Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-21, 10:05 AM  
Mickey12

Merry Christmas Eve to all you Watulans! We got a little dusting of snow overnight and it looks nice and Christmas-ey out there.

I haven’t worked out all week because I’m battling a cold. I had a COVID test yesterday to make sure it was just a cold since we will be gathering with family today and tomorrow. I’m very thankful the test was negative.

I bought myself a bunch of workout DVDs for Christmas presents for my husband to give me and I’m excited to try some of them out.

ChelePA I love your mantra! We can all use that slogan.

Kate I’m with you - gotta love those muscled men! Ohh lala indeed.

Cataddict what a bummer you’re having pain. I hope you can work around it and get it to calm down.

Manley safe travels and enjoy your time with family.

I hope you all have a blessed Christmas my friends.
Old 12-24-21, 12:06 PM  
ChelePA

Kim…just the right amount of snow. Now it can melt away by tomorrow Glad you were negative for Covid. I read an article that said 50% of people with colds probably have Covid. We just had some family members cancel because they were exposed to others that tested positive. I really hate this virus.

Cataddict and Bee… hoping your pain is subsiding with the stretching and different exercises. I feel your frustration.

Kate…yay for a week off. You sound like you’re ready to tackle the garage. Maybe you could do mine afterwards

Horusosiris… sorry that you can’t get together with your family again this year. I’m definitely feeling the stress of trying to make the right decision.

Manleym…enjoy that sweet nephew

Im not a fan of Caroline’s warm-ups. I remember within 5 minutes doing jumping jacks and burpees. I need more time.

Nathalie, Kittybug, Vintage Vfer, FOLV…waving hi and hoping all is well.

Today I did a 20 minute low impact cycling class followed by a holiday party pilates class. It had some nice core work plus stretching and the music was perfect for Christmas Eve.

Now off to get ready for my family. Enjoy your day!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-21, 11:20 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas Eve!

Today I did CL #244 Low Impact Cardio Compound Training. It was relatively short, moved quickly, and I liked it. I followed it with more stretching/foam rolling/tennis balling massage.

Kim, sorry you have been fighting a cold but good that it's not COVID! Take care of yourself.

manleym, safe travels!

Chele, we must be doing different Caroline warm up or I just blocked out jumping jacks in it since I probably didn't do them. My recollection is that the warmups don't have any jumping in them? I don't use hers that much anyway since it's a separate segment so I could be mistaken.

Hugs and waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-21, 11:39 AM  
ChelePA

Hope everyone had a nice holiday if you celebrate. We spent lots of quality time with family. I definitely didn’t take enough breaks off my feet on Christmas Eve. So by Christmas day my ankle and leg were so swollen that I couldn’t even fit into pants that I normally can wear that have a little stretch to them. Yoga pants it was for Christmas. My poor husband tried to buy me some jeans and doesn’t realize that there’s no way that’s happening anytime soon. I probably put on 10 pounds since the accident and my right leg will take at least a year to heal.

Today I did a 45 minute holiday epic sing-along ride. It had some Christmas music but mostly just fun songs that you know really well. Like Jessie‘s Girl, Sweet Caroline, Brown Eyed Girl, It’s Raining Men…. You get the gist. Definitely need to ice and elevate this right leg today. My husband also bought me TED stockings. I know they’ll be helpful but boy it’s a tough pill to swallow.

Happy Sunday!
Old 12-26-21, 05:45 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Belated Merry Christmas, Watulans!

Quiet but busy Christmas with a long visit from daughter and grandsons. Got a late start at cooking our holiday dinner but still made it happen pretty quickly.

No workout except some walking yesterday and today was Cathe Live #187 Move It. I did a lot of modifications since I've still got some pain. It does seem to be getting better, not sure if it's because of time, easing off on workouts, the extra stretches/massages/foam rolling, or a combination of all of them. Funny thing, I sat down on the foam roller and the next thing I know, Olly has jumped on my lap and stretched out between my thighs and was in no hurry to move. So I started doing some rolling and he just purred and rolled along with me. Incidentally he has DOUBLED in size since we got him! He's now bigger than his sister at 7.4 pounds, and he's not 6 months old yet. However, his 6-pound full grown sister does not care about his increased size as she is still a match for him in our cat version of WWE.

Chele, so sorry your family time was marred by the painful aftermath! My DH had to wear compression socks for a while and it took some time for him to find the right amount of pressure that would help but not be too painful to wear. Your DH is so sweet and I'm sure he must struggle finding ways to help you plus losing his mother so recently. Sending plenty of hugs your way!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-21, 06:16 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Ones! Did we all survive Christmas? Kim, I hope you are feeling better -- a lot of that going around -- notCovid with the Covid, that is. And Chele, I hope you have recuperated from your big day of hosting. cataddict, how's your pain doing? I went to physical therapy this morning..... finally! I was supposed to have another appointment in a week and a half and they couldn't get me in until January 26. I wonder if more home exercising means more injured people? She didn't give me much to do -- just a couple of stretches and a couple of really easy movements/exercises. She did clear me for sort of light walking -- no steep inclines and not more than an hour. Well, she said "don't go right out and do an hour's walk" -- so maybe that means I can work up to it.

