Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-06, 08:07 AM  
Alive Again

Kathy Smith's Strong Sleek and Slim

Hi All

I got this yesterday and I have noticed that what is supposed to be the cool down of Ultimate Video Workout is actually the cool down of Weight Loss Workout.

Is anyone else's DVD like this?

Trevor
Alive Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-06, 10:38 AM  
Chris T.
VF Supporter

I think they all have the same CD

I think that all three workouts on this DVD have the same cooldown - even Ultimate Stomach & Thighs. I never had the original VHS's - maybe there was no cooldown in the original VHS's, and Kathy Smith and/or Goldhill decided that to put them on DVD, they wanted to make them more "complete" and in line with today's workouts by adding a cooldown? I don't know - I am just guessing here. Maybe somebody who has/has done that original VHS's can weigh in...

Chris
Chris T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-06, 12:40 PM  
Alive Again

Thanks Chris for confirming... Ultimate Video workout definitely had a cooldown. I still have it on VHS, and I can't remember anything in the cool down that was not okay by today's standards. I think it was probably an error when it was being put on DVD...
Old 12-09-06, 12:58 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Depending on the type of disc they used, they might have run out of room.
Old 12-28-06, 02:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive Again
... Ultimate Video workout definitely had a cooldown. I still have it on VHS, and I can't remember anything in the cool down that was not okay by today's standards. I think it was probably an error when it was being put on DVD...
was the cool down worth keeping in the DVD version?

collage has clips of these! i was laughing at the parking lot scene - you guys weren't kidding! the camera seems to be up on a cherry picker, looking down, and in the back of the cast, there's maybe 5 cars behind.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-06, 02:49 PM  
Alive Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
was the cool down worth keeping in the DVD version?

collage has clips of these! i was laughing at the parking lot scene - you guys weren't kidding! the camera seems to be up on a cherry picker, looking down, and in the back of the cast, there's maybe 5 cars behind.
After closer analysis, they clearly did run out of space on the dvd. There was nothing particularly outstanding about the cooldown, it is just me being anal and wanting the workout in its entirety!

Oh that car park scene is a blast...

Tags
kathy smith compilations