Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-19, 12:03 PM  
Cher

Help! Any advice how to reduce thighs quickly?

I gained a few extra pounds back over the holidays and have been trying to lose it since January. I’ve lost some but not quite enough. I’m going on a vacation the end of April and tried on my shorts and they don’t fit! I have 2 pairs that I can get by with but the other pairs look horrible! I’m not really surprised though since this has been a life long battle. Also, going shopping to buy new shorts for me is about as easy as losing weight! I carry my weight in my thighs and butt so whenever I buy shorts/pants/capris they are huge in the waist just to fit my legs.

I know spot reducing is next to impossible but has anyone ever done light weight/high rep leg work everyday and gotten any quick results? I realize this probably doesn’t happen but willing to try anything for the 3 weeks to see. Any ideas? Or just suck it up and keep washing and wearing my 2 pairs?????
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 12:59 PM  
videofit

Find a dermatologist with a cosmetic practice. They usually offer Coolsculpting and similar fat reduction procedures.
Old 04-04-19, 01:18 PM  
starbelly

If I have not been doing barre, I get immediate pulling in from a few barre workouts. This Lotte Berk workout is short and really focuses on the glutes and hamstrings. Bar Method and Pure Barre have similar tightening/lifting effects for me.

Good luck!
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 01:29 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

The original Callanetics definitely reduced my thighs quickly. T-tapp Basic/Total/More did too. For inner thighs nothing has done it better than T-tapp More Chair.

It is technically considered safe to do Callanetics/isometric exercise everyday, but I think it is too intense to do that often. Also, remember that changes actually take place on rest days. So, I would suggest EOD or EOOD. Most of all, don't skimp on the stretches - that is what is necessary for the reduction. T-tapp can be done everyday for a bootcamp up to 14 days but then shoukd only be done EOD or EOOD. Also T-tapp Total is now available as a streaming workout, so you could get stared right away. If you decide to try this, start with the instructional.

Wanted to add that with Callanetics and the standing T-tapp wirkouts I noticed reduction after each workout session. And I only did them twice a week. With More Chair, I got the payoff maybe a week later.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 04:20 PM  
noodles

I run hiit intervals on the treadmill. Fat melts off like butter in a frying pan lol!
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 05:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
The original Callanetics definitely reduced my thighs quickly. T-tapp Basic/Total/More did too. For inner thighs nothing has done it better than T-tapp More Chair.
a friend of a friend wanted to borrow my Callanetics 10/10 (original) VHS tape back in the 90s. let's call her carol. Carol was expecting her boyfriend to visit in a FEW WEEKS, and had experienced fast thigh reduction when she did Callanetics. she declared that Callanetics was the only thing that got her thighs down.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 07:04 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cher, I sent you a pm.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 07:42 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
a friend of a friend wanted to borrow my Callanetics 10/10 (original) VHS tape back in the 90s. let's call her carol. Carol was expecting her boyfriend to visit in a FEW WEEKS, and had experienced fast thigh reduction when she did Callanetics. she declared that Callanetics was the only thing that got her thighs down.
I really love what the original Callanetice 10/10 dud for my legs. The hamsteing stretch i the barre was a little tweaky to my back and something overall about that workout out tension in my neck. But the aesthetic result was exactly what I wanted. I even liked how although it reduced my thighs, it didnt deflate my my outer quads, and I ended up wih a nice sweeping curve rather than the stick legs the newer barre workouts give me. When I started working with Judy Mooser she taught me the newer modificatons (which are in the Callanetics Evolution dvd) which make it safer and pain-free, but one downside is they do standing prezel at the barre, which is what causes stick-legs (even though pretzel is for the hips and behind). I realize that look is popular, but I want my legs to look like they have some meat on them when if I'm wearing skinny jeans. Luckily Judy taught me how to do the lying-down pretzel in a safer way too, so I can keep my outer thigh curve.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 09:29 PM  
carly

How about a couple of sundresses to mix in with the shorts. I have similar fit problems and tend to feel more comfortable in a cotton sundress and sandals than shorts/pants. Save the shorts for the days you are most active, i.e. hiking, etc.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 04:50 AM  
Tanja

Switch to skirts and skorts. These mask stronger thighs very well.
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
callanetics success, judy mooser, pretzel, spot reduction, t-tapp results