Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-19, 01:33 PM  
gjv

If you only wanted to buy one Joyce Vedral workout, which one would it be?

I've got 3 in mind, but can't decide.....

Dynamic Tension & Complete Non-Stop Workout

Top Shape Total Body Workout (2 Workouts On 1 DVD)

Bottoms Up Gold.

But maybe someone else knows better! ☺ Thanks!
Old 10-14-19, 01:53 PM  
Sissy B

I have several of Joyce’s DVDs and my favorites are Speedy Non-Stop and the Just Joyce series - Just Bra Roll Boob/Just Butt and Just Thighs/Just Arms.

If I were going to get just one, based on what you have listed, I would get Speedy Non-Stop or Bottoms Up Gold Plus. They are both have separate upper body and lower body workouts that can be combined for a total body workout. Speedy Non-Stop is a shorter, quick workout and Bottoms Up Gold Plus is a longer workout, even when doing upper body and lower body separately.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 02:32 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Bottoms Up Gold + - my first joyce.

I actually prefer the original non stop to speedy non stop.

If you are short on time - go for one of the non stops.

I also love the just joyce series but takes a bit to figure out how to mix/match.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 03:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i've been on a Joyce focus lately. i've noticed her DVDs are much more affordable now on Amazon and Ebay and recently picked up 3 of her DVDs. i own all of her books and worked out with 2 of the titles - Definition and the dorm workout.

i have all of the ones you mentioned, but have only seriously done Definition. you can do all of the segments in 35 min. i was surprised how quickly the UB portion finished.

edited to add:
The Everything-Joyce-Vedral thread :-)

Joanna explains the differences (in a nutshell) in the 7th post on the 1st page.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 03:38 PM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i've been on a Joyce focus lately. i've noticed her DVDs are much more affordable now on Amazon and Ebay and recently picked up 3 of her DVDs. i own all of her books and worked out with 2 of the titles - Definition and the dorm workout.

i have all of the ones you mentioned, but have only seriously done Dynamic Tension. you can do all of the segments in 35 min. i was surprised how quickly the UB portion finished.

edited to add:

Joanna explains the differences (in a nutshell) in the 7th post on the 1st page.
Thanks for the everything Joyce link!

I got an email from College Video today, they have a whole bunch of her dvds. Most about 14.99 I think?
Old 10-14-19, 03:40 PM  
gjv

I'm leaning towards getting 2, Bottoms Up Gold Plus and the Dynamic Tension.
Old 10-14-19, 03:41 PM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post

i have all of the ones you mentioned, but have only seriously done Dynamic Tension. you can do all of the segments in 35 min. i was surprised how quickly the UB portion finished.

edited to add:

That everything thread is awesome! Thanks again!
Old 10-14-19, 04:21 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, i edited my response that it was "Definition" (DVD) that i used this past week (not Dynamic Tension).

i plan to try Dynamic Tension sometime in the next week.

her workouts are very time efficient - she gets you in and out.

edited to add:

the VF Chaptering forum has several Joyce DVDs for chaptering - here's a link to the index, and under Joyce Vedral, you'll see the links:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ral#post122934

these are the titles for which chaptering has been provided (go to thread link to get the actual links):
Quote:
Joyce Vedral
Bone-Building Body-Shaping Workout
Bottoms Up Gold
Definition Workout Plus Bonus Abs
Fast Forward
Fat-Burning Workout/Bathing Suit Workout
Non-Stop & Dynamic Tension
Weight Training Made Easier

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 09:38 AM  
angie_nrs

Thanks for posting. I've had my eye on Bottoms Up for a long time since it has been nearly impossible to find. Apparently they are doing remakes of that workout.

Is Complete Bottoms Up and Bottoms Up Gold the same workout?
Old 10-15-19, 09:56 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
the VF Chaptering forum has several Joyce DVDs for chaptering - here's a link to the index, and under Joyce Vedral, you'll see the links:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ral#post122934
I didn’t know that this thread existed! Bzar you are a font of VF knowledge!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college dorm workout, dvd-r, joyce vedral, joyce vedral favorites