Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-26-22, 09:10 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I find there is a ton of forward leaning work in this set. My low back does not like it, even in small doses. Honestly, I was disappointed.

Carol
Thanks for the confirmation. I’m very mindful of my lower back these days. Getting old sometimes sucks, lol.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 01:02 PM  
Floren

Fusion Flow & Glow and "Core Strength & Stretch"

For me, one surprise winner is “Core Strength and Stretch” on the Fusion dvd !

“Core Strength and Stretch” feels therapeutic - foundational moves and mobility. Combo of things: gentle mobility, gets into lower abs well, a lot of shoulder mobility, easy pilates, stretching throughout, and even has moves similar to the famous Winsor Buns and Thighs. Aaahhhhhh. My shoulders especially felt good after the shoulder mobility work with the gliders. Nothing is hard, or goes on too long to be difficult.

This may be my favorite of any of her gentle core and mobility work. It's not killer core work, but it's very effective. I don’t really enjoy working my core but I loved this one!
This one alone is well worth the price of the dvd, imho.

ETA: came back next morning to say that I feel it in my hamstrings and abs today. This was a sneaky workout, I didn’t realize how well these muscles got worked.

“Fusion Flow Sculpt”, I also tried and liked this one. It was flowy, all standing, and lower body felt good. Uses 1 glider. Includes some good balance work.

“Full Body Flow”, it was ok but not what I expected, and so many gliding planks. Uses 2 gliders. This first workout on Fusion dvd may not be a hit, but there are three other good ones on the dvd.

Bonus “Pilates Ball Core”, haven’t tried this yet, but core work with the little ball is always good, and helps me to hit the right core muscles.
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 03:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Of the two workouts I tried from Fusion Flow and Glow, I liked Sculpt better than Full Body Flow, because of the number of planks, etc. I have not done Pilates Ball Core yet or Core Strength and Stretch.

I like gliding workouts, as long as it's not gliding non-stop. The few exercises that Jessica offers on this DVD has some nice variety, and as I already stated up-thread it's not too much, though I'm not thrilled with planks whenever they appear.

If you're someone who likes gliding, you might like this. If you have problem knees, I wouldn't suggest it. People will always have mixed feelings on Fusion workouts, in general. Typically they're easier than strength or cardio workouts, but there may not be enough reps of any one thing to please everyone for someone who will wonder where this fits in their fitness regiment.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 03:51 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

I did the Core Stretch and Strength workout today and it was a winner! Pretty much everything Floren said.

I haven't tried the Bonus core workout on this DVD yet.

Out of the two standing workouts I like the Sculpt one better - the "Flow" one had too many planks and I also don't like using both gliders.

I did not use gliders for the Core Stretch and Strength and did have to modify somewhat - but it can easily be done w/out the gliders if you are not a fan of them.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 04:53 PM  
alisoncooks

Y’all know how to bring me back in.

So, does anyone watch this digitally on a smart tv? I can’t be bothered with dvds these days, but anything that’s an easy click has my attention. Is it like an app or easily accessed on a smart tv?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 07:38 PM  
bjones

I agree the Core strength and stretch is great. I also like the Pilates ball work. So the Fusion DVD will get some use!
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-22, 10:32 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Y’all know how to bring me back in.

So, does anyone watch this digitally on a smart tv? I can’t be bothered with dvds these days, but anything that’s an easy click has my attention. Is it like an app or easily accessed on a smart tv?
It’s on Purple Play. I find it easy to use on my Roku or iPhone. It can be used on a Smart tv. The devices are shown at the bottom of the page.

https://go.platformpurple.com/
Old 06-27-22, 10:53 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

2Lazy4Gym is starting to post her wonderfully detailed reviews of these dvds.
Old 06-27-22, 08:02 PM  
bjones

I did Circuit 38 min today. I really liked it! It wasn't repetitive feeling at all, because you did the repeat on the other side so it is working your body differently. The last floor segment had no repeat. I used light weights because I've decided to use Jess' workouts for a more of a light day. I have so many Cathe workouts that I love that are tough- I really don't want to lift heavy enough to make these hard also. So I'm glad I've found a niche for them. I felt like every inch of my body was worked but in a gentle way.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 09:18 AM  
dianestjohn

I did the Upper Body split yesterday and LOVED it. It moved smoothly and efficiently and had lots of upper back extension work which is so rare and which I need so much. Beautiful set, very effective. I used 5s and 12s and was challenged in a perfect way, I felt happy and energized when it was over and could also feel the work during the workout. Also did the ab/core split and liked it. Looking forward to trying the rest of these!
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, strong + centered, strong + centered reviews, strong+centered series