We had a nice Christmas. Crazy storm -- I was really worried we'd lose power and I'd have to be out in the rain using the grill, but it stayed on! In the midst of it we went to the beach so that my younger son and I could jump in the ocean. Did I already tell you this? I don't think so. I can send a picture in email if you like. On the drive home there was a stretch of the road near our house with snow -- none at our house, but theoretically we could get some this week. I won't hold my breath. Lots of rain though -- I think our drought problems are not nearly so dire at this point. Sheesh, I really sound like the old woman I am, talking about the weather and the dire drought. OMG. Who have I become?!

Waves and hugs to all. I hope those of us who have been working so hard in these last few months get/got a decent break from work!!
Old 12-27-21, 07:31 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict…love the story about Olly. Winston goes crazy when I exercise. Afraid he’ll get hurt near the bike or treadmill. So he’s on a separate floor.

Bee….wow….A little snow….exciting! I’m more a beach girl . Hoping the simple stretching helps. Sometimes I think we are more educated on how to fix the problem due to our many years of various types of exercise with multiple instructors.

I’m slowly increasing my speed on the treadmill for short 15-30 second intervals. Today I reached a speed of 2.1. Started at 1.5 last week. Also did a 20 minute cycling class as well as a 20 minute Peloton core class.
Old 12-27-21, 07:48 PM  
Mickey12

cataddict I love the story of Olly. It reminded me of your story of Watula hanging onto your barbell when you exercised. So cute how your cats get so involved with your workouts. I just love that!

This week is pretty slow at work and one of my coworkers who is semi retired brought his dog to work with him today. His name is Lucky and he’s a black lab. I got so excited to see him. Several of us commented how great it would be if we had a pet mascot at work every day.

I went for a walk at lunch and then did the standing abs workout from the Firm Zip Trainer set. I got this for Christmas. The workouts are short but they seem pretty good. I think I will like them.
Old 12-28-21, 12:46 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I forgot to mention Olly -- also loved the story. So interesting about their growth rates, too!

Kim, fun to have Lucky at work!!

Chele, you continue to make steady progress -- that's fantastic! And yes, I think the PT realized that I knew what she was talking about and was capable. So I think it worse comes to worse I can email her and she'll probably give me more to do before the next appointment. I forgot to ask her about the bike situation.

And, I forget to tell you guys I've been doing Caroline G's shorter upper body workouts -- really loving them! Even though she repeats, they are just no nonsense and so quick. I had to be pretty careful with bent over rows but beyond that, it's pretty doable for me (though not at her weights!). I agree with others about her warm ups -- not a fan so I do my own thing or some Cathe or whatever.
Old 12-28-21, 01:44 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi all!!! Christmas came and went so fast!

Manleym: thanks for the review links. I look at 2 Lazy's stuff a lot. It helps me too.

horusosiris: the garage was SO bad that it took us FOUR hours to clean it up. I had bags and bags of garbage. Found dead mice, squirrels...ugh! We actually have room to park our car now! Did that on Xmas Eve.

cataddict: ooh you guys are making it so tempting to try Caroline's workouts.

Kim: We are getting more snow now...all that means for me is shovelMax. I'm tired of snow and yet I live in MN. :-0

ChelePA: Not a week off, just a day off. Burpees are NOT a warmup move!

bee: we had snow, then a layer of ice, now more snow. Temps are up and down. Climate change?

Soooo...Xmas Eve was the 4 hours of garage cleaning.

Christmas was lovely! For the first time in many years, I was with BOTH my boys on Christmas Day. We've celebrated other days in the past so this was super nice. Grandkids were amazing as always! I didn't want to go home.

This week has been kind of a Tony Horton One on One rotation.
Mon I did Vol 3 Disk 10 Upper Body X plus half of ARX2. Lots of pushups, some weighted work, some band work. Goofy Tony.

Today I did Vol 2 Disk 11 On One Leg 4 Legs plus Vol 2 Disk 5 Butt & Belly I Dare you! Ohhhhh myyyyy! That was about 80 minutes of unweighted balancing leg work plus some core. Ow my butt! Amazing how no weights at all can really blast your legs and butt. The balancing was a huge factor. Burn!! Good stuff.

Tomorrow is a chemo day so I'll be gone all day. And the first CT scan since chemo started. Saying lots of prayers!

Take care all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in