Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-20-18, 03:06 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Do the machines look like this? Ignore first few seconds of women doing floor work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfBW8DlH64o
Ha! Not sure if you meant this to be humorous, hope so.

Mine looks like an oversized scale and feels similar to massage. It vibrates my entire body. The speed can be varied. It’s actually quite relaxing and invigorating at the same time.

ETA: If i contract my abs deeply while I’m on the machine I can feel the muscle contractions. The deeper I contract, the more sensation. It can get close to the sensation of pain you feel when you max out an exercise. Pat58 I’d be interested if you feel the same sensation when you use the one at Planet Fitness.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 07:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Lanette, no I never feel pain in there. I use it as a balance challenge, too. It has straps at the top you're supposed to hold on to but I prefer to only keep two fingers near it and let my muscles work to keep me up - same concept as a stability ball but more intense.

In fact it's wonderful to use on cold, dark days because of the infrared light and the warm, strong breeze from the fan. I imagine being on a beach. You have to wear peepers in there the light is so intense.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 07:53 AM  
TinaT

I've never been on one of these machines,... like others, I rebound. I rarely go without using it in some way during my workout.. daily.

If this piece of equipment fits your needs and it gives you a desired result, then you made a great decision in getting it. Now I want to learn more about it.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 09:08 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
It’s THIS BRUSH. I got it from Amazon. I mostly use it with Teresa's brushing method but when I think about it I also mix in some of the Fascia Blaster techniques as well. I’m just lazy about the oil.

I tried to post a picture of it but can’t.
These brushes look great and look like they would travel well. Ordered. Thanks!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 06:33 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Have a vibration plate - It’s a model that looks like an oversized scale. It doesn’t feel at all like a workout. It feels great. I haven’t been using it much at all lately. I tend to cycle it in and out of my rotations. I see it more as Relaxation and to me it feels Massage-like. Maybe that’s because I don’t do exercises on it.
Does it look like this?

I love this thread.
Old 10-10-18, 06:52 AM  
Diana3271

Negin Thank you for posting that link. I am also interested. I like that it's compact. We have a very small house and don't have room for much.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 07:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Negin Thank you for posting that link. I am also interested. I like that it's compact. We have a very small house and don't have room for much.
Dang I want one of these now.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 03:19 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Does it look like this?

I love this thread.
Mine is the same shape but is black and a Merax. When I search my amazon orders and click on mine THIS ONE COMES UP. It’s more squared off and costs $39.99 less than I paid but the actual attributes and features are otherwise the same.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-18, 04:07 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Diana, although our house isn't that small, I also would prefer something that doesn't take up too much space.

Quote:
Mine is the same shape but is black and a Merax. When I search my amazon orders and click on mine THIS ONE COMES UP. It’s more squared off and costs $39.99 less than I paid but the actual attributes and features are otherwise the same.
Thank you!
Old 10-14-18, 04:08 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Dang I want one of these now.
I hear you.

Love your siggy quote, by the way.

Tags
equipment gathering dust, lymphatic system, vibration machine