Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-24-21, 08:38 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Workout Hotel - Full Body Barre Workout - 25 minutes

I've done this one before - it's on YouTube. A fast paced, but not frantic, barre workout using weights, a ball, a loop band and gliders. Karen puts a ton of work in 25 minutes, yet it's not like some of Jessica Smith's workouts that I think will never end. The "music" is crappy, but it's a good workout - very efficient! I used my 5 lb dumbbells and my medium loop.

Dana - Glad your arm isn't hurting too bad!

Linda - Oh my goodness, Bust & Butt, I hadn't thought about that workout in years.

Donna - I can't take antihistamines in the late afternoon - I can take a 12 hour one in the morning, but any later than that, and I have trouble sleeping.

Got to go - the dog is calling me to the couch.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 08:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica's WS 1.0 Fusion Sculpt - is that what it is called?? Anyway, it is the fusion workout that came out w/ WS 1.0. It was a good one and a little more intense than I was expecting, but not in a bad way.

Unshaken Yoga - Gentle Morning Yoga

Tomorrow we are going on a college visit, so we are leaving the house early, if I can I am going to get my Jessica workout in first. I'm going to sub the 15 min walk and 15 min standing abs from the 30 Day Set for 360 Abs. I don't want to face that one early in the morning and before a long car ride. My DD is going to drive and that is going to make me nervous. We are going to a school that is 2.5 hours away and it is her first choice, so I think unless she changes her mind after this visit that will be where she ends up - at least to start.

Dana - I am not sure what I have going on, I never thought of reverse SAD. Maybe it just a confluence of a lot of stuff happening right now. I slept marginally better last night - but yesterday was a gray and rainy day - and so is today. Maybe it is the abrupt way that DST inserts extra daylight into our lives?

Carol - that sounds like an interesting workout!

Linda - wow - Bust & Butt - haven't thought about that one in ages! Are you doing the Caribbean Workout Pilates???

It is Cheri's B-day today - so Happy B'day!! I rarely ever notice the b'day listings, but for some reason today I did.

Waves, Christine and Brenda.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 03:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna hope the college visit goes well! And yes I think Beach pilates set I have was just a repackage of Caribbean pilates.

Carol my cat calls me to the couch too.

Today was Jessica smith feel good fusion flow fusion; CS #625 Abs, butt, back. Daughter joined with JS. It was cool waving our arms in unison, lol. I have more time this evening so I may do some yoga later.

Waves to Dana, Christine and Brenda!

Happy Friday Junior 😀!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 06:57 PM  
cherimac

Thanks, Donna. I miss checking in with you guys. I am celebrating my birthday by getting my first COVID shot tomorrow.

I am planning to start checking in again in April, even though they might be fly-bys.
Old 03-25-21, 08:05 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jenny Ford - Walk Across America: Utah - 26 minutes

I enjoyed this low impact cardio workout from Jenny. It wasn't too hard and I enjoyed looking at the scenery in Zion National Park.

Cheri - Happy Birthday! And happy first CoVid shot! Hopefully it won't be too bad for you.

Donna - That sounds like a big day! Karen's barre workout was a good one. She doesn't rep you to death like traditional barre workouts do, but you definitely know you've worked out when you finish. My inner thighs are really sore today - probably has to do with one of the glider exercises. I don't usually like exercises that use gliders, but I don't mind them too much if I get to hold onto my barre while doing them.

Linda - My son said that my dog kept going to the couch and looking at it sadly while I was working at the computer last night. We often sit there together at night for a bit and then watch the early news and go to bed.

Carol
Old 03-26-21, 07:42 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

D&A Barre Bootcamp. Second time around for this one and liked it even more!
JS Low Impact HIIT - 30min.

Happy belated birthday, Cheri! Good to see you back and yay for the Covid shot! I hope all is well with you.

Donna, how did your dd college visit go?

Carol, I'm going to have to try that WH Full Body Barre Workout. I'm not too fond of working with gliders either, but holding on to the barre will probably make a difference.

Linda, I think I have the 2-DVD set of Carribean Pilates. It was with Shelley McDonald, right? I enjoyed their earlier cardio and/or step workouts. I remember there was a guy there with them and he could move! He was very graceful and I liked to watch him. Now I feel like a dirty old woman.

Waves to everyone!
Old 03-26-21, 08:43 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana this is a four dvd set that a VFer gifted me. I had never seen it. If I had, I'm not sure I would have purchased because the cover gives no idea of the content or the instructor. The DVDs are led by either Shelley or Jen Tilley. My husband calls this my hippie workouts because the presentation is rather loosey goosey. They giggle and make mistakes on when to inhale. He has sat behind me and asked if the breaks are when they take a drink, lol. When I was younger this would have irked me. For some reason, since I know what to expect, I know when to use it. I use it when I need movement but am just feeling the need to hang out with friends and destress. Maybe it's covid and it makes me feel like I'm hanging out with my friends? Not sure but I know it's when I don't need intensity.

So I decided to do the Chi ball workout on the Beach pilates set. Lovely with the right ball. I started with my weighted 3# but it was too heavy for the movement. Used one of my balance pods and it was perfect. A pilates ball would work. Great destressing workout very flowy. Yes they were silly and Shelley had miscues on breathing. Honestly didn't matter.

Carol I see you picked up the Jenny Ford. I will probably pick those up too. Hoping they will be the first walking workouts that don't have me watching the clock. Also that pup story is adorable!

Cheri looking forward to seeing you whenever you have time in April.

Christine and Brenda miss you!!

Donna sending you rest vibes!!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 03-26-21, 09:17 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Linda, lol! I used to like their step and cardio and not only to watch that guy. In fact, I think I'll dig out my Carribean Workout DVDs and do some this week!
Old 03-27-21, 09:11 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Because I saw several shorter step workouts on YouTube that interested me - on Jenny Ford's channel and filmed outside - I thought I might should see what her step workouts were like before I tried one of her regular step videos. Not to mention that I hadn't done a step workout in eons, at least, not one that used an actual step. So I did

Jenny Ford - Learn to Step #1 - 26 minutes

This was something that even I would consider "basic" at least step-wise. She's just teaching steps in this video - there's no choreography involved really. It did get my heartrate up. That would make the cardiologist happy.

Dana - LOL - for digging out your Caribbean Workout DVDs! I really like Karen's Barre workouts - they may be my favorite barre workouts ever.

Linda - Yea, a drink or a hit off of a joint on those commercial breaks.

Donna - How did the college trip go?

Cheri - Hope your shot didn't make you too sore!

Carol
Old 03-27-21, 02:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

Lol Carol...you just may have something there. You didn't say whether you liked Jenny's step style? Or did you not see enough to judge?

Dana there are clips to some of your workouts , I think, in the intro. of my set.

I eased myself into my Kettlebell training with the last workout in the Beach pilates set: dance stretch. Funnily enough, it was the most serious. Jen Tilley never miscues. I continued my workout with get up practice week, some kettlebell strength drills, a Kettlebell tabata and some mobility to finish.

Happy Saturday wishes to everyone!!

Tags
jessica smith get strong