Old 03-21-17, 04:03 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
QVC program guide...

Vitamix - More Than a Blender
Sunday, April 02, 2017
12:00 - 01:00 AM EST

In 1937, self-taught "modern" home products salesman and Vitamix founder W.G. Barnard introduced an all-new product - the blender - to his line. This first Vitamix machine revolutionized small appliances and made "blender" a household word with the first-ever direct response commercial in 1949. Today, Vitamix blenders perform kitchen tasks that ordinary blenders can't. With its powerful motor, this all-purpose kitchen machine helps to ensure that you get the maximum benefit from your fruits and vegetables, for healthier eating in no time at all. Discover why Vitamix is the choice of professionals and consumers alike, and learn for yourself why it's More Than a Blender.

Make healthful treats with ease—shop the innovative selection.

Upcoming Shows
Sun 04/02/2017 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM
Sun 04/02/2017 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sun 04/02/2017 03:00 PM - 04:00 PM
Sun 04/02/2017 06:00 PM - 07:00 PM
Sun 04/02/2017 09:00 PM - 10:00 PM
OMG thanks so much for this info. I'll wait for this day!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 06:03 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

If you are interested, on their website they currently have a certified reconditioned Vitamin 5300 for $300 ($60 off the original price.) It looks like this is the earlier version of he 7500 which retails new for $529. (I can't tell how the two are different.) Vitamix has payment program through Paypal if you wanted to use that.

They also have a certified reconditioned Standard for $299, and this blender retails new for starting at $450 (if it is like the 5200.)

I love my Vitamix to pieces, but I still have my old Oster blender which I use for chopping nuts or making pastes that I want to have some texture - things I would use a 1-cup canister for. I say this because if you want a Vitaminx, but aren't quite ready to pull the trigger, you might find an Oster at a thrift store which can tie you over until you are ready for the Vitamix, and you can still have a secondary blender.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 08:26 PM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
If you are interested, on their website they currently have a certified reconditioned Vitamin 5300 for $300 ($60 off the original price.) It looks like this is the earlier version of he 7500 which retails new for $529. (I can't tell how the two are different.) Vitamix has payment program through Paypal if you wanted to use that.

They also have a certified reconditioned Standard for $299, and this blender retails new for starting at $450 (if it is like the 5200.)

I love my Vitamix to pieces, but I still have my old Oster blender which I use for chopping nuts or making pastes that I want to have some texture - things I would use a 1-cup canister for. I say this because if you want a Vitaminx, but aren't quite ready to pull the trigger, you might find an Oster at a thrift store which can tie you over until you are ready for the Vitamix, and you can still have a secondary blender.
That's a great deal!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 11:35 PM  
thelmaloo

I also have a Vitamix. I bought it through QVC about 4 years ago when it was on sale and did the easy pays. Great machine for my smoothies and I also make Hummus in it ! It purees everything so smooth. I use it everyday and I love it.
thelmaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 10:04 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

My first high-speed blender was a Blendtec. I had it for pretty close to 9 years. It died, and last year I decided to go with a Vitamix 7500--one of the low-profile models that fits under the kitchen cabinets. These were not available in 2007 so that is why I bought the Blendtec.

Having had both, there is absolutely NO question in my mind that the Vitamix is superior. For one thing, it is quieter than the Blendtec. When I would run the Blendtec, my cats would race from the room. The Vitamix does not faze them. Despite the "you don't need a tamper" Blendtec propaganda, the fact is that having the tamper is really helpful. I didn't use 99% of the programmable speeds on the Blendtec, and I really like the simplicity of the controls on the Vitamix. The Vitamix also seems to get smoothies smoother than the Blendtec.

I'm super happy with my blender and am glad I switched to Vitamix.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 11:20 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I have to chime in here...I work in New Product Development and just yesterday visited the Vitamix facility. It's located about 20 minutes from my office (Cleveland area). I was impressed with their company , people , and facility.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 01:24 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
I have to chime in here...I work in New Product Development and just yesterday visited the Vitamix facility. It's located about 20 minutes from my office (Cleveland area). I was impressed with their company , people , and facility.
Thanks so much! My DH wants it now. I will wait to see what the price is on QVC on 4.2.17!

Carla
Old 03-31-17, 09:51 AM  
ardnas

Here is the link for the Vitamix QVC presale. It appears to be the smaller under the cabinet model and it comes with the dry container, 2 cookbooks, tamper, and DVD for $399.96 and free S&H.
Old 03-31-17, 12:26 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

After burning through many blenders, we bought a Vitamix at Costco. Best thing ever...use it daily.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 10:08 PM  
CarlaVeg

Ok ladies, I just ordered the Vitamix from QVC but just realized the jar is only 48 oz and not 64 oz..... should I cancel??

http://www.qvc.com/Vitamix-Elite-750...sc=K46067-CSWB

Carla

Tags
blenders, ninja, nutribullet