Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-05-22, 08:35 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff I really like kickboxing too! Today I did about an hour on the mill watching Call the Midwife. There’s a new Netflix movie or documentary about Three Mile Island I will check out.

My friend Chris has talked me into doing a triathlon on July 4th. So I will be adding in a little swimming and cycling. This is a sprint, the shortest distance. Luckily I have pool access.

Have a great Friday all! We
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 07:47 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy
- I've been watching an interesting documentary on Starz about the Watergate break-in with Julia Roberts playing the role of Martha Mitchell. It's pretty good so far. Wow, a triathlon. That's impressive! Have fun training.

We are in for rain for the next three days but I'm not complaining. I just saw that California is suffering a serious drought.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 09:52 AM  
Vantreesta

Popping in to say hey. After the great day on Monday all I've done for workouts was PT and I think some gentle yoga. Tuesday my mood was foul and that was that. But Wednesday I organized/straightened the closet in the bathroom where all my pajamas and workout clothes are. Yesterday I worked on taking Christmas lights out of the arborvitae which we put up at least a decade ago when the trees were small and were too lazy to take down even after we stopped turning them on. The cords got chewed through and were no longer safe to use. I got as far as I could without a ladder and figured I should wait till hubby is home for that. Weather has been nicer this week but not ready for upper 70s and low 80s next week.

I think someone asked when my 5k is. It's May 20. I won't be trying for a certain time bc I talked my friend into doing it with me so it will be jog/walk with likely a lot more walk than jog and lots of great conversation!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 07:34 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I finally got my running friends to agree to a reasonable start time in the morning, 6:15 am, so I will run with them for 6 miles. Today I have just done some stretching which felt great. We have had on/off thunderstorms all day but we need the rain.

Vannie my running friends often do run/walk intervals with races, especially trail races. It’s got to be fun! We do longer runs with intervals too. I am wondering, are you maybe too hard on yourself? Just asking as a fellow VFer who also sometimes gets overwhelmed.

Jbliff I had heard about the Martha Mitchell movie. A few months ago I listened to a Slate podcast about Martha Mitchell. Your movie sounds even better. Fascinating! The series was called Slow Burn. Sounds like a good rainy weekend for viewing and listening.

What streaming services do you all have? Thanks.
Old 05-06-22, 07:46 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I chuckled at your idea of a reasonable start time being 6:15 AM! I get it though, you definitely have to beat the heat. Monday I really should pull weeds so I'm trying to decide if I'll be doing that or running in the afternoon when it's 80 degrees.

Fair question and yes, I am generally too hard on myself. My personality type has always leaned toward obsessive overachieving perfectionist. Ay yi yi. I am kinder to myself than I used to be but I still have a ways to go. I think the stuff that's been making me so crabby lately will be much better going forward after a friend helped me adjust my attitude.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-22, 12:42 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Xtrain Legs standing, ball & chair premix and I also added on the rear delts work. I've never tried any the add-ons in Xtrain before and it was a good one.

Karjoy - I read up on Martha Mitchell and the people involved in the Watergate break-in really did a number on her. I felt so sad for her. The show I'm watching is called "Gaslit" and it was appropriately named. I don't use any streaming service at all, just cable, but my plan has a ton of movie channels.

Vannie - Organizing and cleaning up can count as workouts

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 05-07-22, 09:48 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff, that’s the impression I got from that Slate podcast: that they gaslighted Martha, made fun of her, said she was drunk etc. Disgusting. She was an interesting character for sure. You know, I never did an Xtrain add on either. Hmmm…

Vannie unfortunately 6:15 is late for this group! But I met them about that time this morning and it was a beautiful morning and a lovely run. 6 miles for me. They started a bit earlier, yawn, and got in 2 more miles. I’m glad you are being easier on yourself!

I did some weeding because it did not get too warm till very late afternoon. Gorgeous day!
Old 05-08-22, 05:10 PM  
JBliff

Yesterday I found this channel on Youtube that has a bunch of videos of instructors doing Body Combat, Yoga and Body Pump so I did 55 minutes of Body Combat + 25 minutes of yoga. It was a lot of fun and I just loved the music.

Karjoy
- You are such an inspiration with your runs and your gym workouts.

Vannie - I hope you are doing well.

Waves to Gibbee and Cher. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 05-08-22, 09:02 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 45 min run and this am did a 15 min pool swim. It wasn’t pretty and I was very slow but my body knew what to in the water. Night all.
Old 05-09-22, 12:51 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 57 minutes of Body Pump from the Youtube channel I found Saturday.

We are having spectacular weather right now--60s and sunny.

Have a good day, everyone.