Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-22, 12:19 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… didn’t realize you were a Steelers fan. You would fit right in with our family :-) except my husband who is a Dallas Cowboys fan.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 04:09 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Wow girls...I actually have a whole week with NO appointments. I was going to treat myself to a facial at nearby salon, but they had a covid outbreak. LOVE not having to drive anywhere.

Today I did both 140 Low Impact Cardio HiiT and 247 Time to HiiT Low Impact.
Both excellent together. Both use light weights just to amp up the cardio so I used 5s. I had done 140 years ago when I subscribed but of course didn't remember it.

Some of the moves were similar between the two but really a good combination. I liked 247 the best just because of the fun vibes, energy. It's 27 different cardio moves - nothing is repeated.

Really 2 perfect workouts together~
HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 04:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Cataddict… didn’t realize you were a Steelers fan. You would fit right in with our family :-) except my husband who is a Dallas Cowboys fan.
Oh my, yes I'm a lifelong Steelers fan and have converted DH as well. Went to a Super Bowl in the late seventies but the family still followed them even in the 60s when they were crappy and had trouble giving tickets away. We have a friend who is a lifelong Dallas fan (he's from Austin) and he HATES the Steelers lol, primarily due to the Super Bowl where they played each other and he claims that the Steelers "stole" the game from the Cowboys. My parents went to that game in Miami and I have a t shirt they brought me and I texted him a picture of it. His response was definitely NSFVF (not suitable for VF! )

I did some walking yesterday as I don't want to do too much and go backward on my healing progress. I'm doing stretching as well and adding a few that bee passed along to me that will hopefully speed things up. I have to tell myself that my "word" for 2022 is supposed to be *patience.* Sigh.

Chele, I agree that Caroline's shorter workouts are a nice change. I don't really care for repeating moves 4 times and I know you don't either! I haven't looked carefully but I haven't seen posts here by anyone who matches Caroline's weight selections. Maybe Kate could as she is one strong and fierce Watulan mama!

Kate, GREAT AMAZING news about Justin and that your ex is stepping up, particularly given that you have daily drives ahead. Hopefully the radiation treatments will clear everything up! Yes, you are right that you aren't out of the woods but this is such a positive step! Oh, I remember Prince making the comment about the cold keeping out the riff raff. Funny stuff!

Nathalie, yikes on those temps! People here whine when it's below 50! That said, it's in the 30s today so by our standards it's cold!! Yes, Caroline's weight selections amaze me.

Kim, since DH retired, we are actually going to bed later and getting up later. I had heard that as we age we get up earlier but it sure doesn't hold true in our case. I've been a lifetime night owl so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm actually surprised that DH stays up later but it could be he was anticipating getting up for work which he doesn't need to do anymore.

bee, I may have to check out that Team Body Project workout that made you high (or so you've read). Aren't there a few workouts that are free to try?

manley, I thought about you and the school issues as I had to drop off something for our grandson at his school and wow! I ended up being there for more 45 minutes due to all that is going on with positive cases and the related protocol and lack of staffing. I can't imagine how tough it is on teachers going through this on a daily basis!

Waves and hugs to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 05:24 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh brrrrr! I hope people are staying warm! I cannot imagine those temperatures.

Kate, wow, you've been given quite a gift of no appointments this week -- at least that's what it used to feel like to me when I had a crazy busy schedule and then for some reason had "nothing". I'm sure you still have plenty to do but boy it must be nice not to have to get anywhere. Enjoy -- you deserve a break!

Chele, yes, those shorter Carolines are great! Still some repetition, but it didn't bother me -- maybe it was shorter, or just the way it was done. The handful I did I really enjoyed. And I use about half the weight she does, too.

cataddict, here's the link to the TBP that got me so amped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft9lgLOVhr4
It probably won't have the same effect on you. I had been doing nothing but being in pain, so it was quite a welcome change for me. And, you'll note there's repetition here, but done in a way that it didn't bother me. They have plenty on youtube, and I think even more free on their website. Sometimes it's very hard to be patient -- I like your "supposed to be" word -- but maybe right now patience is best.

Funny about your hours changing post-retirement. When my husband and I got together, I was the early bird (had been all my life) and he was quite a night owl. After we had kids he got on a more regular schedule (though actually I think the business had more to do with that than our kids, since I did all of that work!), and now he is up by 6 every morning and I am staying in bed later than I ever have in all my life. And by that I mean 7:00 or 7:30. But it seems like such a drastic change since I have always been first in the house up and about.

45 minutes for school drop off!!

