Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-19, 08:14 AM  
bubbles76

Kathy Smith Fast Fit - Question

I had borrowed this dvd from the library a while back, but can't remember if it had a Play All option or if it was programmable. If you have this dvd, can you let me know? I remember enjoying it very much, but would enjoy it more if it had a Play All option. Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 07:47 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I had borrowed this dvd from the library a while back, but can't remember if it had a Play All option or if it was programmable. If you have this dvd, can you let me know? I remember enjoying it very much, but would enjoy it more if it had a Play All option. Thanks!
I have it! There is a Play All option, but the sequence is already set up for you. The sequence is Introduction, Body Basics, Total Body Toner, Fat Burning Blast, Miracle Abs, Stretch & Flex. The segments are chaptered, though, so you can easily skip forward or move backward through each chapter to do the segments in the sequence you would like to do.

HTH,
Donna
Old 03-26-19, 08:08 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks so much! Cute kittens
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 03-28-19, 02:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

because of this thread, I pulled this out. I acquired it a few months ago and never got around to it until now. no time like the present!

yes, the menu is "play all" or the individual segments. there is no programming capability. if you select one of the segments, it takes you back to the main menu when it finishes.

I would have 2-3 sets of DBs handy. she does everything with 1 set, and when you work the smaller muscles like delts, you have to lower the poundage.

it has the "PGX" logo in the background - I believe someone said this DVD was part of some promotion, and this might be part of that.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-19, 06:21 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
(snip)
it has the "PGX" logo in the background - I believe someone said this DVD was part of some promotion, and this might be part of that.
Yes, I think it was part of some sort of promotion for a nutritional supplement (protein drinks, maybe?), but I don't recall that she ever mentioned the products during the workouts, or even during the introduction. You just see the logo in the background and that's all.

Donna
Old 03-28-19, 07:18 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks ladies! Is there a warmup? Does it move fast? It didn't seem to move fast from the previews.
Old 03-29-19, 12:49 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Thanks ladies! Is there a warmup? Does it move fast? It didn't seem to move fast from the previews.
although i selected "play all" i only did the first 2 segments, both of which use weights. the first segment has a brief warm-up. the second one goes right into the moves, although some of the moves were similar to the first segment.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 06:59 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
There is no warmup in any of the segments. Even the cardio segment seems to move right into the workout. The Body Basics segment isn't fast, as she is supposed to be teaching proper form. You work either upper body or lower body, but not both together. She doesn't waste time between exercises or sets, though. She just gives you a couple of seconds while she introduces the next move. This would give you just enough time to switch weights (assuming they are handy) if you need to. The Total Body Toner segment moves faster and it's all four-limb exercises in order to fit more into the 10-min. time limit. Even so, you still have a couple of seconds between exercises if you need to switch weights.

Also, FYI, there is a beginner modifier in each segment.

HTH,
Donna
Old 03-29-19, 07:17 AM  
Diana3271

I have a question. Does she go to the floor in all the sections? TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 05:57 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I have a question. Does she go to the floor in all the sections? TIA
Pretty much, yes. In the Body Basics, she does planks and push ups in the last two minutes. In the Total Body Toner, she does push ups in the last minute. In the cardio segment, she does a few mountain climbers toward the end of the workout, but that doesn't last long. Stretch and Flex is mostly standing dynamic stretch, and she's not on the floor all that much--but there is some time spent on the wrists for cat/cow and hamstring/hip flexor stretches.

HTH,
Donna

Tags
fast fit, fastfit, kathy smith