Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-19-21, 07:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed posting yesterday, but I did:

Ellen - Core Yoga - this is from her 7 Day DVD - it was pretty good, the 7 Day workouts have grown on me quite a bit.

Long outdoor walk

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1129 - this was a standing and floor routine

I have officially completed Season 11 - I am not sure how long it took me - but I have pulled out Season 12 and will work my way through that season next.

Carol - are you feeling any more energetic?

Linda - I like WS 1.0 well enough but I think my issues are - I don't really like repeating workouts - so I am glad to have found the Phase II version that offers an option for the day. But, even then sometimes I don't feel like dong the "assigned' workout. I also really have to be in the mood to do traditional weight work as it is not my favorite - I prefer to do Pilates, fusion, barre, etc. in place of traditional weight routines for the most part. So, that is probably why I have only done the straight up weight workouts in this set once. I also am not in love w/ Interval Mix and 360 Abs is ok, but one I need to be in the mood for. Interval Mix has a lot of mountain climbers, etc., Jessica does them on a chair, but I still don't love doing them and would rather do one of the HIIT walks. In fact, Interval Mix is up for today but I plan to do the sub with is 2 miles from the 6 mile DVD. I didn't have the energy for it this morning, but I'm hoping to squeeze it in later....if not, I'll get to it tomorrow. I did walk a lot this weekend.

Waves, everyone....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 06:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Dog Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant - Barre Pilates Workout - 20 minutes

The weather was nice today and we decided to take the dogs out before it gets cold and windy tonight - wind chills of 15 to look forward to tomorrow.

Donna - Yes, I'm still pretty pooped. I think it's just CoVid fatigue - I'm tired of putting up with selfish people who will be the first to complain if their kids have to go home for a 2 week quaratine.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 06:59 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Checking in today with a rather uninspired choice on my part: Leslie 2 MM - 30min. I had a different workouts planned but just wasn't feeling it and since I have to go to the office this morning, I don't have too much time to ponder doing anything else. I do have to kick my butt into gear and will have to step it up a notch because I've been lazy.

Someone mentioned on the other thread that Barre 3 is having another "mega" sale and for a while I was tempted to sign up. Then, Carol's question about squats brought me to my senses and I've decided to pass. Thanks, Carol! If I was going to sign up for another streaming site right now, it would be Workout Hotel. Karen's style of workouts appeal to me a lot more nowadays. I am going to hold off however until the end of the year when 2 of my current subscriptions expire.

I am interested though, in Cathe's upcoming DVDs and will most likely purchase them when presale starts. It's been years since I purchased Cathe during presale but I'm interested in these. I'll have to see the what the extra equipment looks like and if I should get it too. I have tons of loops (fabric too) and bands so I'm not sure I need more. I don't think I ever bought any equipment from Cathe, but I'm suspecting that the quality is better that most?

Gotta go now and get ready for work. I hope to add Travis' yoga for beginners later.

Waves to Donna, Linda, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!
Old 04-20-21, 07:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday ended up being quite a good day exercise-wise in spite of a rough start, I finished up the day with:

Ellen - Lifted & Lean
Outdoor walk

Today, so far, I did:

Ellen - Power Fusion

the weather is supposed to be good before it rains tomorrow, so I am planning another outdoor walk

Carol - Was the workout you did the one Jessica did for Pilates Camp? I hear you on the COVID fatigue. I don't understand people at all. And, sometimes, probably most of the time, it is the parents who are the problem and not the kids. A few months back my DD and her friends went hiking, they carpooled and they all wore masks inside the car. I'm feeling just a bit of a life fatigue right now as well - just a lot going on, a lot to ponder and it saps my strength from wanting to do workouts. Ellen has been working well for me this week so far but I would like to get the last 2 week of the WS 1.0 workout done, I'm doing the Phase II version and even then I'm substituting sometimes!

Dana - I'm also mildly interested in Cathe! I was also tempted by the B3 deal, but I'm not sure if I would use it enough to justify spending $100 on it. I think I prefer to subscription hop rather than commit to a year-long membership. I wonder if there are clips/sample workouts for B3 to view what their method has evolved to. And, there is also so much free content on You Tube....I'm more than likely going to pass.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 04-20-21, 10:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Folks, I am tempted by the B3 sub. I guess because it is a great deal. I started wondering if my daughter would use. But someone talk sense to me because I can't even seem to force myself to do the B3 DVDs I own, and my internet stinks. Honestly, I know the only other streaming I would use..it's CS or Ellen....and yet I keep looking at the thread! Haha!

Monday Kristen Mcgee weight loss pilates. I did the workout premix of warmup, flow #1 and cooldown. By the end of the 30 minutes I thought she was a smiling devil. Basically, the last set of reps in any exercise of whatever we were doing was a struggle! I liked her sequence, the different movement progressions, wasn't crazy about the cardio jump intervals, but did not like the number of reps. Wonderful warmup and cooldown but not enough form pointers in the flow for a beginner.

Do you all have this DVD? Curious to know if Flow #2 is even harder? I don't know when, if ever, I could do both flows in their entirety, lol.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 11:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Folks, I am tempted by the B3 sub. I guess because it is a great deal. I started wondering if my daughter would use. But someone talk sense to me because I can't even seem to force myself to do the B3 DVDs I own, and my internet stinks.
Linda, if your internet stinks then I don't know if you should bother with a whole year commitment only because it's a great deal. It won't be worth the aggravation in the long run. Thanks for reminding me of my own internet limitations unless I work out no later than 5-6am. I'm passing on it.

I'll have to check, but I think I do have Kristin McGee Weight Loss Pilates DVD although I don't remember if and when was the last time I did it. I'm at work right now (taking a break) and I'll check when I get home. Your review got me interested.

Will be back later.
Old 04-20-21, 07:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was

Cathe - Slim and Trim - 35 minutes

This is the first of the three original barre type workouts that came with the purchase of the FitTower. I really like all three of them - and wish she would make more, but I know that's not likely. I also have the three FitTower workouts she made and sells directly on her website, as well as a couple of the Cathe Live FitTower workouts. I need to try them out while I have my FitTower put together. I'm thinking of a loose rotation of these DVDs and using Jenny Ford's walks as my cardio.

I'm not sure about the new Cathe's yet. I'm wondering if my hands can handle her bands. These three original FitTower workouts use a flat band, so I'll see how my hands hold up doing these.

The other school district in our metro area that went mask optional two weeks ago had to send 40 kids home last week from one school for quarantine and another 50+ from another school yesterday, after they had 5 positive cases there - 3 students and 2 staff members. I don't understand how parents can't see that this is going to happen to their children. We expect to see a lot more of these instances in the remaining 6 weeks of school. We get heat every day from parents over the mask requirement. Sigh...

Donna - The Jessica Valant workout was on YouTube and is the one where she had the light green pants on.

Linda - I've got to agree with Dana - if your internet isn't very good, then I wouldn't waste the money on streaming. It's funny - I can usually easily stream stuff from YouTube and even from GHUTV, but in the past I've had tons of trouble trying to stream Pilates By Lisa and even some trouble trying to stream Barre3.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 08:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana and Carol thank you. I needed to hear that.

Dana if you try the Kristin workout I would be interested to hear your thoughts!

Donna that makes sense. I think it's more important to move and vary it ..and you certainly do.

Honestly, all of you do a great job of keeping variety in your workouts.

Started Week 2 of the push pull swing challenge and am glad I am using light weight. Headed to do a Yogazone for healthy back or something like that. New to me, but an old workout. Looking forward to it.

Happy Midweek wishes to you guys !!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-21-21, 07:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went back to the Jessica Smith WS 1.0, Phase II Rotation (w/ modifications by me!) today! I have two weeks left and I would like to finish it out. it is a good rotation with a lot of variety- it can easily be made into a generic template.

Anyway, today was:

Jessica Smith - 6 Mile Mix - Steady Burn Mile & Speed Walk mile - this was a substitute for Interval Max on the Phase II rotation.

Jessica Valent - Hip and Hamstring Release

Yesterday I went on a short walk, too.

We are supposed to have some crazy weather changes today w/ temps dropping 20-30 degrees - it sounds like where Carol lives, LOL.

Speaking of Carol, I just don't understand those parents either.

I'm somewhat tempted by B3 but I do like variety and I'm not sure how much I would use it over the course of a year. I think I do better w/ subscription hopping, even though the per month charge is greater that way - but I also don't usually end up spending $ on something I don't use. Right now I have Ellen and Jessica V and I'm happy with both of those and use them a few times a week. That isn't to say I wouldn't mind a month or two of B3 but I am not sure I would use it for a year!

Margaret Richard has a 3 month special, I'm more tempted by that. Thinking i can do her workouts 4X per week and then mix with some cardio and Pilates and fusion.....I find her stuff to be low dread enough!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-21-21, 10:06 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I have never tried Margaret Richard but it sounds like a great plan!

Today was a vhs goodie Versa training HiLo Petra Kolber; some mobility and get up practice and Wk#2 Day #6 of the push pull swing challenge.

Waves to all!!