Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-03, 12:58 PM  
Beth

Why did Anna leave the Firm?

I'm probably going to sound like the stupid kid in school, but I had taken a break from exercising and when I came back, suddenly the Firm was formatted way different and Anna Benson was doing FitPrimes. Was there a falling out or something? I was just curious why she left and why the Firm is sooo different now. Thanks!
Beth
Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-03, 01:24 PM  
metalbarbie

Beth,

Anna sold the Firm to Goodtimes (the new owner of the Firm). Goodtimes changed the set and look of the Firm tapes. Anna formed FitPrime after divorcing her husband, "Medical" Mark Henriksen. They are all getting sued left and right over Firm-related business. I guess they just decided to sell and cut their losses.

As for the Firm staff, some went with Anna (Carissa, Tracy, Hiedi) and the rest stayed with the Firm.

Cynthia Benson, Anna's sister, is now just a consultant for the Firm.

Fitprime tapes have recieved mixed reviews. Some love them, others think they are too avant-gard for home fitness. Either way, Anna is still a rebel in fitness.

Anna can be found on www.fitprime.com
Mark can found on www.mindundermuscle.com
metalbarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-03, 04:44 PM  
Beth

thanks!

OMG! All this scandal I missed out on! Why were they getting sued? Thanks for the info--I've been wondering about it ever since I started hearing about the FitPrimes (which by the way, I would love to try if they would just get it on DVD!!!!)
Beth
Old 08-28-03, 05:35 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

You're not alone...

Thanks for asking for all of us, Beth! I've been wondering what was going on, but had no idea it was all that.
I'm on the fence on FitPrime...I want to wait and see if I can "preview" more of their tapes first - not impressed with what I've seen on Collage so far.
The Firm I know (I'm not sure I'm too crazy about BSS2 afterall, but I'll get back to it someday- love Firm Strength) and I really enjoyed Susan Harris's earlier workouts, but I'll wait.....
Old 08-28-03, 05:43 PM  
Kyra

Thanks for explaining. I was scratching my head over that one, too. (I also took a layoff from videos.) If you haven't seen Karen Voight yet, Beth, you're in for another surprise.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-03, 08:55 PM  
mel VF

Metalbarbie, did they sell or rent The FIRM to Goodtimes? (I thought they rented the concept to Goodtimes, but I could be misinformed.)

Lydia, Did you know that you can preview the Fitprime tapes at the Fitprime website? The previews are a little longer and of somewhat better video quality than Collage's clips, but some of them show the warmup and one block and that's it.
mel VF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-03, 10:02 PM  
Beth

Karen Voight

I know! I saw the recent thread about Karen Voight and was shocked about that too. She never srtruck me as someone who would change so drastically. Has she changed her exercise style? Her body shape seems a lot different in general--softer (no-not fat).

I also miss the old Susan workouts. She's one of my all-time favorite video instructors. I would love to try the Crunch Time, but again, I'm holding out hope for DVDs.

I feel like Rip Wan Winkle--I went to sleep on the videots for a couple of years and when I woke up, everything's different!

Beth
Old 08-28-03, 10:05 PM  
doskymom

Kyra or Beth,

I must have missed something - what's happened to Karen Voight?
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-03, 10:12 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I'm not Kyra or Beth...

...but I know the answer to your question. One word: SuperSizedImplants. That's one word, right?
Old 08-29-03, 01:41 AM  
ARTYGIRL
VF Supporter

Yep, that's the answer. Boobs happen.

Okay, we probably can't talk about this anymore without attracting the ire of one of our lovely moderators.

Marie

"A trimuph of art over logic"
(Manic Street Preachers)
ARTYGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm history, mark henriksen