Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-17-14, 07:11 PM  
isebelleg44

Whatever happened to Stephanie Vitorino?

I took about an "hour" today, to figure out what I wanted to do for a workout. Nothing appealed to me and I changed my mind about a "100" times. I was going through my vast collection, when my eyes fell upon The Ultimate Body Shaper. I have not done that workout in years, but I knew it was what I was looking for. A mixture of cardio and weights with a strong core emphasis and not a lot of repetition. I went heavy, because I knew there were not a lot of reps and got a fantastic workout! I love the functional movements and the fact that there was a strong balance component. This is a great workout, that does not wipe you out.

I ended up trading her Body Target 360. because it wasn't challenging enough. I almost want to revisit that one. She is a great instructor and I wonder what ever happened to her.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 05:48 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Not sure...I liked her for a while too. I thought she filmed another Bootylicious Buns workout but have never seen it, but that was a few years ago now.

I had both of her workouts and enjoyed them for a while but eventually moved on. A couple years ago I did a lot of functional fitness stuff and experimented with a few different and new to me instructors, Stephanie, Angie Miller and others. After a while I the whole FF thing just petered out for me and as a result I unloaded many of those workouts. I realized that I prefer more traditional strength training after all.

She's a fine instructor though, great personality. She didn't generate a whole lot of buzz around here though. I think she has a FB page if you want to like it and see what she is up to.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 12:15 PM  
Breezy Trousers

I've wondered the same thing. Stephanie seems to be very active in the fitness world, but I'm no longer holding my breath that she'll release another workout.

Stephanie's advanced workout is underrated. It's harder than it looks if you go heavy. She has some interesting, different moves, too. The Firm's influence on Stephanie is really evident! Even more than Tracie Long (who has a very distinct style), Stephanie's workouts seem to be the love child of The Firm and functional fitness.

I like that I can do the entire workout or just do one of its two 30-minute segments as a stand-alone workout or as an add-on to another 30-minute workout, like JNL Fusion or Body Revolution. It's versatile and no-dread.

A year ago, I bought "Total Body Slimdown" for really cheap -- $5 or $6? -- on Amazon so I could have back-ups of both of Stephanie's workouts.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 12:16 PM  
kristiep

I just bought Total Body Slimdown which includes Body Target 60 and Ult Body Shaper (along with some Caribbean Workouts by Shelly McDonald). It was such a great deal at $7.98, and I really like Stephanie. I have all of her ExTv workouts. Can't wait to try these!

Dang! The price has dropped $2 (to $5.98) since I bought the DVD. This is a great deal for so many workouts.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 12:33 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Stephanie's advanced workout is underrated. It's harder than it looks if you go heavy. She has some interesting, different moves, too. The Firm's influence on Stephanie is really evident! Even more than Tracie Long (who has a very distinct style), Stephanie's workouts seem to be the love child of The Firm and functional fitness.

I like that I can do the entire workout or just do one of its two 30-minute segments as a stand-alone workout or as an add-on to another 30-minute workout, like JNL Fusion or Body Revolution. It's versatile and no-dread.
I agree with your assessment. I like her workouts and I really should add them into my rotation more often.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 03:03 PM  
lesia

She teaches at Equinox. Toby M. is on my FB friend list and he often posts pics of the instructor's there (Keith Irace, Stephanie, Anja Garcia, Jeffery Scott, Amy Dixon)

HTH

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 06:52 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

She released 2-3 workout dvds in the past couple of years. She seemed to do several for an organization and Collage had another one of her newer ones last year.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 07:20 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
She released 2-3 workout dvds in the past couple of years. She seemed to do several for an organization and Collage had another one of her newer ones last year.
I tried searching Collage, but only found her bio.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 07:50 PM  
Cybersparkle

I don't do her workouts, altho they look interesting.

Here is a link to her site

http://www.stephanievitorino.com/index.php

and FB page

https://www.facebook.com/StephanieVi...tness/timeline

Just google searched her name ...
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 06:27 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Never mind. It was Stephanie Levinson I was thinking about. I'm sorry! I was tired and on pain drugs. (It couldn't be that I was just generally confused! )

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stephanie vitorino