Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-06-21, 03:11 AM  
Nelly G

Poll/ Classical Stretch

I wanted to post a poll about Classical Strech but the Poll does not work anymore.

Insteas of posting there I will ask the question here.

Which Season do you like and why. What do you notice feel after using the workout. Do you have a favourite season or more then one.
Season 8 - Age Defying Series
Season 9 - Weight Loss and Pain-Relief Series
Season 10 - Strength and Flexibility
Season 11 - Full Body Mobility
Season 12 - Aging Backwards
Season 13 - Core Strengthening Series

I only listed the seasons you can still buy at Classical Stretch because I like to hear your opinions because there will be sale in November/ December.

I decided that I have enough Qi Gong dvds butI am interested in Season 8, 9 and 13 because I discovered I am getting older and short workouts like Classical Strech are maybe beneficial for my body. Please let me know what you think. I have season 6 and 7. Thanks

Thanks
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 10:31 AM  
anetta

No help at all here but I like them all, but I think if I chose one it would be Season 10, it seems more advanced to me-JMO.

Can you stream ETV? That way you could try them all.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 11:04 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I haven’t done any of the seasons for ages. I have all but 4 & 13. I have an ETV subscription and I do the newer Essentrics workouts, especially the live workouts. If I was going to buy one, I’d likely chose 12. I find the method has evolved a lot over the years so I’d go for a newer one. But that’s just me, I learn a lot from the newer workouts, they give me lots of ideas for cuing & imagery in my classes as I teach it 2-3 times a week. I love Essentrics, leaves me feeling loose & limber. As well as teaching, I do a 30 min workout on ETV about twice a week.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 11:28 AM  
Izzy

I tend to be the lone duck in that I prefer the older seasons to the newer ones.

I would prefer 8, 9 and 10 over the 11-13. 7, 8 and 9 are my favorites.
Old 11-06-21, 12:11 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'd probably go for the streaming rather than buy the seasons. IMHO, the exclusive content and live workouts are so much better.

I'd have a hard time picking a season to purchase. I have some favorites from all of them.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 02:09 PM  
Nelly G

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I'd probably go for the streaming rather than buy the seasons. IMHO, the exclusive content and live workouts are so much better.

I'd have a hard time picking a season to purchase. I have some favorites from all of them.
Thanks for your advice but streaming is not for me. I can only see it on my small ipad. With a dvd I can see it on a bigger screen which is a lot better. If pay each month I feel obligated to do a workout then when I have bought a season I feel not obligated and do sooner a Classical Stretch workout. It is silly but I do not know how to change that. Also I like to do different kind of workouts.
So yes I rather buy some seasons while they are still available.
Old 11-06-21, 04:01 PM  
DCW

Have you looked at any of the Essentrics DVD with Sahra?

Some of her older DVDs are going out of print and are selling at a reduced price now. My favorite from Sahra is the Barre DVD and the Strength and Stretch in Motion. Of the newer DVDs I love the new ladies 2 DVDs too.

You may want to sign up for the two weeks trial just to view in greater detail and see what the workouts look like without doing them and then select.

I love the island vibe with Miranda and more so when time changes tonight and forward.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 05:05 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post

Some of her older DVDs are going out of print and are selling at a reduced price now. My favorite from Sahra is the Barre DVD and the Strength and Stretch in Motion. Of the newer DVDs I love the new ladies 2 DVDs too.

You may want to sign up for the two weeks trial just to view in greater detail and see what the workouts look like without doing them and then select.

I love the island vibe with Miranda and more so when time changes tonight and forward.
I love Stretch and Strength in Motion! Probably my most used Essentrics dvd. I don't do the Barre one much but it is very good and I most often did the standing segment.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 05:15 PM  
Nelly G

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post

In the Netherlands there is an Essentrics trainer and she sells only the Essentris dvds so I got the dvds with her.
https://www.essentrics-store.eu/product-categorie/dvds/
But they do not sell Classical Stretch though.
Old 11-06-21, 05:59 PM  
Karla25

There are episodes in Season 8 with Sahra, but most of my favorite episodes are in Season 9. That season flows well for me and helps keep me limber. It helps a lot with back pain. The nice thing about Season 10 is that it lists the type of workout: AF is All Floor, AS is All Standing etc.

Tags
classical stretch, classical stretch seasons, essentrics, season 14