Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-25-21, 08:11 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - It’s spring! Time to show off those tattoos! 4/25

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 08:18 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

When I was posting on Friday, VF was going down. I'm hoping that's where the 500 error came from. Yesterday was a miserable rainy day, and we just hunkered down in the house all day. We were supposed to go for lunch at Mom and Dad's, but DH was in a lot of pain and not feeling very well, so we postponed until next weekend.

Anita - I saw you on VF when I came on and then you disappeared. Hope you weren't off hunting themes. You continue to get a lot done around the house.

Paula - The patio sounds like it looks nice.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-25-21, 08:40 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Time for possible new themes...

Crone Cronies - At the end of a spring day, you should smell like dirt. May xx

Crone Cronies - In spring, you can count 136 kinds of weather in 24 hours. May xx

Crone Cronies - A good mother loves her kids. A GREAT mother loves her teenagers. 5/9

Crone Cronies - It's not whether you get knocked down. It's whether you get up. 5/xx

Crone Cronies - We owe a debt to our fallen heroes that we cannot fully repay. May 30

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-25-21, 08:51 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! I went off after not seeing anyone start and just came back to start a thread, but you beat me. Yay! I was going to try to find a theme if no one had posted... I'm glad you're not having the posting problems you had two days ago...

I'll be planning on walking Gus before the rains hit - we'll have constant rain through Tuesday... I'll still walk in the rain, but will take advantage of time before it starts (11:00 am start predicted). I'm hoping I can start the final prep parts of getting the concrete painted Wednesday - vacuuming off the surface before painting, and maybe moving a really big Bird of Paradise up to the back deck before starting painting - even when the new paint is dry, I don't want new skid marks on it from the dolly used to move it... Otherwise today is a pretty quiet day and rainy... I've got some friends that will need a night to sleep here a week from Monday, so need to prep their bedroom.

Paula, my Zoom meeting was about a living co-op that is looking to build something here in the Twin Cities for all ages - I'd say over 70% of the people listening were senior though. I can't wait to hit the greenhouses like you are for plants!

Waves to all (from >6 feet away)!

Anita

PS Oh and thanks for the new titles! I didn't see them when I was typing my message...
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 07:40 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliott Yin Yoga Paradise and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Today was grocery day, so shopping and prep took up my day.

Laura, thanks for getting us started. Interesting theme. I suspect this will date me but I really don't like the current fashion of tatooing. I'm used to men (usually those who served) having a tatoo or two, but the current trend of tatooing much of the body is not attractive to me. Sorry your DH had a painful day. Hope tomorrow is better for him.

Anita, hope you and Gus get in a nice walk. Interesting about the Zoom meeting for the new facility, were you impressed with the concept?
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 08:31 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today is a rainy day, but warm, so I'm hoping to finally officially claim spring is here and bring my plants outside. I'll also take my huuuuuuge Bird of Paradise outside as it needs to go on the cement walk next to the driveway that I'll be painting - figure before painting I can clean up after it - after painting, I don't want to see my wagon tire marks on the fresh painted concrete. My orchids and other houseplants will be going out also. I'm also prepping my bedroom downstairs for some friends to stay with me overnight next Monday - got all the bed linens washed up. Somehow Gus doesn't walk down inside stairs any more - I think he fell down the stairs a few times - not sure if its arthritis or sight deficiencies that caused that - poor guy is getting older . So at least the downstairs stays pretty clean though. I'll be walking Gus out in the rain sometime today also. And a Spades game this evening.

Paula, isn't it amazing how much our days take time to do things that used to just be a hour after work activity? I don't have a tattoo either and likely won't get one - I've seen lots in younger people at the circus! I think just because more skin gets exposed there than under clothing at my old work environment. I've thought about getting a tattoo years before, but didn't want to deal with my fat rolls distorting them . The Zoom meeting discussed locations more than what was in the building, so no idea what their units would be built as. They had very urban locations planned so they are close to big transport lines, shops, and park walkways, but a bit too urban for me - I prefer the suburbs. Some of the ones I've been looking at are close to bus lines, libraries, a shopping center with grocery stores and service stores (hair cuts, drugstores, dry cleaners, pet supplies, and small restaurants) in my favorite suburbs.

Anita
Old 04-26-21, 05:50 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a gorgeous day here. Didn't get outside much because it was also busy. I went to the grocery store first thing this morning and got a big load of groceries. Came home to unload and put away and then I had a tutoring session on Excel - one specific function and we applied it to his files. I cooked DH turkey burgers for lunch and then had a training session this afternoon in Excel. A new client just got a new job that starts in the latter part of May. During the interview process, they asked her if she used Excel and she said absolutely! (She never used it before.) So, I have a little over two weeks to turn her into an Excel user. This evening, we're just hanging out.

Anita - Yeah, people tend to prefer the type of environment they are used to. I'm a suburbs person, too, and have a hard time envisioning living in a city or the country/small town. I'm so used to having whatever services I want available to me.

Paula - Yeah, I chose the theme because I thought it was funny. I don't have any tatoos and have never wanted any. I don't get the current trend of covering so much of the body either.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-26-21, 08:09 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 1 and Tamilee's Standing Stretch. Just some house cleaning otherwise.

Anita, guess the three of us are alike in that we don't want a tatoo and prefer to live in the suburbs. Sounds like you are busy getting ready for Spring and for company.

Laura, I love your client, saying she has Excel experience (when she doesn't) and trying to acquire the skill asap. I hope it works for her.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 07:42 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yesterday I forgot to participate in the Spades game - went grocery shopping at that time of day instead. I got 2 phone calls and a friend stopped by the house to check if I was OK - geez! I'm embarrassed that something just went through my head and was forgotten .

Today will be a nice day, but still rainy. I'll walk Gus and will try to get the Bird of Paradise outside - it's the only plant left inside right now. Otherwise planning on putzing around some more.

Laura, hope you can help that client become an Excel pro! Not a good idea to lie about one's abilities though.... Yup, you're right - I'm staying suburban - not a heavy city dweller or a farm hand. I've had friends live in those areas, but my heart wouldn't be happy there. Right now, I count as living in the city, but I drive out to the suburban area to walk Gus and do my shopping errands. It's very similar to how I grew up as a kid also.

Paula, I'll enjoy having some friends stay with me Monday night - their house is being worked of getting a new furnace - lots of asbestos to deal with. I've known them a long time - she was Cosmo's dog sitter way back when and he grows orchids. They'll move on to stay with their kids, but one night with me. Frankly, life has been so lonely with Covid, I'm looking forward to their company - we're all vaccinated.

Anita
Old 04-27-21, 08:06 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Good morning. I slept like the dead last night and it felt good. This morning, I'll catch up on stuff around the house. This afternoon, I have an infusion. It's supposed to be a beautiful warm day here.

Anita - I hate it when that happens, and usually it's not so public. Have fun with your friends. It's nice of you to put them up and nice of them to give you some socialization...

Paula - Yeah, I hope it works for her. That's something I wouldn't do.

Laura's Workout Mantras: