Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-17, 04:05 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
Amen on both points. I'm curious about this style, and I certainly would love to give these workouts a try, but he is NOT as body positive as Hamelin and that's a turn off for me for sure. I wish he would tone down the pro-ana marketing and focus on something more empowering.
I agree. I looked around his site and I saw a lot of indirect body shaming and focus on being really thin. I'm not sure I want to support that. I also wish he had more previews of workouts because I can't see how much different this is from other things I do. A hip extension is a hip extension, even if you put a yoga block on the floor underneath your foot. I did one of Hamelin's Blitzmatics workouts and didn't think it was all that (sorry, Hamelin fans!). I didn't get a burn during or DOMS the next day.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 10:41 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I did one of Hamelin's Blitzmatics workouts and didn't think it was all that (sorry, Hamelin fans!). I didn't get a burn during or DOMS the next day.
Just want to chime in really quick (I promise my feelings aren't hurt ), I think I enjoy Ballet Beautiful workouts more than I do Hamelin's, but the results from Hamelin's Bliztmatics are really something else (at least for me). I don't get DOMS and love that about it, I am not too sore to workout and still get amazing results so it's a good fit for me but totally understand if they just weren't your cup of tea! Thankfully there are so many things out there in the VF kingdom to choose from
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 11:56 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I didn't see before & after pics, but I found that thigh gap ball picture bizarre, even disturbing, like one of those extreme waist "training" corsets. I then took a look at his blog and read his wedding entry. The way it's written is so weird to me, he sounds like he controls his wife's body. I couldn't finish it.

Perhaps his methods are brilliant and enjoyed by many, I just found the guy off-putting.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 02:42 AM  
desertMermaid

I'm interested in the trial but not in providing my credit card details. That is enough to put me off. I found the thigh gap picture surprising too, (not in a good way) but was willing to try it for 2 weeks for free.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 08:25 AM  
momofcha

I never thought this thread would go in the direction it has. I don’t aspire to be model thin & I never will. This method seems very similar to blitzmatics to me and I enjoy that. I will do these workouts and see how it goes for me. Do I think I will get a “thigh gap? No. Do I want toned & defined thighs? Yep. I’m glad there are so many different types of workouts so that everyone can be happy.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 09:11 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm sorry Sue, didn't mean to veer off but you know thread discussions. <sorry!>
As I said, he's probably amazing at what he does and for the innovations he may have brought to the industry. I'm not saying anything against his actual fitness methods, which I know nothing about.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 10:01 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I never thought this thread would go in the direction it has. I don’t aspire to be model thin & I never will. This method seems very similar to blitzmatics to me and I enjoy that. I will do these workouts and see how it goes for me. Do I think I will get a “thigh gap? No. Do I want toned & defined thighs? Yep. I’m glad there are so many different types of workouts so that everyone can be happy.
No offense intended to you. Please let us know what results you get. I admit, I don’t care for him, the content on his website or on what I saw on Instagram. That said, I am curious if the workouts build functional strength, as he claims (I.e., help you avoid injuries).
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 01:03 AM  
NotThatGirl

I finally got my p.ball today and I love it so far. I've done one workout, that thigh gap or whatever they call it. You only use the p.ball for a few moves in that video but I could really feel it. I honestly think my thighs look slimmer and more pulled in already (it's probably wishful thinking but I'm going to go with it ). I'll have to try it out with a few of the other workouts that call for the p.ball before I render a final decision on if it was worth it or not but as I strapped it on I did think what a pain it would be to try and substitute with something else cobbled together from what I have (hats off to who ever pulls this off) that is really comparable to this piece of equipment. It feels really nice and well made, the ball is thicker than anything I have...the closest being the squishy fitball I used in Barre3 for a hot second but they are decidedly different. The strap set up really helps keep the ball in place too while you do all the different moves. So far I am absolutely loving the streaming and couldn't be happier. I like the way he instructs (but wish he mirror cued) and definitely plan on sticking with it for a while.

eta: ps this is like an instant butt lift. I've done three of his workouts, one of Hamelin's in the last few days and my behind is looking so pumped and perky...can't wait to see where I am after some more time!
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-17, 09:03 AM  
Sweetsal

I'm so glad to hear about the P-ball. I'm only on the third day of the trial so I'm making myself hold off for a bit before I order. I'm really hoping it will be the "secret sauce" to debulking my thighs. I must say that after only a few of these workouts, I now "get" Blitzmatics. I love Hamelin but a lot of the time I didn't understand what I was supposed to be working or where I was supposed to be feeling it. I'm trying to decide if I should go back to the (many) Blitzmatics that I already have or just continue with P.volve. I highly suggest checking out at least the free trial if you already have Blitzmatics.
Sweetsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-17, 03:25 PM  
Maybelle

I know there are mixed feelings about these, but there's free shipping on domestic orders through the 27th and the Free Trial period is extended to a month for sign ups through the 27th as well. No code needed.

I'm not a fan of the thigh gap talk but curious about the method and giving the trial a try.
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, hdm, p.volve, thighmatics