Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-21, 12:56 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Wee....I'm on a roll checking in! Super fun Cathe Live today. I went back to #1. Although it started out a little shaky, it was lots of fun and a good workout. Mixing kickboxing, some hiit, some metabolic and regular strength moves. All around total body good stuff. Of course abs at the end.

I don't know that I'll do them in order, but I think I'll work my way from old to new.

Hope you're all doing well!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 02:27 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Wee....I'm on a roll checking in! Super fun Cathe Live today. I went back to #1. Although it started out a little shaky, it was lots of fun and a good workout. Mixing kickboxing, some hiit, some metabolic and regular strength moves. All around total body good stuff. Of course abs at the end.

I don't know that I'll do them in order, but I think I'll work my way from old to new.

Hope you're all doing well!
That class sounds perfect for me. I love variety! The last two days I’ve done my 30 minute cycling classes with short chair cardio and then longer stretches afterwards. The more I move the more pain I have along my scars/surgical areas. The therapist wanted me to double check with the doctor and make sure it’s not a hardware issue. I think it’s a buildup of scar tissue Plus decreased range of motion for so long. It’s amazing the different muscles I’m using in my foot and ankle now that I’m trying to walk without the cane. I definitely was not doing heel to toe because of the decreased range of motion and balance issues. My ankle and front foot /toe area really feel it today.

I’m sure everybody’s catching up with the holidays. Kate and I are keeping our group active the last few days.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 04:12 PM  
manleym

Thanks for keeping us going Kate and ChelePA! We are back from Florida - had a great trip but drove 17 hours on Sunday, so we were wiped when we got in. Took Monday off to do laundry, grocery store, etc. then back at work Tuesday. Gotta say that sitting in a truck for 17 hours have resulted in a bruised tailbone! However, I do remember a couple of really hard falls in the past where I think I broke my tailbone, so sitting long periods of time really makes it hurt.

I hope everyone had a great week last week and is having a good week so far! I hope to catch up on posts soon.

Workouts:
Monday - Caroline Girvan Day 30 of EPIC Intense No Jumping EMOM Full Body HIIT Workout + Day 40 of EPIC 30 Min BURNNNNNN Hiit Workout With Dumbbells No Jumping. Both are GREAT workouts, but I did feel the pain of my tailbone on the first workout because the first section is core work on the floor (think Cathe's ankle grabbers, etc) of doing 3 core moves as fast as you can. 2nd workout was a great metabolic workout and the two workouts worked well together.

Tuesday - Travis Eliot 30min. Power Yoga "Full Body Flow" (really needed to stretch out) + CDornerFitness 30 Minute Basic to Intermediate Step Aerobics Workout Video With Great music! + Studio Ross Hi/Lo Step Cardio Combo CD's workout was a good warm up to Amy's. If I did it again I would add more risers to increase the intensity. Amy's workout was a really good steady state step. Choreography wasn't too difficult, which I liked since I was doing this workout on the fly. She does cue on the move, so no advance cueing, which I think is typical of her style. I've liked the 2 Studio Ross workouts of hers that I've done on YT.

Wednesday - Jessica Smith Stepping Strength. This is a new dvd for me and I liked it but it wasn't tough or high energy. And that's not a bad thing - just an observation. I liked the slow, controlled moves and would use this as as a recovery or light day. Also did a Five Parks Yoga twist workout. Needing these to work out the kinks.

Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 12:32 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi all!!! I'm really trying to take the time to check in. It's good for me to share my thoughts and I love reading about all your activities!

ChelePA: I'm so sorry that the healing is so slow. The only thing I can think of recommending is just keep stretching and regaining mobility. Of course whatever your therapist can suggest. Hang in there...slow and steady wins the race.

manleym: A few years ago, hubby and I drove from MN to ID. It was a lovely trip and so much to see, especially MT. But it was a lot of driving in our pickup truck. So we dubbed the feeling as having "truck butt". When you're so sore and stiff from sitting in a vehicle so long.

Today was Cathe Live #2 Step HiiT and Upper Body. Weeee. Very basic step choreo but plenty of intensity. 65 minutes long with the first half all step cardio, 2nd half all weights and then core. The weight work was good and I went heavier as I tend to do.

So that was all Cathe Live all week for me. Not really in a rut but I feel like I should add other things in too. Sticking with Cathe so much is pretty telling for me as I seem to get exercise ADD and have to move on to something else. I guess Cathe's workouts give me the challenge and variety because I'm not bored with it yet.

TGIF and have a great weekend everyone!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 02:59 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All and TGIF.

Chel and Kate -thanks for keeping things going.

I was asked, did I liked the movie King Richard. Well, most of the time that I think about the movie, I like it. There were parts that I definitely found troubling. I do not want to be a spoiler, so I will wait until you have seen it.

Manelym- I feel that way about most of Jessica's workouts. I am glad that you enjoyed your Florida trip. 17 hours sitting in a truck is tough!

Kate- Too much CL and you will probably burn out and after a while one CL workout will seem like another.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 03:55 PM  
manleym

TFIF indeed!!

Did any CL folks do her Slam HiiT workout yesterday?

I thought it was a good workout, because like Cathe said, she hasn't done alot of HiiT Lives recently (understandably with her eye issue), so it seemed hard. I've noticed lately that high intensity cardio is seeming harder than it used to. I also did #83 Crush It Low Impact before Slam-HiiT, and loved it! This one just flew! I felt like I got great cardio workout doing both of them together.

