Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-02, 08:42 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Back Pain Relief is great!

I just did Back Pain Relief and really liked both sections. The first section is on the floor and is about 12 minutes. The second section uses a chair and is some seated, some standing stretches and is also about 12 minutes. She assumes you are having back pain - she talks about how back pain has been a part of her life for a long time and that she does these exercises frequently. Most of the exercises remind me of yoga but with some subtle differences. There is child's pose, cat's stretch, a modified downward dog, and several others. I'll be doing this one a lot when I have back pain (which, like her, is frequent).

Martha - I do have the 1-hour tape. Here's the description on the back: "The workout is split into three segments. 1. We begin with center work, which will release back tension, improve posture, thin your waist, arms and hips and strengthen your balance. 2. Then grab a chair for a deep hamstring stretch. After that, we'll firm up your butt and strengthen your hips. 3. Lastly, we go to the floor where you will also strengthen and flatten your stomach and release overall tension in your body."

I like this one a little better than the first, although I like them both. They are similar in that they have a variety of her usual exercises, but somehow I like the flow of the second one better.

Janet - you'll have to let us know how the teacher training is if you're able to go.
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-02, 08:59 PM  
Julier
VF Supporter

Thanks Karen

They sound really good. I was also thinking about getting the original one but from what you say, it sounds like the 4 pack will do the trick instead. I'm looking forward to the athlete's tape.
Julier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-02, 08:41 AM  
Messe

Thanks from me too, Karen

I actually did the Arms & Abs workout last night and previewed the others. Although I don't really have chronic back pain, I do get achy and tight after a day in the office, and I'm sure that both the back pain and stress release workouts will help me unkink. And I suspect I'll be ordering the 1-hour video before the day is over.... :rolleyes:

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-02, 05:11 PM  
Julier
VF Supporter

How long

did it take to receive them? I just ordered today. Martha - you said you did the Arm tape - was it really good?
Julier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch