Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-17, 02:44 AM  
Genevieve M

has anyone had any experience with a whole body vibration machine?

I am very curious about these, and if they can help with fitness. Thanks for any info you can give.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 07:15 AM  
spotted zebra

I don't have any experience with them, but here are some videos I found with exercise ideas and techniques.

http://www.totalimagefitness.ca/training_videos.html
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 09:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

One of the Planet Fitness gyms in my area has a gizmo that looks like a stand-up tanning booth, only it has a red infrared light and vibrating platform inside. I knew someone who used it 3-4 times weekly and swore that it helped to relieve joint pain, and even tighten up his loose skin from losing weight. I'm considering upgrading my membership so that I can visit that Planet Fitness facility too.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 10:45 AM  
spotted zebra

Interesting topic, thanks for starting this thread.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 02:07 PM  
Loriann

I tried one out at the fitness store where I got my spin bike. I was laughing about jiggling off the fat and the owner had me try it. Just did a few simple things like standing on it while doing bicep curls, elevated lunge with one leg on platform, and a side plank with one hand on base and my feet on floor. It was crazy how my muscles felt when I was done! It would be interesting to use one on a regular basis but time, space, and money restrictions prevail.

Lori
Old 01-02-17, 05:47 PM  
nd2325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
One of the Planet Fitness gyms in my area has a gizmo that looks like a stand-up tanning booth, only it has a red infrared light and vibrating platform inside. I knew someone who used it 3-4 times weekly and swore that it helped to relieve joint pain, and even tighten up his loose skin from losing weight. I'm considering upgrading my membership so that I can visit that Planet Fitness facility too.

That/s a Beauty Angel. It also has red light therapy lights in it. The red light part of it is good- my scars from where i had my gallbladder removed have lightened up a LOT. I dont know about the vibration part though, it seems like every time I use the vibration I have achy knees and shoulders.
Old 01-02-17, 07:06 PM  
videofit

Thought you were talking about machines like these. Watch video. There is also a pic in the article of men working out.
Old 01-02-17, 08:17 PM  
Genevieve M

Hey, don't laugh! Those machine were really big with the Gloria Stevens workout chain in the 1970's (is that anyone else besides me that remembers that chain?). They also used this machine:

http://www.beauty-systems.cz/rolleti...-news-in-2011/
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 01:55 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Videofit and Genevieve M, I'm old enough that I remember going to facilities where both of those devices were in use. I clicked on this thread thinking it would be about those kinds of gizmos. It sounds like there's kind of a balance/vibration booth you can exercise in.

I can personally testify to the fitness effects of spending weeks on a sailboat constantly moving on the ocean. You're working all the time.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 08:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Hey, don't laugh! Those machine were really big with the Gloria Stevens workout chain in the 1970's (is that anyone else besides me that remembers that chain?). They also used this machine:

http://www.beauty-systems.cz/rolleti...-news-in-2011/
We had Jack LaLanne Clubs in NYC, I belonged to the Wall Street area one when I worked there. The jiggly and rolly machines got more attention than the cable stations and exercises classes - the rolly ones actually felt good!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, vibration, vibration machine