Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-20-14, 11:20 PM  
moonbeam31

anyone know who the guy is in the Strength and Stretch in Motion dvds?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 01:41 AM  
lovinglove

Hi,

I am new to this forum, at least when it comes to being active here...I have been reader for quite some time...

Thanks to this topic I found out about Essentrics TV and had to buy it, because I wanted to try out the new Essentrics workout...

I have never tried Classical Stretch before and would like to try it out - but I just don't know how it is supposed to be used?...I am simply overwhelmed by the amount of episodes...Should I do one daily and always a different one?...sorry for the silly question, but I just feel lost if I don't have a idea how a workout-series is supposed to be used...

I am from Germany, so forgive me if my English isn't perfect, but I hope you can still understand what I mean...

Aljona
lovinglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 07:04 AM  
starbelly

moonbeam-- In the credits he is listed as Pier-Luc Dallaire and Sahra says that he is an Essentrics instructor "and has just graduated from business school". He is still listed at an instructor at the studio in Montreal.

Alonja-- I think that Essentrics is a better place to start since Sahra gives better instructions than Miranda. Once you get the hang of it, you can use them however you like. I typically use them as add-ons either to warm up for something else or to stretch after another workout. I really like the Strength & Stretch DVD; it has 4 workouts of 25 minutes each and give you a good overview of what to expect in Essentrics/CS. Class of 2012 is also a favorite and has standing, floor and barre sections. I haven't seen the new series yet, but I do have the Barre workout (not at all like Lotte Berk style barre). That has a brief standing section, floor toning & stretch and barre toning & stretch. The cuing is also good in that one.

Miranda has the habit of getting involved in a stream of consciousness thing and doesn't explain what she is doing and misses counts, etc. Sahra is much more on point when teaching.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 07:56 AM  
lovinglove

Starbelly thank you!..I already have most of the Essentrics DVDs and really like those, even though I don't do them on a regular basis...

I purchased the Essentrics TV for one month, because I wanted to try Sahras new DVD...Essentrics TV also has the complete Classical Stretch Season 9 & 10, and I thought I should try those as well, just didn't know where to start ...I really like the fact that the episodes are so short...So I guess I will those as add ons or maybe as a morning workout to loosen up my morning stiffness...
lovinglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 09:42 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Welcome, Aljona. Your English is perfect - much better than my German.

I started with Season 8 of Classical Stretch, which isn't available on Essentrics TV yet. I did one episode a day, 5 days a week, beginning with episode #1 and working my way through. That was perfect for me at the time. Since then I've used CS several different ways - after cardio, alternating with yoga, and as a lunch hour stress reliever. I don't think there is a wrong way to use CS/Essentrics.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 10:16 AM  
starbelly

Alonja-- I have the second half of season 6 and all of season 8 so I cannot offer advice about what is on Essentrics TV. I have heard (well, read on here) that season 10 is the toughest season of all. I must say that I find the variety on a CS season almost too much. Since there are so few Essentrics videos I know all of them well, but wading into a CS season brings too many unknowns. I make a little chart for each season and then evaluate each workout which helps me know which ones to return to. Still, I prefer Sahra's teaching method so I reach for Essentrics on a weekly basis and CS only every once in a while.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 10:57 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
I make a little chart for each season and then evaluate each workout which helps me know which ones to return to.
I keep a notebook on all the episodes. That way I can mark favorites (or ones I didn't like). I also have started taking note of intensity, if an episode targets back, neck, hip pain or whatever strikes me.

I would agree that there's no "wrong way" to use CS/Essentrics. Some people use it as a stand alone, some for recovery or a good stretch. It's a wonderful program and I'd encourage you to dabble in it a bit.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 11:39 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I keep a notebook on all the episodes. That way I can mark favorites (or ones I didn't like). I also have started taking note of intensity, if an episode targets back, neck, hip pain or whatever strikes me.

I would agree that there's no "wrong way" to use CS/Essentrics. Some people use it as a stand alone, some for recovery or a good stretch. It's a wonderful program and I'd encourage you to dabble in it a bit.

Jackie
Jackie - I know you pre-ordered, but is there any shipping date yet?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 12:36 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Jackie - I know you pre-ordered, but is there any shipping date yet?
Sadly, no . I called them last week and they told me two weeks. I'm hoping they have the dvd on their website next week to order online.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 12:42 PM  
zellybelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Sadly, no . I called them last week and they told me two weeks. I'm hoping they have the dvd on their website next week to order online.

Jackie
This sounds so good, I can't wait!

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, sahra esmonde-white, the esmonde technique