This morning I walked with a friend. We went to a new-to-me street but I loved it. No traffic, lots of redwoods. What's not to love? I though about doing some weights when I got home, but I jumped into the to do list.
Old 01-12-22, 12:57 PM  
lavna

I got the dreaded 500 error!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 12:59 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Chele, I agree that Caroline's shorter workouts are a nice change. I don't really care for repeating moves 4 times and I know you don't either! I haven't looked carefully but I haven't seen posts here by anyone who matches Caroline's weight selections. Maybe Kate could as she is one strong and fierce Watulan mama!
I'm sure our fierce Kate would be able to match her selection. too don't care for repetition. That's part of the reason I prefer her shorter workouts. Less romm for repetition!
Old 01-12-22, 01:00 PM  
lavna

Hello all,

I trying to cut my post to avoid the 500 error!

Yesterday, I did CL 234 Strong express UB but I used lighter weights than usual as I was still not fully recovered from Caroline's last weeks UB workouts.

We're having a reprieve for a couple of days from the artic temperatures but we're supposed to have a cold weekend. Yesterday morning, we reached a record of electricity use. Even though many people are working from home, electricity consommation is still high.

Have a great day!
Nathalie
Old 01-12-22, 01:00 PM  
lavna

It worked! (sigh of relief!)
Old 01-12-22, 03:15 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Ha! Now you guys have me curious to see if I could match Caroline's weights. I still haven't even previewed any but I have her page bookmarked.

Today is Justin's 39th birthday. He's out with his girlfriend and won $200 with a lottery ticket! Nice! I am very grateful he got through the last year!

I've done some TBP workouts and I like those guys. I never subscribed, just did the free ones. They're cute!

Today I did Live #4 Cardio & Weights. I don't really remember if this is like her Cardio & Weights DVD but it was a lot more fun and challenging than I expected. Anytime I see "compound" moves, I cringe a little but this was really fun and lots of energy!

I kind of went off my planned rotation of working from oldest to newest just because there are SO many to choose from. I updated my spreadsheet so I could track these Live workouts a little better.

Cheers to all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 04:10 PM  
manleym

Kim I got 3 copies of each workout. I'm sure Kelly is OVER this company! What a nightmare! I like the workouts I've done and am glad I preordered. The music is better than in some of her more recent/other workouts and overall I just seem to like them better. So far so good!

ChelePA I'm so sorry to hear about your tooth! On top of everything else! I'm really hard on my teeth, even with wearing a nightguard. A couple of years ago I bit down on a peppercorn and broke a tooth in half. Some of the worst pain I have ever felt. Have an implant now. Most of my crowns/fillings need to be replaced because I'm so hard on my teeth. They break, etc. Couple of weeks ago I was flossing and a crown came off. My grandmother and mom had bad teeth too so I joke that it's part of my inheritance. And I take really good care of them. My brother didn't and he already has false teeth. Not even 60 years old. Hope yours is an easy fix.

KateTT YAY for the great news about Justin!! So very happy for ya'll!! And happy birthday to him!! No doubt you (and only you) could match Caroline's weights.

Cataddict sorry to hear you got stuck in the school drop off mess. It was already like trying to get into Ft. Knox (have to buzz into building, show ID, etc) and covid has made it that much worse. We got an email that no visitors/parents can be on campus because of case numbers being so high. And I so remember that Steelers/Cowboys game! I've always thought of the Steelers being Dallas' rivals, probably because of that game, but apparently it's the Eagles. That was a big deal!

Nathalie stay warm! Glad ya'll are having a bit of a reprieve from the arctic blast. Sorry it will be back this weekend. Sounds miserable.

Hugs and waves everyone!

Workouts:

Monday - KCM's new Power Splits #1 - Upperbody. It was 21 min of weights followed by 11-12 min boxing. I also did the RAW Bonus Tabata Sculpting, which was a nice metabolic, mainly UB workout. No jumping - the tabata was just for the timer of doing 20 of work followed by 10 seconds of rest, or whatever it was. I really liked both workouts. The music is better than some of her more recent dvds. So far I'm glad I pre-ordered.

Tuesday - a good workout day from warmup to stretch. I started off with MrandMrsMuscle Lower Body Warm Up 5 Min Modifications Included. Then did Caroline Lifted Lower Body Workout - Dumbbell Leg Day EPIC Endgame Day 7 + 20 Minute Bodyweight Leg Workout Calisthenics Giant Sets. Both are GREAT workouts! My LB was burned out!!. I finished with Daniela Suarez 7 Min Lower Body Stretch Get Your Splits! Flexibility, Recovery & Relaxation No Equipment, which was a really nice LB stretch.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in