Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-14, 10:02 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Lori, congratulations on your Margaret Richard results! This is exactly what I needed to hear, since I just ordered her Getting Better, Triple Threat, and Perfect 10.

Could you give me an idea what a typical workout week using Margaret's workouts looked like for you?

Thanks in advance!

Sue
Hi Sue!

I hope my addition answered your question (I added it while you were posting).

In addition to the downloads which are chaptered by body part, I ripped her DVDs by chapter (her DVDs are also chaptered by body part).

So 5-6 days a week I would either 1)do one of her full-body workouts, or
2) do a full-body workout with one or two chapters subbed out, or
3) create my own workout by selecting the warm-up, pectorals, triceps, biceps, delts, back, inner/outer thighs, quad/hamstring/glutes, cool-down I wanted to do that day.

I tried to vary a body part exercise between days. So, for example, if one day I did push-ups for pecs, the next day I would select a pec chapter with weights.

My workouts ended up being shorter than usual, about 45-55 minutes. (I usually do 60-70 minutes).

As others have said, Margaret is a little sneaky. She works you hard in such a gentle, quiet manner you don't really notice!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 10:08 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Lori, congratulations on your Margaret Richard results! This is exactly what I needed to hear, since I just ordered her Getting Better, Triple Threat, and Perfect 10.

Could you give me an idea what a typical workout week using Margaret's workouts looked like for you?

Thanks in advance!

Sue
Yes, I'd love to hear your rotation, as I find myself going back to Margaret very often as she works me out hard with absolutely no "dread".

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 10:22 AM  
mtngoat

I just wanted to add that I made this sound a lot more complicated than it was! I got a little media player about half-way through the year - that's when I started subbing out chapters (because it is so easy to do that way).

I just looked at my workout calendar. A week I did in February, fairly typical was:
Sunday Spark 1-3 (70 minutes*), Monday Spark 3-4 (47 minutes) + short treadmill, Tuesday rest, Wednesday Home Improvement (60 min), Thursday Unplugged 1901-1902 (42 min) + short treadmill, Friday Unplugged 1903-1904 (42 min) + treadmill, Saturday rest.

* Spark - is missing a cool-down/warm-up between the 2nd and 3rd workouts. I remember thinking 'Man this workout feels long - it was! 70 minutes.

I forgot I did treadmill for some of the year. It aggravated my hip (and may have initially caused the injury) so I gave it up.

I should think about adding one of her 25-30 minute workouts into my current routine! I hadn't really given this much thought before - maybe it was her lower-body floor work which gave me such great results!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 10-06-14 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added specifics
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 11:31 AM  
bzbnmom

mtngoat, or anyone else ... Is there a difference in the intensity or level (beg, int, adv) in Margaret's DVDs: Unplugged vs. older DVDs vs. newer DVDs? I do understand that you can go lighter/heavier with the weights, but I'm talking about a general feel...?
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 11:44 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzbnmom View Post
mtngoat, or anyone else ... Is there a difference in the intensity or level (beg, int, adv) in Margaret's DVDs: Unplugged vs. older DVDs vs. newer DVDs? I do understand that you can go lighter/heavier with the weights, but I'm talking about a general feel...?
I would say the are all generally about the same - maybe her newest ones The Spark and Good For You may be a little bit easier - but again, if you lift heavy enough you can still make them challenging. I think the Unpluggeds are on the easier side, probably b/c they are shorter, but I bet if you did a couple back to back they would be challenging. The ones that I think are the hardest/most challenging are Triple Threat and Sculpture. Oh, the one she did for QVC that uses the squishy ball (I forget the title) is on the easy side, too.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 07:52 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Wow! Congrats on your results, Lori. I'm looking forward to trying her.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard download, margaret richard results, margaret richard rotation, muscle and grace, triple threat