Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-03, 12:15 PM  
doskymom

Yikes!

I found that thread to be a little scary. "Medical Mark" sounds pretty bitter. I've never understood getting into bashing different workout instructors and I'm not referring to saying you don't care for something when you are doing a review, but in the "Medical Mark" thread, I thought all the nasty stuff about Jane Fonda was inappropriate. I don't think whether or not she had a mom who suffered from mental illness has anything to do with fitness workouts and I think it was unfair. "Mark" sounds like he could use some therapy...

There are certain instructors I like better than others and I'm sure everyone feels the same way and your favorites aren't necessarily mine, but as long as there's someone out there for everyone who wants to work out, I think that's terrific and considering a lot of people don't exercise at all, I think it's great if you are out there rebounding, or bosuing or stepping or doing yoga or whatever makes you happy...
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 12:24 PM  
kksg13

yeah mark has been pretty beat up by the fitness industry. He is angry. He is a nice guy though- just has had it w/ all the lawsuits etc.
kksg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 12:42 PM  
Michele S

Quote:
I found that thread to be a little scary.
Yeah, it is a bit on the creepy side isn't it?!?
Michele S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 12:42 PM  
gelfling
VF Supporter

I agree that he sounds bitter and I also thought what he said about Jane Fonda was crossing the line. He comes off as very arrogant and angry (justified or no.) An interesting thread nevertheless. Thanks for the link
Old 07-30-03, 12:54 PM  
kksg13

You have to also know the political views of some of the MUM people to know why they dislike certain people (check the sauna) If you know medical mark you know he is NOT a liberal and therefore probably dislikes her as a political figure more than for her workouts.

He is honest, I have to give him that. He pulls no punches and he isn't the happy go lucky fitness type that usually is out front for a certain company. He co-created the firm and has had drama in his life ever since. Keep reading, you will see what all he has been thru. He says he is bitter, he admits it LOL
kksg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 04:47 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

hi ladies

Please remember that politics is one of those OTs that will get a thread closed/yanked, so let's steer clear of that subject, OK??

We also discourage discussion of threads and members from other forums, except where a thread contains an announcement of new video releases (e.g. on an instructor's forum) or something similar. So, while it's fine to refer people to another forum for information, let's not bring a discussion of the author of that information back here.

Thanks!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything the firm, firm history, mark henriksen