Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-03, 12:35 PM  
lovemykid

Margaret Richard question

Being the video maniac that I am, I am now getting interested in yet another instructor, Margaret Richard. So now I'm into the Firm, Cathe, and am interested in trying a Margaret Richard video. Particularly in Upper and Lower Body sculpture. Please help either talk me into it or out of it completely. Will Margaret do anything for me that my Cathe endurance or Firm endurance workouts can't do? Are her videos (Upper and Lower body sculpture) very professional or are they poorly produced?
Thanks
lovemykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-03, 12:38 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

I have Margaret's LB tape. I also tape her Body Electric shows off of PBS. She is VERY professional and down to earth. Her workouts will leave you feeling the burn! She is very thorough and consistent. I have no problem with the pace of her workout.
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-03, 01:43 PM  
Seabush

I've been doing a month MR rotation and have had great results in my lower body. Margaret works the inner and outer thighs like no other! If you are looking for a solid lower body floor workout, Margaret's your person.

Crystal
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-03, 02:04 PM  
blueskies

An additional question....

Is there another good Margaret Richards tape that hits the total body in one tape? There seems to be quite a few at her website, but at almost $30 per tape, I want to be particular about the next video I buy (I have "Getting Better" now). Any suggestions?

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-03, 02:30 PM  
glitterhair

Best Lower Body Tapes

Which Margaret Richard lower body tapes give the best results?
glitterhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-03, 02:33 PM  
Seabush

Recommendations

I've acquired a few (Getting Better, Sculpture Lower Body, Sculpture Upper Body, Home Improvement, Body Electric, and Muscle & Grace Toning) MR tapes over the last month or two. If I were to pick one tape for a total body workout it would be Muscle & Grace toning.

P.S. Margaret's Sculpture Lower Body tape might be her toughest lower body tape. However, her Home Improvement video is fresh in mind. I did the tape last night and the bridgework for the hamstrings and glutes along with her outer thigh work was simply brutal!

Crystal
Old 01-14-03, 02:49 PM  
blueskies

Anyone Have or Recommend Her Newer Videos?

Thanks, Crystal, for the "Muscle & Grace Toning" recommendation.

Has anyone tried the newer ones--Give Me Strength Toning, Beauty to the Bone Vols. 1 & 2, Raising the Bar? If you have tried them, what do you think of them for effective total body workouts?

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-03, 02:57 PM  
Seabush

Reviews

There are some recent reviews of her videos at

http://thefitnessfusion.com/fitnessf...wforum.php?f=7
Old 01-14-03, 06:02 PM  
Katie W
VF Supporter

Its cheaper for 2

If you order 2, when you get to Check-out, they discount it by 9.95, also its free shipping until Jan 15. Thanks to another Vfer who told me this.

So, now are you really tempted?
Katie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-03, 08:21 PM  
chulisima

Thumbs up She's so underated!

I been a fan of Margaret R. for 16 years (she was my first weight workout at 9 yrs old). She really works each muscle thoroughly to fatigue..burn, burn, burn! I tape her PBS show. Over the years, the exercises have been updated and sometimes she throws in some creative strength moves.

Her videos are expensive.. .I suggest you see if she comes on your PBS TV station, she gives a list of channels (by city) on her website. www.bodyelectrictv.com

Sorry i couldn't help you pick a video, i don't own any yet.
chulisima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard, muscle and grace, sculpture