Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-17, 04:42 PM  
ardnas

I have an extra copy of Classical Stretch Season 5 Tone & Stretch in case with first disc only (someone here purchased the second disc from me a few years ago).
It arrived loose in case with light surface scratches, but plays fine. CS sent me a replacement (since all original orders of season 5 shipped that way - they started shipping with foam inside or individual envelopes after that) and said to keep the original set.
I'm open to trade, can send pics of disc.
Disc 1 = episodes 501 full body slenderizing, 502 waist & hip toner, 503 posture 1, 508 slenderize calves and ankle, bonus 1 full body toning, and bonus 2 thigh and butt thinner.
Old 05-24-17, 05:19 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

What is it about Season 5 that makes it so desirable? Does it have something other seasons don't have?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 05:26 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 05:27 PM  
mlroman

It went out of print I guess within a year or two after it was made. Miranda wasn't pleased with it. For me, it's just that it was right after Season 4, and I find the therapeutic style and pace of those workouts are great for me when I'm having my back and hip issues. I hoped Season 5 would be somewhat similar. I think, though, that for some others, it's more the desire to have the complete collection without a hole between 4 and 6. =) The season had good reviews here, I believe, but many people didn't have a chance to acquire it before it was pulled.

Still just bein' a mel...
mlroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 05:31 PM  
mlroman

I had thought I read about the sound, too, but I'm seeing "the look" in this thread: http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=143946

There were (2) two-dvd sets: the stretch one - which is what was on Amazon today - and a toning set. (I guess like Aging Backward is in two parts, and was sold both separate and as a complete set of 4.) From looking back at the reviews, I think the toning set had the sound issue, because the mike was placed too close to Miranda's mouth, and Sahra and the gent (her hubby?) were also on it and miked and it didn't work well.

Still just bein' a mel...
mlroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 05:36 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I really have no idea what you're talking about when you say you want to have the complete collection. No comprehension of that concept!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-17, 08:32 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I have all of Season 5 and there are definitely sound issues, but it doesn't bother me that much. Since the workouts are good, I just don't look closely at Miranda. You can see her mouth doesn't match her voice but so what. I recently did all of Season 5 (one episode at a time, of course!) and really enjoyed it.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 06:38 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have Season 5 (and 4). Not my favorites. I keep them, though, because I hoard my CS/Essentrics .

Honestly, there are so many other dvds available that I don't think I'd spend a ton of money on acquiring Season 5.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 06:38 AM  
hourglass

I got Season 5 when it first came out, and it’s always been one of my favorites. Lots of good lower body focus. I can’t say I’ve ever noticed Miranda’s mouth not matching her voice… there is some wind noise sometimes, but that doesn’t bother me.
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
essentrics pain relief, scratched dvds, season 5