Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-14, 01:06 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiva View Post
Comments on chaptering and dvd breakdowns and the workouts themselves on this thread are relative and informative to me. Anything other then that like the above, is so tacky it makes me ashamed that women notice this sort of stuff to begin with. In fact, I think this is one of the MOST tackiest threads I have ever read.

It reminds me when I raced (mountainbike) 50 miles, technical. I never wear makeup while racing, why would anyone? Yet even as I placed into the the top 15 (including the male racers) a comment was made about my appearance from other women, negative, which I personally heard first hand and second from my *male* comrades. No man would ever say that to another man on the racing venues...like dude your not wearing mascara, or your jersey doesn't match, or hey did you gain weight. Why do women do this to other women? What the hell does it matter? Lashes, what lashes, I have never paid attention to this stuff, what sort of demeanor or personality zeros in on this. Sorry, this sort of stuff makes me stay away from women forums.
Sorry if my comments about false eyelashes offended your sensibilities. It was meant tongue in cheek, for crying out loud, and I doubt Cathe would care if she read it. Particularly since I own all of her DVDs and preordered her latest releases. She can laugh all the way to the bank. I did delete my post, out of respect to others, because I didn't realize it would result in such a visceral reaction. You did immortalize it by singling me out and quoting me.

There are people who find instructors' appearance potentially distracting, from too much make up to skimpy clothing. Did you see the comments on Ana Forest , some male yoga instructors' outfits, Cindy Whitmarsh's makeup, and the prancercise lady? I don't usually fall into the camp who gets distracted by visuals, but I confess that those massive lashes amaze me--I think they are hilarious.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 01:40 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Sorry if my comments about false eyelashes offended your sensibilities. It was meant tongue in cheek, for crying out loud, and I doubt Cathe would care if she read it. Particularly since I own all of her DVDs and preordered her latest releases. She can laugh all the way to the bank. I did delete my post, out of respect to others, because I didn't realize it would result in such a visceral reaction. You did immortalize it by singling me out and quoting me.

There are people who find instructors' appearance potentially distracting, from too much make up to skimpy clothing. Did you see the comments on Ana Forest , some male yoga instructors' outfits, Cindy Whitmarsh's makeup, and the prancercise lady? I don't usually fall into the camp who gets distracted by visuals, but I confess that those massive lashes amaze me--I think they are hilarious.
You didn't offend my sensibilities, trust me on that one. I was pointing out that focusing on a woman's appearance is tacky (to me). Regardless if its tongue-in-cheek, the meaning is still transparent and sort of passive/aggressive on your part anyway. I don't have many dvd's other then Cathe's weight lifting, AOS, Skogg, Ilaria, and if I didn't like a dvd I'd pitch it and keep my opinions on that sort of stuff to myself. In this day, its nearly impossible for any woman of any age to escape this constant judgement roll call. Lets just pretend this never came up, okay?
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, cathe workouts, older cathe workouts, power music