Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-05, 10:05 AM  
cooldham

Anyone NOT like rebounding?

I spent $200 on the rebounder and a ton of the DVDs to go with it...think I ended up with 18 all together! I always loved jumping on the trampoline as a kid, and the infomercial made it look so fun. But...I don't like it! Why??!! I was SO EXCITED to get it, and I ordered it at the risk of pissing off my husband (because I had also just ordered the RAMP) and now I don't like it! Waaa!

Sorry, I just needed to vent. Maybe I should try freestyling to music - if I built up my endurance maybe I would like it more.
cooldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 10:36 AM  
horsemom2

try other styles

If all you have tried are UR workouts, try other styles or freestyle *dance* like you mentioned. If Urban Rebounding workouts were the only things I ever did on a rebounder, it would wind up in the corner and pulled out once a month like my ramp cuz I find the UR basic bounce boring and tedious.
For a totally different approach I recommend Carol's Health Bounce and Starbound for rebounder specific workouts. Or just try some Leslie or George on the rebounder, even TaeBo (whatever you already have available). Once you get the hang of adapting workouts from the floor to the rebounder, you may never want to return to the floor again.

Barb S
who has found some non rebounder specific workouts much more enjoyable than UR workouts
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 10:39 AM  
Tait
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldham
I spent $200 on the rebounder and a ton of the DVDs to go with it...think I ended up with 18 all together! I always loved jumping on the trampoline as a kid, and the infomercial made it look so fun. But...I don't like it! Why??!! I was SO EXCITED to get it, and I ordered it at the risk of pissing off my husband (because I had also just ordered the RAMP) and now I don't like it! Waaa!

Sorry, I just needed to vent. Maybe I should try freestyling to music - if I built up my endurance maybe I would like it more.
I used to love to jump on a big one too when I was a child and thought I would LOVE my little rebounder but instead it lives behind my dresser collecting dust. I just don't like it -- I have actually put it up for sale and no one ever calls to buy it so I guess it will continue to live behind the dresser collecting dust until I toss it out.

Susan

Susan
Tait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 11:09 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I haven't used mine in a couple of years. Jumping on it with both feet is too jarring on my back and also makes me dizzy. I'm better when I jog on it, but that gets boring. Funny, years ago before I joined a gym or did anything else, I jogged on a rebounder every night after work. No problems then - of course, I was about 20 years younger!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 11:46 AM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tait
I have actually put it up for sale and no one ever calls to buy it so I guess it will continue to live behind the dresser collecting dust until I toss it out.
Susan, is there a Freecycle group in your area? (http://www.freecycle.org/) It's a great way to get rid of stuff that you haven't been able to sell and don't want cluttering up your house anymore.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 11:49 AM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

The UR workouts were NOT for me, but now that I'm into Leslie, I can't help but wonder what these workouts would be like on my rebounder (which is in storage on the east coast :rolleyes: )
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 11:52 AM  
Tait
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaP
Susan, is there a Freecycle group in your area? (http://www.freecycle.org/) It's a great way to get rid of stuff that you haven't been able to sell and don't want cluttering up your house anymore.
If I had not paid $140 for my rebounder I would donate it. Now I do have a few other items that I will try to find a home for that I have not invested as much into. If we get the Extreme Home Makeover that our doctors have submitted us for MAYBE they will get me my own exercise room with new toys and I will give all my old stuff a new home. I can dream.........

Susan
Tait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 11:59 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I'm not in love with rebounding either. I got mine about a year ago and it never felt "right" - it makes me feel dizzy and gives me a headache plus I find the intensity just so-so. I still use it from time to time for variety, mostly in a circuit format (so that I'm not rebouding for long intervals at a time) or to adapt portions of my high-impact workout (e.g., it's great to modify some moves in P90X Plyo).
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 12:01 PM  
Davida

I like my UR and the UR workouts, now that I have built up my endurance. At first I could only bounce for a few seconds - then I started doing the Basic workout with one minute doing what they were doing, one minute jogging in place. After a couple of times that way I could do the whole workout and now the time just flies by when I'm doing JB's workouts. His are my favorites so far.

Davida
Davida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 12:13 PM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tait
If we get the Extreme Home Makeover that our doctors have submitted us for MAYBE they will get me my own exercise room with new toys and I will give all my old stuff a new home. I can dream.........
Oh Susan, that would be so awesome! I'll have my fingers majorly crossed for you and your family!

I don't blame you for not wanting to give away something that cost that much. I probably wouldn't either.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment gathering dust