Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-21, 11:18 AM  
Cher

I just finished doing Fine Toning. This one is done barefoot and is only 31 minutes. This is totally different from the Total Body Strength workout. This one is all done with light weights. I was expecting this do be on the easier side but it again was harder than I thought. Not like anything I normally do. I don’t really know how to explain. (I’m more of a straight just lift weights type of workout person). It works more of like maybe your stabilizing muscles??? I normally don’t do Pilates or Barre stuff so I’m not sure if this was similar to that or not. It had some balance stuff, some shoulder rotation exercises, a few weighted clam shells, frog heel presses, things along that line. So many more exercises though. She crammed a lot of exercises into the 31 minutes in my opinion. I know, I’m not much help to you all on this one. Maybe someone else will chim in when they try it and give a better description. It just made me realize that I probably should be doing a little more of this type of workout because some of the exercises were kind of hard for me.

As far as the music, I don’t even remember it. I was concentrating to hard with trying to do the exercises.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 11:33 AM  
bfit

Forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been covered before. These are not DVDs, right?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 11:58 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
Forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been covered before. These are not DVDs, right?
Unfortunately, no. Jessica was unable to do so because of Covid and so many businesses being shut down.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 12:17 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Total Body Circuit [Primary Moves] 54 Minutes, notes:

3 circuits, each containing 2 repeating sets. The sets concentrate on:

Movement Pattern 1 Bend and Lift
Movement Pattern 2 Single Leg Moves (balance)
Movement Pattern 3 Push
Movement Pattern 4 Pull
Movement Pattern 5 Rotation

The warmup incorporates the 5 movement patterns using a resistance band.

Timestamps per preview:

Circuit 1 Round 1 4:30
Circuit 1 Round 2 12:10
Circuit 2 Round 1 19:05
Circuit 2 Round 2 20:20
Circuit 3 Round 1 38:50
Circuit 3 Round 2 46:50

Extremely short cooldown and stretch, as with other strength workouts in this series. A separate 5 minute bonus stretch is included, plus there are the shorter mobility workouts
Old 03-06-21, 12:49 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

These sound really good and I liked the clip she provided. I think Jessica is very knowledgeable and it seems like she moves at a controlled pace in these. I'm still trying to see if I can make the $$ happen before the 14th, but all of the reviews so far are definitely pushing me towards buying, despite any reservations I have about these not being DVDs.
Old 03-06-21, 01:22 PM  
rhbrand

You all are really enabling me!

I wasn't that interested but man, these sound so good. I might crack by around the 13th lol
Old 03-06-21, 01:37 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
These sound really good and I liked the clip she provided. I think Jessica is very knowledgeable and it seems like she moves at a controlled pace in these. I'm still trying to see if I can make the $$ happen before the 14th, but all of the reviews so far are definitely pushing me towards buying, despite any reservations I have about these not being DVDs.
Where can I find this clip?
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 02:00 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Jessica keeps a very controlled pace during these workouts.

High-Intensity Interval Resistance Training [HIIRT] 52 minutes,notes:

(NOTE: I was multi-tasking during preview….will need to add a few more breakdowns, but want to share what I have since I may be away from my laptop the rest of the day)

There are 5 sets of exercises. Each round repeats twice within the set

Timestamps per preview

Set 1 Round 1: 5:00
Set 1 Round 2: 9:50
Set 2 Round 1: 14:15
Set 2 Round 2: 18:55
Set 3 Round 3: 23:28
Set 4 Round 1 (?): 34:40
Set 4 Round 2 (?)
Set 5 Round 1 44:50
Set 5 Round 2 48:42

Each round finishes with a metabolic finisher

Extremely short cooldown and stretch, as with other strength workouts in this series. A separate 5 minute bonus stretch is included, plus there are the shorter mobility workouts. Balance work is included.

I am happily a low-intermediate to immediate level exerciser, and this workout looks *hard*. Jessica said she could not finish it the first time through, but to do the best we can. She shows modifications via short inset screen videos.
Old 03-06-21, 02:02 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Where can I find this clip?
In Jessica's original announcement: https://www.liftandshift.us/
Old 03-06-21, 02:06 PM  
Leonana

I did Total Body Strength Compound Supersets yesterday. I'm probably low intermediate.

I stopped after the first 30 minutes, just to see how my body reacts. I feel pretty good today, I think I could have pressed on. I used 5, 8 and 10 pounds. I think I could have upped my weights to 12 pounds for the single dumbbell move. I liked it, it was challenging for me. I was pretty sweaty by the time I finished.

My biggest problem was my feet slipping off of the sliders. I have those Weider sliders from Walmart, and I have carpet. I was bare footed, but I need to wear my tennis shoes, so my feet will stick to them.

Tags
eccentric weight training, jessica smith, jessica smith get strong, jessica smith strength, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews, purple player, streaming reviews, streaming workouts, strength rotation