Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-21, 02:41 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Gosh, thanks, Negin! I really appreciate you taking the time to give me so much info. I'll review it all tonight. I will definitely pick up some biotin, I could very well be deficient in that. I will also get some John Masters shampoo, I love all of their products.
This was very helpful, thanks again!
Lori, you're most welcome. I hope that some of this helps. As Gams mentioned, it seems to be quite common.
Old 02-18-21, 11:50 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I have always had very fine, low volume hair and used Nioxin shampoo for a while years ago. Now postmenopause I am developing a bald spot that is more noticeable since I'm not getting highlights or getting outside in the sun much during lockdown.

I was taking Garden of Life Hair, Skin and Nails supplements regularly and they definitely help my nails and skin, but don't see any effect on my hair. I couldn't find it when I ran out recently so am trying the Om Beauty-Full capsules instead since they were on sale. (I'm vegetarian so avoid animal products).

I've also been using Pura d'or Hair Thinning Therapy Shampoo for a couple of months now and while it does seem to have slowed hair loss, I'm not seeing regrowth yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
The ordinary's multi peptide serum helps: https://theordinary.deciem.com/produ...y-60ml?redir=1
I need to look into this. Have had good luck with The Ordinary's skin care products in the past.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 11:12 AM  
Hazel Porter

Quote:
My mother-in-law uses that brand's shampoo, but it has never really done anything for her. I used it once at her house and it burned and irritated my scalp. I should ask her about it again though.
The shampoo and conditioner were nothing special (I find so many of these volumizing shampoos just dry my hair out). But the spray on product is great and I've had no negative side effects.
Old 02-19-21, 11:15 AM  
Hazel Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
Is this powder in the blue container?
https://www.vitalproteins.com/produc...lagen-peptides.
Yes, that's it. I also subscribe and it's very convenient (and slightly less pricey than buying it retail).
Old 02-19-21, 11:26 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
The ordinary's multi peptide serum helps: https://theordinary.deciem.com/produ...y-60ml?redir=1

Also minoxidil.
I tried The Orinary's serum. I think it gave me a headache, which I've read repeated in other reviews. Also, I read that one of the ingredients can affect hormones, which made me nervous (so I quit it). YMMV and I didn't do much research, but that may be of interest. https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product..._Hair_Density/
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 12:36 PM  
Scorpio6

BIOTIN. It's part of the B vitamin group. Very cheap, you can get it at GNC.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 08:19 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I just wanted to give an update as to what's actually worked for me: pure aloe leaf (directly from the plant) and magnesium spray (topical).

I massage the aloe leaf on my scalp overnight before I take a shower, and I spray the magnesium on my scalp for about an hour before I take a shower and massage it in. I read that sometimes calcium deposits in the scalp can cause problems, and since I'm on well water, I have a lot of calcium in my water. And since magnesium is needed to balance out calcium, I figured I'd try it.

And after a month, I've got some regrowth. It's not visible to anyone else but me, but it's better than it was. Small victories!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 04:06 AM  
Negin

Quote:
it's better than it was. Small victories!
Happy for you, Lori!
Old 03-23-21, 07:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I see big tubs of Vital Proteins at Costco and it goes on sale regularly. I'll try it next time.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 07:41 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I see big tubs of Vital Proteins at Costco and it goes on sale regularly. I'll try it next time.
I tried the Vital Proteins collagen but it gave me bad digestive issues so I stopped after a few days.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, hair, hair loss, hair thinning, perimenopause