Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-06, 04:11 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

okay, on Amazon, i saw these vhs by Kathy:

Total Body Workout (64 min)
link

there's no date, and unless this was re-named later on, hard to tell.

Tone Up (60)
tone up link ~ 1992

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-06, 04:13 PM  
cameronae

March to Fitness

I LOVE march to Fitness. I bet I paid more than that for the VHS way back when. -alice
cameronae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-06, 04:34 PM  
sundari

Kathy's "Classics" is supposed to come to retail on Aug 15th. Why aren't there clips of this on Collage?
Old 08-08-06, 04:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
Kathy's "Classics" is supposed to come to retail on Aug 15th. Why aren't there clips of this on Collage?
by the way - does anyone know the total run time on this upcoming disc (Fat Burning Classics)?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 08-08-06, 04:40 PM  
carole r.

Ultimate Stomach and Thighs? Now there's a blast from the past. I hope it's chaptered. I already got Weight loss workout on DVD, though!
Old 08-08-06, 05:31 PM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

Cool

Thanks bzar, this is now on my wish list. March to Fitness is one of my favorite programs and I have had it for years and years. I like doing this one in March (March to Fitness) plus when I'm restarting. Very sentimental about this program.

Really enjoy the Temptation Walk and that segment where you go fast and then slow a few times.

Smiles,
Gilda

Reminder to self: Fitness, Finances, FICO
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-06, 05:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda
Thanks bzar, this is now on my wish list. March to Fitness is one of my favorite programs and I have had it for years and years. I like doing this one in March (March to Fitness) plus when I'm restarting. Very sentimental about this program.

Really enjoy the Temptation Walk and that segment where you go fast and then slow a few times.

Smiles,
Gilda
i saw a clip of March to Fitness on one of her recent DVDs. not knowing what workout it was (it looked like a beautiful setting, big window in the background), i posted at VF wondering what title it was. so i knew i wanted to get it, and now that it's coming on DVD, i want it.

i am sentimental about kathy's timesaver cardio - was my first foray into vidiot-dom, right after i recovered from child birth!

kathy also graduated from the University of Hawaii (same place where you saw Gilad sprinting on a football field) and is on the business school's list of distinguished alumni.

ok, i'll stop tying everything to Gilad now.

Old 08-08-06, 07:16 PM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
kathy also graduated from the University of Hawaii (same place where you saw Gilad sprinting on a football field) and is on the business school's list of distinguished alumni.

ok, i'll stop tying everything to Gilad now.
Oh, bzar, keep it up please! G(i)lad to know this piece of information. To go from Kathy's March to Fitness to a discussion about Gilad makes my day even brighter.

Another connection: Kathy does the Temptation Walk and Gilad does the same move (not by the same name) during one of the Quick Fix programs.

Smiles,
Gilda

Reminder to self: Fitness, Finances, FICO
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-06, 11:14 PM  
slimandfit

Can anyone give me an idea what the STARTING OUT and ULTIMATE VIDEO WORKOUT is all about?

I never realized she has plenty of workouts I've never heard of.

I'm glad March To Fitness is on DVD. It's a good "walking" workout for light days
slimandfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-06, 11:31 PM  
Mary09

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimandfit
Can anyone give me an idea what the STARTING OUT and ULTIMATE VIDEO WORKOUT is all about?
I had Starting Out but don't remember anything about it. I think it was very beginnerish floor aerobics, maybe?

Ultimate Video Workout is Kathy's first video, and was marked 'advanced' when I had it. It is mostly tough aerobics, if I recall correctly. There are several segments and setting changes. There is an add-on game in a parking lot. It also has some bouncing stretches and some other moves that aren't really recommended anymore. There are no weights but some parts are kind of more toning type movements, but they're done pretty quickly. I haven't done it in years and years, though. It was tough when I was in my 20s. There is a review of it here, that's not very favorable.

Instant Workout (in case anyone is interested) is 20 mins. of very 80s-ish aerobics, 20 mins. of (no weights) toning, and 20 mins. of stretch. The stretch is the best segment.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kathy smith, kathy smith compilations, kathy smith tone up, shed the pounds, winning workout