Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-14, 04:36 PM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbclark44 View Post
Another Slim & Limber lover here. Years ago I got the whole set in a trade just to get my hands on Slim & Limber. It's one of my all time favorite stretches.

Me, too--only I found the set at a thrift store and snapped it up for S&L. I've never done the workout itself because I hate, despise, loathe, and abominate squats, lunges, and crunches, and Debbie does 'em all.

I have this one also and don't like it near as much as Slim & Limber mainly because she does stretches on the knees and I have a hard time doing anything on my knees for any period of time and usually end up subbing some other type stretch. Other than those stretches I actually like CIO Express.
Ah, thanks for the tip-off--I'll be skipping the stretches on the knees, too. They're so darn uncomfortable!
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 05:22 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
On Kathy Smith's Shed the Pounds compilation DVD, there's a lovely 15-minute stretch that's comparable to Slim and Limber. (It's at the end of the Instant Workout segment. The entire DVD is chaptered, so it's easy to locate.) Perhaps this is the one Jane was thinking of.

Vintage, I'm curious--what didn't you like about Debbie's Cool It Off Express? I bought the DVD for pennies at a thrift store but haven't done it yet.
Yes, that's it. I like it because it doesn't take stretches to extremes the way it can sometimes be done in yoga.
Old 09-03-14, 08:36 PM  
Diana3271

Thank you for all the replies. I just got home for the evening, so I can read through all of the recommendations.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-14, 08:47 AM  
Sandi M
VF Supporter

I do both Slim&Limber and Cathe's Total Body Stretching's No Equipment routine every week. For a third weekly stretch, I often do the best parts of Slim Series Cool It Off to get it down to 20 minutes.

Haven't found any other stretch routines that are short and thorough.

Sandi
Sandi M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pure and simple stretch, shed the pounds, slim and limber