Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-01-22, 06:55 AM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up July 2022 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 06:56 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Welcome to the new month and Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 10,008

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-01-22, 10:08 AM  
lynnf

Happy July. June sure went fast. Didn't do anything yesterday, but did take a short walk to the park in the pm to see the free concert there. It was very pleasant, very family oriented, with lots of kids, dogs, people of all ages. The cover band wasn't that great and most of the songs they played were not my favorite but it was still nice sitting outside in the park with things seeming almost back to normal (though our Covid cases are really going back up a lot and we stayed away from the larger crowd). Did a barre 3 45 minute workout, which was pretty challenging. Planks on the sliders are hard.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 10:32 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thank you for starting our month! Yes, June went by in a flash.

To my astonishment and delight, my knees are fine today and didn't hurt last night. The hike was a last-minute thing -- my friend plays competitive tennis, has a social life with her husband, and sings in a group that's in concert prep mode. So she doesn't have a lot of time to hike and isn't offended if I have other plans. I went to bed early and slept 9 hours.

When I hiked regularly, in the previous century, I always went alone. Now I prefer to have a companion. Safer in case of injury or whatever.

Before the hike opportunity, I had planned to start a Prevention 30-day dumbbell strength plan. Today is supposed to be LB, including box step-ups. I think a 1,000 foot elevation climb/hike is the functional equivalent of that. I now plan to start tomorrow, with chest and arms; and do a stretch DVD today.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-22, 07:47 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I worked in the church office yesterday and didn't get a chance to do much during the day. By evening it was raining. I had an opportunity to go to bed early, so that's what I did.

Steps for yesterday: 4,148

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-02-22, 02:26 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I'm in favor of going to bed early. Getting enough sleep is as important as exercise and nutrition.

Last night I did Winsor Pilates for the back, which is always soothing and soporific.

Check-in: started the Livestrong dumbbell 30-day strength challenge. Did day 2, chest and arms. That didn't feel like enough, so I did Day 1, legs and butt, which I didn't do yesterday because of Thursday's hike. From now on I'll follow the calendar.

I don't mind a paper workout occasionally. For most things I prefer or need a video, but for weights when I know how to do the moves, I don't need chatter or instruction, and it's refreshing just to do it.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-22, 04:29 PM  
seabliss

Today I did the favorite cardio workout again. I've been adding marching between intervals, and that ups the calorie burn more according to my tracker.

Some days just do not go as we have planned. I turned on the bare-bones studio computer we have right now to edit a song. Then DH told me some friends wanted to meet us for at the local Mexican restaurant for brunch (here it's not like Mexican in the U.S. and not great but we take what we can get!).

After I got back I discovered that my phone, which had been acting up, wasn't working at all except to receive calls. No texts, no apps, no wifi. So I had to walk to the local mobile store for the service we use (I couldn't fix it myself). The first store was closed so I had to go to another. Between myself and the store shop guys, I finally got it fixed. Only then, after I returned home, I saw missing messages from other friends. DH was upset that I hadn't seen them. So we went to meet them this evening. I never got to work on my song. On the other hand, I have more than 21k steps today. My feet hurt. This was a big step day. Tomorrow is church. Hopefully I can work on my song in the afternoon.

Cynthia, I don't mind paper workouts occasionally either. We all know form by this time and don't need chirpy instructors.

Diana, glad you got some good rest. I agree with Cynthia that this is so important.
Old 07-02-22, 08:59 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-03-22, 06:01 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 22,008 I was on my feet all day

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-03-22, 01:36 PM  
lynnf

Sat. was the regular walk before it got too hot and today did a barre 3 weight workout and will hit my yin yoga class this pm.

Diana, whoa, that was a lot of steps yesterday!

Cheryl, some days are like that, but nice you had so many get togethers with friends. Phone problems are a pain. We are getting new phones as our current ones are so old the batteries barely make it through the day if we use them with any frequency. DH just got his new one and mine is coming soon.

Cynthia, sounds like you had a great hike and it is safer to walk with someone.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote