Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-28-04, 11:16 AM  
mcn333

Can someone post a link to this forum? I'd never heard of it, I want to get a quick glance before it shuts down.

Thx!
mcn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 11:37 AM  
getstrong

mcn333, You have to be registered to get in, and the administrator has shut new registrations off already. Sorry.
getstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 11:54 AM  
dixiechickntx

geez

Unbelievable. Are you serious?
Old 05-28-04, 12:28 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

No, the monetary backup is Sharon (Sherman Mumster). MM just posts at MUM. Yes, Michael does like him but MM does not own MUM. Also even though the "Mean Girls" thread is where Michael announced the closing of the forum, the closing of the forum is more than just that one thread. To quote Michael, "It's been on the card for months."

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 12:31 PM  
14yrbeliever

michael didn't say that...

fwiw, Michael never said it was MM who was financially backing the site. In fact, he just clarified that he was NOT referring to MM.

so it seems that the "aha" comments are not warranted.

Last edited by 14yrbeliever; 05-28-04 at 12:32 PM. Reason: edited to add that Helen and I must've posted at the same time!
14yrbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 12:35 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Yes, I just read Michael's clarification. However, he so intensely backed Medical Mark that people often incorrectly assumed it was Medical Mark's site. Well, "vile" Sharon is happy to be lumped in with Meg and Hypnomoon, since I think very highly of them.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 12:36 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Please do not speculate what is happening at MUM. Only Michael and the Mods know exactly the reasons. I considered MUM a second home. Michael was a wonderful host, Board owner and a friend. When I signed up I will never forget the welcome email I received from him. Of course, I thought it was just for me but soon found out that he emailed every new member. Not an easy task. When I was trying to find a Harry Potter scarf for Jonathan for his Halloween costume. Michael spent weeks finally finding one and Express Mailing it to me from England so Jonathan would have it Halloween eve. He accepted nothing from me. The pain that is being shown is clearly great. I consider the closing of MUM to be a terrible loss. Do not diminish the loss that I feel by slurring people from that Board.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 12:41 PM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Hedy's hurt feelings on this matter are a prime example as to why we ask that VFers NOT comment on what is personally happening on other boards, or about the actions of their members. Please remember that.

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 12:43 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare*
Hedy's hurt feelings on this matter are a prime example as to why we ask that VFers NOT comment on what is personally happening on other boards, or about the actions of their members. Please remember that.
Thanks Clare.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-04, 12:50 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

you're right Clare

I edited my post because it sounded nasty. No need to stoop.

Thanks for the reminder,

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mark henriksen