Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-22, 12:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Great thread! I started doing this last year because of fanofladyvols! Tenacity was my word last year and oddly enough, by the end of the year, I started hearing how "tenacious" I was from someone I began working with at the beginning of last year.

This year, after much deliberation, I have chosen 'courage' as my word. I was toying with the idea of 'surrender' as in going with the flow rather than struggling, but I realized that wasn't quite the mark. I also toyed with the idea of 'self-worth' or 'self-value,' but to make the changes I think would reflect in feeling more of those things, I need courage. And that's for all aspects of my life. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I agree with Bee, ChelePA, you are one of the most determined people I know!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 12:08 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Do you DO anything with your word once you've chosen it?

I tend to do some journaling around it - both defining what I mean by the word and planning how I want to manifest it in my life. Sometimes, I do something creative I can sit out and see (to remind me about my word).
I like to journal around it, too. It really affects so many areas of my life.
I like to include it on my meditation and prayer.
I also have a bracelet with ODAAT. One day at a time and this helps me remember and look for daily insights.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 12:41 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Love your new avatar, Alta! I haven't chosen a word before. I'll have to think about it. Patience came immediately to mind, though.
Patience is the word that first came to mind for me too, although I have a long, long way to go to achieve it. I'm not sure it's possible for me, but I am willing to try.

I've never chosen a word before so this would also be a new thing.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 12:55 PM  
MoFirmer

I've been picking a word a year since 2009. I was going through breast cancer and a dear family member gave me a journal and told me.... Pick one word to define your year. I picked a word Present... to be present in everything that went on that year. I have picked a word every year since then. My word(s) this year are totally committed.
Old 01-02-22, 03:51 PM  
warriorprincess

I have never picked a word, but I like the idea. My word is Fluent. I've spent a lot of time on Duolingo learning Spanish the last few months, and I have quite a few Spanish speaking friends, so this is one of my goals this year. But it can also apply to my ballet aspirations.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 04:17 PM  
lingo10

Main Character as a phrase probably

Strength and Gratefulness are my 2022 words.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 05:42 PM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
If I could pick two words for 2022 they would be JOY and ORGANIZATION. I seem to have been bereft of both in 2021.
Bubbles,
This made me so sad upon reading. Your posts are always such a beacon of light, upbeat and cheery, teeming with happiness and optimism. Sometimes I swear I can actually feel sweetness after reading something you've written.

And if the way you are on VF is any indication, I can only imagine all the joy that you bring to those around you. So there was such a depth of sadness when I read that 2021 had been devoid of any joy for you.

I hope that changes for you this year and that the words you have chosen will manifest for you. {{Bubbles!}}
Old 01-02-22, 05:51 PM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
This really resonated with me, and I hope you don't mind me adopting your word, Abbe.

I also feel like STRENGTH is something that I have needed recently and will continue to be a necessity this year -- on all levels and in all aspects -- so I will need to couple it with ACCEPTANCE.
Okay, yes I know that I am quoting myself , but I only do so to highlight how much of a flake I am.

I think I already want to rescind both of my words. I, CLEARLY, did not think long or hard enough on either one. Last night, both felt like they applied. Today, I feel like neither one of them does.

I've never chosen a word before, but I loved the idea and felt like this year I could really use the power it could bring me.

I know this is life altering for all of you so I will just keep you updated as soon as I settle on something.
(Maybe RESOLUTE should be the new one. )
Old 01-02-22, 07:29 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Wow. Thanks for all the great ideas and motivation with this.

I have fallen away from some of my better habits in 2021 and I want to get back to them. So, I thought about the word STRUCTURE, but I was afraid I'd lose some of the good things that came from my word in 2021 - FLOW. And I don't want to be highly structured.

So now, I'm considering more of a phrase or concept than a word: The Next Right Thing. This is what I'm thinking:

Rather than a life plan, a clear vision, or a five-year list of goals, look at what to do next—and only next. I can be addicted to clarity and plans and with my husband's health issues, I really need to roll with the punches every day. So instead of absolute plans, I want to consider what it means for me to do the next right thing now, today. Not the next big thing. Not the next impressive thing. Just the next right thing in front of me.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 10:23 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Wow. Thanks for all the great ideas and motivation with this.

So now, I'm considering more of a phrase or concept than a word: The Next Right Thing.
Oh, no no no no no. You can't change the rules now! Some of us have been wracking our brains trying to find the right word

Tags
goals, new year goals, word for the year