Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-19-03, 02:41 PM  
Rachel*Jacobs

Question Anyone tried Beachbody-Thin Thighs Guaranteed?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried Beach Bodys "Thin Thighs Guaranteed" by Debbie Siebers??

If so what is it like? does it have the same exercises in it as Slim in 6 or Slim Series?? Do you like it? would you buy it again??

Is there is a review of it someplace? I have been looking but couldn't find one of it.

I have a lot of questions. haha

Thanks! Rachel
Rachel*Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-03, 03:23 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I tried it once, hated it, ditched it. What I hated: too short (11 minutes). Barely a warm-up. No cooldown. Crappy camera angle (very far away from the exercisers, and the "crud"on the screen--countdown timers, a lower-body anatomy chart thingy, other "stuff"--took up a lot of space). The exercises are similar to those in the Slim series or Slim in 6: several lower body exercises strung together.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-03, 03:47 PM  
Rachel*Jacobs

Thanks Kathyrn!
Rachel*Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-03, 04:00 PM  
lsp
VF Supporter

I tried it once too!

I thought it must be a great tape because people were paying big bucks for it on ebay a long time ago. So I got it, tried it, and resold it on ebay. I don't think it was really much of a workout...
lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-03, 04:29 PM  
RovinUSA
VF Supporter

I have to disagree...

Just goes to show different strokes for different folks I guess, but I recently borrowed this workout and it is one of the best I have done in a while. I wanted a short but effective lower body workout in the high rep/no weight style, and this was it. The reps are fast and you never stop - so you get a lot packed into those 10 minutes or whatever it is. The first time I did it I really felt it - for days after! It is definitely done in the Slim in 6/Slim Series style, with a similar format, but all lower body exercises with no cardio segments. It is filmed on a beach, but it is foggy/cloudy. The set/production didn't bother me, because I was just so happy to find a challenging yet short lower body workout.

Someone posted a very thorough breakdown and review of this workout -

http://205.214.68.83/vbulletin/showt...ghs+guaranteed

If you do a search for 'thin thighs guaranteed' you will find several other threads on this workout. I love it and plan to get the DVD!

Shelley
RovinUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-03, 05:06 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I have it and I think it's really nice as an add-on to another workout. It has similar moves to the standing leg work in the Slim Series.
Old 09-21-03, 03:46 PM  
Seabush

I have it. I love it. Your legs will be fried in 15 short minutes.

Crystal
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great body guaranteed