Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-19, 12:44 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I hope everything goes well for you, Lori!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-19, 01:09 PM  
sherry7899

Best wishes for a quick recovery. I am sorry you are having such a rough year.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-19, 01:26 PM  
mtngoat

Best wishes for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery! (Sorry no advice to give, as I have never experienced this.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-19, 03:07 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks everyone for your well wishes, it certainly helps!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 07:50 PM  
Melissa C

Hi Lori—it’s been 15 years since I had gall bladder pain that was worse than childbirth. In my case I was lucky in that once I saw the doctor and was diagnosed, for whatever reason I didn’t have any more recurring pain. I had to wait a month before scheduled surgery and they gave me a list of what would be OK to eat before surgery and for the two weeks afterward. I had already been following the .weight watchers points program which restricted fats and encouraged moderation elsewhere, and the food list was basically what I was already doing. I also kept my regular exercise routine going (thanks, VF!) The whole time except for surgery day and about six days afterward. I would recommend asking a nutritionist or dietician for food recommendations. I hope your surgery goes smoothly and you are free of pain for the foreseeable future!
3:27:39 on November 4, 2017
3:13:13 on November 3, 2018
Indy 500 Festival Half Marathon:3:26:27 May 4, 2019
"What? Like it's HARD?"
"Exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. they just don't."-from"Legally Blonde"

Blog: melissacooper46.wordpress.com
Melissa C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 08:22 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
. . . Now I have to wait a month for laparoscopic surgery. . .
Why such a long wait? Surgeon booked up?
Old 08-29-19, 01:53 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
Why such a long wait? Surgeon booked up?
Yep, a month or more now to schedule it since I now have to have a complete upper endoscopy and lower colonoscopy tomorrow to see why I still have anemia before the surgeon will even think about scheduling the laproscopic. It probably won't be until early October now.

I tried numerous vitamin therapies to help with my anemia, but my numbers just won't budge upward. So this surgeon wants to rule out everything before she rips out my gallbladder. Sigh. The prep for this tomorrow is worse than anything I've every experienced -- not looking forward to an entire night of diarrhea....

I had switched my diet to just white, bland, low fat foods and felt okay. So I'll go back to that after this procedure tomorrow. UGH!
Old 08-29-19, 03:16 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa C View Post
Hi Lori—it’s been 15 years since I had gall bladder pain that was worse than childbirth. In my case I was lucky in that once I saw the doctor and was diagnosed, for whatever reason I didn’t have any more recurring pain. I had to wait a month before scheduled surgery and they gave me a list of what would be OK to eat before surgery and for the two weeks afterward. I had already been following the .weight watchers points program which restricted fats and encouraged moderation elsewhere, and the food list was basically what I was already doing. I also kept my regular exercise routine going (thanks, VF!) The whole time except for surgery day and about six days afterward. I would recommend asking a nutritionist or dietician for food recommendations. I hope your surgery goes smoothly and you are free of pain for the foreseeable future!
Thanks, Melissa! This gives me some hope of getting my old routine back after all of this. I've been brainstorming for food ideas for next week. And I'll try some easy walking on the treadmill next week to at least do something other than sit here and worry...
Old 08-29-19, 03:27 PM  
Negin

Lori, I'm sorry to hear this. Hoping and praying for an easy recovery.
Old 09-09-19, 10:10 AM  
Lori_Michigan

All of my gallstone issues got worse in the last few weeks, so now I'm having the laparoscopic surgery this week. It's odd because I've never had the excruciating pain that others have had, I've only had shakiness after eating and chills in the afternoon/evening, an itchy rash, and gray stool (sorry, tmi!). I just hope that I don't have a stone in my bile duct in addition to the gallbladder, which is kind of what my symptoms are pointing to. But I guess we'll see if that's the case after they take my gallbladder out. Funsies. This year has just sucked!!!

I just want my normal eating and working out schedule back

Tags
gall bladder, gallstone