I do better w/ her Level 1 classes. Although I think if I were to work w/ her stuff regularly, I would see improvements. It is just the exercise ADD thing that stops me.

Carol - good workout! I have been thinking about doing one of Pahla's body shaping rotations. I think it is easy to feel that we are not doing enough if we are not totally exhausted or in pain. I guess it is all the years of being told to "work hard or go home" and "no pain, no gain".

Linda - sounds like a lovey hike!

I hope everyone has a good day...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 08:29 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

June thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231120