I think I'm going to focus on metabolic workouts next week. I've noticed recently that my pants seem to be feeling tighter. I'm not so concerned about weight but comfort. Don't like jean prints on my legs. I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with my eating habits recently, but it all due to Caroline's (and others) workouts.

Hope everyone is doing well!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 09:31 PM  
Mickey12

Hey my Watulan friends,

Just a quick post. We’re having a good time in WDW but the Christmas decorations are less plentiful this year which is disappointing. They always did everything BIG and Christmas was so extra beautiful. Today we did a lot of walking. My Fitbit tracked 21,000 steps or 9.1 miles. My feet are pretty sore! Tomorrow shouldn’t be as many steps since it will be a short park day. We are seeing a Cirque du Soleil show tomorrow night. Looking forward to that.
Old 12-03-21, 10:51 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Hey my Watulan friends,

Just a quick post. We’re having a good time in WDW but the Christmas decorations are less plentiful this year which is disappointing. They always did everything BIG and Christmas was so extra beautiful. Today we did a lot of walking. My Fitbit tracked 21,000 steps or 9.1 miles. My feet are pretty sore! Tomorrow shouldn’t be as many steps since it will be a short park day. We are seeing a Cirque du Soleil show tomorrow night. Looking forward to that.
Wow! You’re really getting some mileage at the parks. That sounds like so much fun! Enjoy the show!

Kate… until I joined this board, I rarely did anything but Cathe workouts once I discovered her. Covid also opened my eyes to many YouTube channels that I enjoy. But Cathe is still my favorite.

Horusosiris… I saw an article about the movie. It was talking about his older daughter and how he abandoned his first family. I didn’t realize he had been married with other children.

Manleym… I prefer metabolic workouts if I’m going to use weights… of course heavier weights has slowly grown on me. But still not a favorite.

I think I mentioned that my mother-in-law was having ups and downs with her health. She passed away last night. My husband visited her the day prior and she literally talked for seven hours nonstop. She’s always been a great storyteller. I’m so glad he had that special time with her. This morning I was trying to decide on what class to take. Somewhat tired because we were on zoom with the family all night. It’s strange how these things happen but I chose a workout where the instructor just had someone close to her die. It was quite an emotional ride. Afterwards I decided to try Cathe’s mobility workout. I remember when I first did this one, I was able to do all the moves exactly like Cathe. What an eye-opener. I’m probably 25 percent of where I was. Of course I didn’t expect to have the same mobility. But wow this is definitely one I can grow with. It’s doable versus some of the yoga workouts.

My therapist thinks only one more month of PT. Unless I have questions or concerns. She said it’s basically up to me to follow through with everything she has taught me. Seems so strange to not even be close to my previous abilities. But I guess that’s what my home exercise program is for. I saw where Tiger Woods talked about doing therapy 2 to 3 hours per day. I could never afford that. My monthly bill is already outrageous for 45 minute sessions 2x per week.

Hoping all is well with the rest of the gang. Looking forward to some updates. Have a nice night!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 01:17 PM  
horusosiris

Chel- So sorry for your loss. Your DH, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad that your husband spent several hours with her prior to her death. It seems as though she had quite a bit to say to him prior to her transition. I hope those seven hours were filled with special memories that will sustain him during this difficult time.

Wow! One more month of PT- You are progressing. I know that it can be discouraging sometimes and sometimes you are down. Vent whenever you feel the need to. Catharsis is good for the soul.

Mickey -you are having a ball at the parks!

Manelym-I have Slam Hiit on tap for tomorrow.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 06:04 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Chele, I'm sorry about your MIL. Please pass on our condolences to your family. Very sweet that your husband had that time with her. Sounds like she was a very interesting woman and I'm sure you all will be repeating her stories and telling stories about her for a long time to come.

Sounds to me like you're a little apprehensive of being without the PT? Seems like the medical system does not have great support for recovering patients of any sort. It is incredibly expensive to do PT. I have a feeling I'm headed that way for my butt. It's getting worse, so I need to do something. I have been thinking that I need to do some Caroline Jordan chair videos for a while.

Kim, wow, it sounds like you're having a great time but a bummer about the decorations. I wonder if they had trouble finding staff to actually put everything up? I'm sure they must own all that stuff and just have it stored somewhere. I definitely want to hear about that Cirque du Soleil show -- how fun!!

manleym, that slam hiit sounds good, but it may have to wait for me. I'll probably check it out and see if I could manage it or not. You've probably seen that Caroline (Girvan) has shorter workouts for December? They look intriguing to me, too!

horusosiris, thanks for not spoiling the King Richard movie for us.

Kate, I like your idea of going back to the beginning of the Cathe Lives. I may try that when I can, but as you sort of hinted at, I reserve the right to skip around.

It is so crazy to realize it's December! We had a stretch of crazy "good" weather. I put it in quotes because I'm really done with that kind of weather and want winter. I shouldn't whine about that, I know, but it just feels terribly wrong and I fear our fire season will start in February this year!

So, I haven't been doing much. Tried a couple of days of the Xtrain cardio & strength rotation. Really like the looks of it, but I think it was a big mistake for me to go ahead with Legs -- even heavily modified. I've been a mess since that. I've been doing some classical stretch because doing it gently seemed to be movement that helps. Today I did nothing. As I mentioned to Chele, I think I'm headed to PT. We'll see.

Hope everyone is doing well. How are the new kitties, cataddict? My piano teacher brought her four month old puppy to lessons this week. Henry. He's so darn cute!

Tags
watulan check-in