Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-21, 08:44 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
In other through threads through the years, I have always maintained that steady state cardio and moderate strength led to my best level of fitness. I haven't lost any strength or cardio capacity. Occasionally, I do a more intense workout for fun and I actually perform better now because I don't beat myself up on a regular basis and my muscles recover. I do Pahla, Jessica, Leslie workouts the most.
I have to admit, I've had to dial it down the past couple of years. I've always done mostly Jessica, and her workouts were the right intensity in the past. I did her older you tube workouts, and they are hard for me now. And I used to do them with no problem! I'm currently doing Lift and Shift, and I can only manage two of the strength workouts per week. I've tried twice now to do the full schedule, and it just wears me out. I can't do it, and also do things like housework and yard work. Maybe if I had a cleaning service and a landscaper, lol.

I think Pahla has a lot of great information. I appreciate her thoughts on menopause and intensity. Her channel is a good one for older women who are intimidated by the harder workout channels. I think it's good she has that level, to encourage women that they can exercise.

Tags
appetite, lowering intensity, moderate intensity, over 50, pahla bowers, successful weight loss