Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-03, 04:15 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I finally found it on Lifetime this morning at 8:00 CST. I had decided to make a quick run-though of the channels at the beginning of every half hour, but forgot until about 8:05! I managed to tape it, but will try again to get the whole thing. I was so excited to find it, and my SO says "Why are you so excited to watch a commercial?" He thought I was nuts! I KNOW THESE PEOPLE!

You all look fantastic. And the thing I love about the infomercial is that I know it's all real and true! This is the first time I've seen Jen Carman's 'before' picture and I about died! And Lisa Kaye is looking better and better and better (not that I've ever seen her not look good!)

The Firm infomercials are so motivating. I really do need to start a Firm rotation again.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-03, 04:28 PM  
Severen

I saw the Firm Infomercials *finally* and I'm dying to get the new sculpting system. Maybe I can get for my birthday (which is in July in case you are dying to know).

I also caught the Mari Winsor and Greer Childress (or what her name is) infomercials. I swear that Childress is trying to outdo Cher in the plastic surgery department. LOL
Old 05-05-03, 10:57 AM  
mghorton

Quote:
Originally posted by PamelaP
Believe me, Kathryn, you don't WANT to see what Greer Childers does. If that's the good ol' Body Flex program, what you do is get down on all fours, take in a huge deep breath, force it out whilst uttering a loud "PPPPPAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" and roll your eyes into the back of your head.
True story: my 12-year-old sister was looking for the infomercial all weekend. She called me when she and her girlfriend caught it early Saturday morning after a sleepover. Then she told me she thought it was much better than "that stupid one with the lady who just breathes and then moves the stick up and down. What the heck is that?"

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.
mghorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-03, 11:09 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Angry

I caught the last 15 seconds of it on Saturday morning around 10:30. Just enough to see Stephanie Corley . . that's it!

I was so mad!!
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-03, 11:31 AM  
54sneakers
VF Supporter

I saw the last 15 minutes of it this morning. It started at 5:30 am. I don't know what channel it was (way up in the high numbers where all the informericals reside). Looks very tempting and the last 15 minutes looked great...I'm keeping my eyes open for the part I missed and plan to "surf the channels" again tomorrow morning.
54sneakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-03, 01:29 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by Joni O
This is the first time I've seen Jen Carman's 'before' picture and I about died!
I liked seeing that, too. I remember the infomercial for SS1, when Jen talked about how she used to look, but I never believe people until I actually see the proof (like G. Childress who always talks about having been overweight, but NEVER shows a before picture of herself.)

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-03, 01:32 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by mghorton
She called me when she and her girlfriend caught it early Saturday morning after a sleepover. Then she told me she thought it was much better than "that stupid one with the lady who just breathes and then moves the stick up and down. What the heck is that?"
I admit I watched some of the Body Flex infomercial...the part where Greer talks about how she "patented" the idea of rotating the bar so that you get more resistance from the elastic cords (that are now wrapped around the bar). PATENTED? Does this mean that no one else who shows a resistance bar can tell people they can increase resistance by turning the bar? Whacky!

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-03, 02:37 PM  
Kimberly33

Quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn
I admit I watched some of the Body Flex infomercial...the part where Greer talks about how she "patented" the idea of rotating the bar so that you get more resistance from the elastic cords (that are now wrapped around the bar). PATENTED? Does this mean that no one else who shows a resistance bar can tell people they can increase resistance by turning the bar? Whacky!
I laughed my *** off when I saw that part of her commercial. Maybe one of our Librarian VFers can look this up for us. I can't believe that the patent office is so lame as to allow someone to patent such an action. My guess is that she patented the stick itself (with the pictures of the exercises on it and the way it breaks into two pieces). Maybe she was confused over what was patented, or meant to say "unique." Hmmm....

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bss1, cable flex