Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-01-21, 07:41 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

ePilates Barre 2 Class - 30min
D&A Core Burner - 30min

As much as I like Emma, I thought this new Barre 2 class was somewhat uninspired. Maybe my barre standards and expectations have been elevated after doing Karen's barre workouts where she packs a lot of variety and creativity into her 30 minutes. Her workouts feel more like a total body barre rather than basically only arms and glutes. Emma did mention that it was very hot the day she was filming it and it seemed that she was struggling a bit so I'll cut her a break.

I wasn't looking forward to today's Core Burner because as much as I like working my abs/core, who wants to do it for the whole 30 minutes? Well, it actually wasn't too bad. Karen included a nice amount of bridges and some light weight, and my favorite part - back extensions that always feel great on my lower back. So all in all, maybe not my favorite workout of the set but certainly doable.

Linda, you're on for Insanity Freaky Friday! I'm debating if I'll be doing Dig Deeper and Fit test (30min) or if I go with Plyometric Cardio Circuit (40min). Do you have a preference or do you want to pick something else?

Waves to Carol, Donna, Christine, Brenda and Cheri!
Old 04-01-21, 08:42 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I had to go read 2lazy4gym reviews and I think I'd prefer to do the dig deeper fit test workout because it is the right length. I would probably opt to skip the last circuit when I do the Plyo cardio. As I tell my husband, "We're all out of hero trophies in the Shred Shed. "

Carol that's good advice. I'll probably also make sure my weights are light.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica Smith WS 1.0 - Prehab. So funny, when this set first came out I really couldn't see the value or point of this workout - it was too much for a rest day but not enough for a regular day - but now, how many years later - 4, 5? I see it has its purpose!

Trifecta Pilates - Core Small Ball Class - this was a short - 10 min - routine that uses a Pilates ball for instability. I enjoyed it. My subscription ends in a few days - i am probably going to cancel. I like the workouts and the calendar and all of that but it is pricey at $29/month and I'm in the middle of this WS 1.0 rotation that I am enjoying. If I were to do a Pilates focus - where Pilates was my main workout and everything else was a "side dish" I would probably stick with it - but right now I'm focusing on WS....and the price is too high for something I may add in 1-2 X per week. I swear, I think these instructors price themselves out of customers sometimes.

Carol - that workout sounds very good! I may consider re-subscribing at some point, there is a lot of new content since the last time I subscribed and it seems like they are offering workouts that aren't just the puke in the bucket variety.

Dana - I have Comcast as well. Knock wood, our service is reliable but what I hate is the pricing and how you really can't get a straight answer on anything out of them. Honestly, all we need is high speed internet, but the way they bundle things makes it hard to cancel other services w/out incurring more expense. It really is criminal, but we are also stuck w/ it as we have no other choice where we live.

Linda and Dana - good luck w/ Insanity!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 09:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dana I had to go read 2lazy4gym reviews and I think I'd prefer to do the dig deeper fit test workout because it is the right length.
Linda, dig deeper fit test it is! I intend to modify as I have no intention of killing myself.
Old 04-02-21, 06:26 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workout was

GHUTV - Fat Burning Cardio Walking - 20 minutes & 10 Minute total Body Stretch

This walking workout was led by Chris - it's a pretty fast pace, but not impossible. I don't think I had done it before, although it was an older walk and was supposed to be the Day 3 workout, but I flip-flopped my day because I got home late. The stretch was a nice one led by Leah.

Dana - Sounds like you felt about the same way about Core Burner as I did. I fully expected to hate it and to never do it again, but I didn't. It really wasn't bad. I love how Karen keeps switching up the exercises so that things don't become boring or impossible.

Dana & Linda - Good luck today with Insanity!

Donna - I know what you mean about Prehab. I didn't know quite what to think about it the first time I did it. I remember it wasn't what I was expecting and was a bit of a disappointment.

Waves to Brenda, Christine and Cheri!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 07:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica WS 1.0 - Interval Mix. Definitely not my favorite, but I made it through and I'm glad I did. I may do it again when it comes up in the rotation or I may do a sub. I'm just not a big fan of mountain climbers and all that stuff. Other than that the other exercises were fine.

Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc routine - this has become one of my favorite "PT" workouts from Jessica. It does seem to hit everything for back health.

Yesterday DD and I were prepared to walk, but it got really blustery, rainy and even a little snowy - so we skipped. I'm ok with it - I spent the day cleaning closets and drawers. I took Thursday, Friday and Monday off - so I got some stuff done!

Hope everyone has a good day today!

Walking is probably on the agenda even though it is chilly - it is bright and sunny.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 09:27 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

April's thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...54#post2919154

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith get strong