Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-03, 11:11 AM  
Phyllis

Stretching Work outs

Hi All -Can anyone suggest a stretching workout that is taught by a male instructor. It's for my brother and macho man probably would not like a female instructor. Also are there any that include work on the stability ball?

While on the subject of stability ball - Any abs workouts using the ball you would highly recommend?.

Thanks

Mar
Phyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-03, 11:15 AM  
Seabush

Spri's Awesome Abs on the Ball is great. That's the only ab stability ball workout I own. It is very challenging.

Crystal
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-03, 11:36 AM  
Pam L
VF Supporter

Scott Cole's Millenium Stretch is great. Only drawback is it's an hour long. He throws a little tai chi into it.
Old 10-27-03, 12:25 PM  
kathiez
VF Supporter

Fitball Upper Body Challenge

has upper body and lots of core work. The core work is pretty challenging and unique. The workout was actually developed as a conditioning workout for athletes. It is instructed by a woman PT but she uses 2 male athletes as models throughout the workout. It is about 45 minutes long.

Rod Stryker's Yoga for Longevity has a lot of good stretches, especially for people who are not used to stretching. It is led by Rod.
kathiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-03, 09:01 AM  
Natalie

Hmm, this is probably way too late, seeing as you posted this ages ago. But I just wanted to chime in and say that Great Stretch Guarenteed by Beach Body is a 10-minute stretch led by a man (Tony Horton) that I really like. The stretch is quick but pretty thorough and relaxing, and Tony is very agreeable, IMHO, on this tape.
Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-03, 09:38 PM  
warriorprincess

I like Pavel Tsatsouline http://www.flexibilitysuccess.com/
I have his relax into stretch tape. It's a fascinating and effective and very definitely masculine approach. In fact, the machismo factor may be a little over the top for some people.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-03, 10:35 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Rodney Yee's Yoga For Athletes is good. For abs on the stability ball, there is Going Ballestic. But it is led by a woman. She also leads Dynamic Stretch On The Ball which is an excellent stretch video using a Swiss ball.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-03, 05:25 AM  
Freda
VF Supporter

Warrior Princess, can you tell us a little more about the Relax Into Stretch video? I looked at the preview on the site you linked to in your post, and thought Pavel's speech at the beginning was hilarious. I'm interested to know whether you think there's really anything new about his approach. The stretches he demonstrates on the preview look a lot like yoga. Would you mind giving us your thoughts?
TIA
Freda
Freda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-03, 08:34 AM  
dnna

Warrior Princess, did you purchase relax into Stretchfrom the site/link that you posted? i would love to get this for an xmas present for my son or bf!!
Thank you,
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-03, 11:06 PM  
warriorprincess

Pavel is hilarious, and I'm not sure whether he's trying to be or not. But I like his personality. He calls you comrad and speaks rather like he's training his troops.

His technique involves alternating contracting and relaxing the muscles you are stretching. As you work the muscle and tire it out, it will naturally stretch more when you relax into it. It doesn't feel much like yoga at all. I actually prefer yoga but Pavel sounded more like what Phyllis was looking for. Yoga puts me in a certain mindset that's somewhat meditative, while Pavel is more active and results oriented.

I did get it from the website that I posted. I learned a lot from the man.

Nancy
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great body guaranteed, rod stryker, short stretch