Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-14, 10:08 AM  
Rachel*Jacobs

Question about Slim in 6

I bought Slim in 6 workouts ages ago when it came out in vcr video cassettes.
What I am wondering is the ones for sale now (Mary's sale going on) are they any different or are they the same workouts only now on a DVD?
I know that my Start it up video is almost an hr. long, & the new one is 37 min. or so. Are there any other changes that would make it worth while to rebuy them, besides being in the DVD format?

Is there a review of the workouts any where so that I can compare them?

Thanks!
Rachel*Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 01:55 PM  
raeven

I'm pretty sure they re-recorded the set. I don't have any version of it..so hopefully somebody will chime in here, but I think it got re-done..pretty much the same except for new background people and music? Somebody that knows more, please step in
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 01:59 PM  
imhere2dance

You can find the original Slim in 6 on Amazon or eBay. The workouts were re-filmed a few years ago and that's what Beachbody currently sells. Personally, I like the updated version more.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 02:52 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

I have heard it said that some people think the new versions are a little bit faster paced, but I can't compare personally.

I have the new set and I don't find it too fast paced, except for a couple of spots where she does some finishing reps at a pretty high speed and I just go at my own pace for those segments - it's barely any of it.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-19, 01:04 PM  
Vantreesta

OLD THREAD ALERT

Do the workouts in the updated version have the same titles as the original series? And the updated version has shorter workouts, is that right?

I didn't pay much attention when the updated versions of Slim in 6 and P90 came out bc I thought they were the same workouts just re-recorded but somewhere i was just reading that the new P90 workouts are different from the old Power 90 ones so now I'm interested.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-19, 01:53 PM  
furmomof6

Vantreesta, yes they have the same titles! The Start it Up workout is shorter than the original at 25 minutes. Ramp it up is 50 minutes, and Burn it Up is 60 minutes. It's basically the same workouts re-recorded with one or two new/different moves from what I recall.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-19, 02:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Christine! I'll have to actually look at the S6 DVDs that are the thrift store now. Maybe they're the updated ones.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-30-19, 06:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the re-filmed ones have a different cover and come in a tri-fold cardboard folio and were released in 2010:
https://www.amazon.com/Debbie-Sieber...vies-tv&sr=1-1

VF has a review of the re-filmed version:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=4418

the original set is in a regular-looking DVD case that houses 2 discs in it. note that in 2004, they shortened "Start It Up" in the DVD version to 22 min (instead of 50 min), so there's 2 DVD versions of it floating around. if you had it on VHS, it was probably the longer version of Start It Up. people complained 50 min was too long for a beginner. what they should have done was create a pre-mix.

the set with a longer Start It Up has a different UPC on the back label. this thread shows the UPCs for the Long and Short versions of Start It Up:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=124777

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-19, 07:20 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks so much, Jeannine!

Old 12-10-19, 09:03 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post

the set with a longer Start It Up has a different UPC on the back label. this thread shows the UPCs for the Long and Short versions of Start It Up:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=124777
Thanks for this, bzar! I had the original Start it Up on VHS, but never on DVD. Until now. I got one from ebay, where they have UPC info in the details of the listings.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slim in 6, slim in 6 (2010)